Mogs your punch

>mogs your punch

Attached: palm strike.jpg (480x360, 18.23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wUyN2UoV4i8
youtube.com/watch?v=Gm0SyEqc7ns
youtube.com/watch?v=pa7S-BRNlsw
youtu.be/tynKRMVGsAI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>strike with palm
>sprain or break your wrist
>lose fight
>???
>profit

you have to be really bad at hitting someone to sprain or break your wrist by doing a palm strike, your hand is in a fixed position when striking like this. Unless you're hitting them with your fingers, it's a pretty safe bet that you won't damage your hand

do you know what a palm is?

How do I punch like this?

Attached: Goku's one inch punch! _D (60fps) (720p_60fps_H264-128kbit_AAC).webm (1272x720, 2.82M)

you dont

Attached: samfe.png (550x607, 653.38K)

absolute retard

ive sprained my wrist from palming saving a soccer ball, tell me why a punch would be any different, both things are force applied through the wrist in an extended position

You hit with the fat of your palm, near your wrist, more specifically the bone. When you do this you are locking out and flexing your hand to form a flat surface with your fingers slightly bent at the 1st knuckle and your thumb tightly next to your index finger. When performing the strike as an uppercut, it's best to place your elbow close to your hip and launch it up and forward.

When you probably hit that soccer ball you possibly made the mistake of hitting with the grasp or center of your hand as in a slapping strike.

The reason this is more effective is because unlike a punch where you could possibly tweak or lock your wrist into a skewed position and not straight it will cause a sprain or fracture on impact. It also can dislocated or fracture your knuckle or finger. You only get on form of motion with a punch aswell, with the palm strike you can:
>Strike the chin
>Strike the nose and mouth, going into a grab motion after
>Strike the temple effectively
>Strike the solar plexus much harder and flatter, knocking the wind out of the foe
With a punch, you can't really strike the temple or go for a liver shot because you'll have to enter a more accommodating stance and turn your arm.

Attached: possum.png (506x503, 398.84K)

i see

Good, because the move also gives your opponent a false hope by thinking you don't know how to fight when you hold your hands by your side and don't make a fist. It's more concealed to.
youtube.com/watch?v=wUyN2UoV4i8
youtube.com/watch?v=Gm0SyEqc7ns
Bas did this shit in Pancrase and just terminated Japs all the time.

The palm strike is the universal strike in hand to hand combat, almost every legitimate and military branch that teaches combative will tell and prove to you that the palm strike is vastly superb than the nigger haymaker or the point scoring boxer.

Be an alien monkeyman with super powers

in all things really

Literally subhuman lol

>im gooona... im goonnaa. IM GOOONAA POOOOOOOLM

lmao

do you even spacing faggot? u miss out on a few inches of hard knuckle fist

>With a punch, you can't really strike the temple or go for a liver shot
You can absolutely throw a liver shot with a punch, what the fuck are you talking about.
youtube.com/watch?v=pa7S-BRNlsw

you increase the surface area with a palm strike. with the punch you have to correctly align yourself and hopefully hit the lower part of the ribcage, with the palm you can strike from any angle. i wish i could explain this better but here's a picture i drew:

Attached: dumb picture.png (1677x765, 42.68K)

>you hit with the fat of your palm
if the opponent stays perfectly still, if they move then the top or the fingers might hit first
>performing a palm strike as an uppercut
you're already at clinching range, if you got that close it means your opponent can't even defend by throwing jabs and if you can stay there they can't grapple for shit
>the reason palm strikes are better is because you don't need the good technique you need to throw a punch
until your opponent moves a bit, see the first point
>you can't strike the temple with a punch
a (lead) hook can easily and effectively strike a temple and can be executed from guard
>you can't punch the liver
a straight can easily go to the liver

some people live in a fantasy

Do you mind me asking what martial arts you've trained? Because my background is in Muay Thai and kickboxing and I feel like a liver shot with a palm strike would be a lot more awkward than with a punch, assuming you've actually learned how to throw that punch.

Isn't the palm strike point that when you hit their face you don't break your fingers? Hitting their body with a palm strike sounds like a meme.

>some people live in a fantasy
>you're already at clinching range
go play around in your underwear somewhere else, you clearly don't know anything about actual fighting either because you've never been in one, you've only done a ruled one, or you're a pussy.

In a real fight, UNLESS the opponent has a weapon such as a knife or firearm than you immediately 'get into their bubble' and go for the throat with the left hand, sweep the leg or push them into a wall and either drain them with the left throat grab or knee them in the groin or smash in the orbitals and nose with PALM STRIKE From the right hand.

In a situation that doesn't need that much force, you can easily just walk up to them and launch a palm strike into their chin or into their face and bring them to the ground.

In a situation involving multiple people you need to just evade at all costs, if not than you start striking the throats and solar plexus.

I hope your boxing skillz arent ever used in a real fight where you don't need to just score points and when you go for a "grapple" the guys friend doesnt just run up to you and kicks you in the fucking head. If I get the asshole on the ground Im not gonna try to strangle him, I'm going to headbutt and wail into his face and throat unlike you.

Attached: he stands.png (1088x657, 937.55K)

Hand to hand combative classes for 18 months and self taught regiment, I've been in actual fights too

its more effective to strike for the face, a solid body shot is solar plexus

I think you'd feel differently about this if you took up boxing, kickboxing or Muay Thai.

>wears gloves and hand wraps

>muay thai
>youtu.be/tynKRMVGsAI
35:50

Yeah Ive seen the whole boxing shtick, kickboxing is great because you actually use your legs.