Training to Headbutt people

Im serious. I saw reacher on the TV show headbutting people. Sure looks like i can benefit from learning to properly headbutt people in surprise on the street.

I'm a graphic designer, working out at home. nobody expects me to suddenly headbutt him if someone is trying to intimidate me. They would look if i am preparing my arms to hit.

So how do you safely practice headbutting something soft, what technique, without damaging your brain and becoming retarded like a boxer?

I can use getting more used to being hit in the head and not crying when my nose is hit too.

Attached: reacher-tv-review-2022.jpg (1100x733, 658.48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/c/LeducLethwei/videos
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I decided to headbutt the headrest on my chair, since it looked soft enough. not full strength.

that hurt a lot more than i realized. Very uncomfortable, even hurt my nose somehow.

does it get better?

>So how do you safely practice headbutting something soft, what technique, without damaging your brain and becoming retarded like a boxer?
You don't have to, just copy th technique from youtube and remember to grimace when you hit someone, Hit with your hairline, that's it.

he ehad is really fucking heavy, you don't need any technique to KO someone with it. Just hit the nose or between the eyes or sth.

Stop, you are already retarded.

are you retarded

Headbutting while being two feet taller than everyone is not a good idea. Ideal is being a manlet head to nose connection is devastating.

Your torso is rigid you brace your entire torso like you're going to deadlift. power comes from legs and hips

thats good because I AM a manlet 5'8.
So if i grimace...how does it help?

I guess i will watch youtube videos and find something even softer to hit without worrying about brain damage.

ill put a pillow on top of the chair rest.

Lethwei is basically kick boxing/Mauy Thai (sorry cant spell) with headbutting and this guy is the world champion in it and here is his youtube channel youtube.com/c/LeducLethwei/videos

With the top of your head. It’s an effective way to deflect a punch if you need to as well, you can easily break someone’s hand doing that.

Kek bump for brain damage

This entire thread is retarded.

This is one of those things that people see on TV/movies/YouTube and think it's a great idea, practice a lot, then get absolutely crushed when trying it in real life. It's not practical. This is exactly the same thinking as a lot of traditional martial artists and armchair commandos, e.g. Oh you can just take out a dude with a perfect roundhouse kick to the temple. I'll just do that every time!

No, you won't. You're not going to hit and you'll put yourself in a great position to get your shit rekt.

When your brain sloshes and hits the back of your skull, you'll blackout. And then the dude you just pissed off will stomp you to death.

>It's not practical.
Why not? What's really the hard part about headbutting someone in a close distance?
>When your brain sloshes and hits the back of your skull, you'll blackout.
Isn't your opponent more likely to blackout when you hit his nose with your forehead?

grug headbutt

People get their nose broken and stay conscious all the time; the whiplash your brain will experience when you headbutt and try to remain standing will do damage and has a strong possibility of causing a blackout or at least disorientation.

You protect the head in a fight for a reason. If you're close enough to headbutt, just do an uppercut.

Actually, ignore all this. Train daily. Work your way up to headbutting a brick wall. You'll build tolerance and be fine.

No, I just don't get how the guy who got his nose crushed does not blackout and keeps standing and punching while the guy who hit his forehead blacks out.

Damn…

His head will move back at the same rate as his brain; back of the brain has a lesser chance of bouncing off the skull and causing a lights out. His nose, if it breaks, absorbs some of the energy.

Your head will come to an abrupt stop and possibly recoil back. Either way, your brain bounces off the front of your skull, recoils to the back. You skull does not deflect or absorb energy, but transmits it. You have a greater likelihood of concussion and unconsciousness.

Adding to this, you will both be disoriented and in pain if you delivered any kind of power at all with your headbutt. And if you've knicked your forehead, you've now got a notoriously bleeding wound washing over your eyes, making it harder to continue the fight.

The reasons just go on and on to *not* do this if you provide some reflection. And training to do it effectively, if it could be done effectively, requires ongoing damage to the brain.

You want to have a boxer's brain damage, just be a boxer. Damn.

If you want to strengthen your head what you need to do instead of head-butting objects is to hit heavy objects tapping them against your head.

Listen you don't need to train the forehead because it's the thickest part of the skull.

You can practice technique but it's not something to be strengthened. What you should try to strengthen is your neck and trap muscles so that you can put out more Force. And don't go forehead to forehead aim for their nose.

Attached: tenor.png (498x342, 195.22K)

What if we hold the guy's head and still headbutt him? And which guy has a higher change of keep fighting? Yeah I get that you're more likely to blackout but is it really possible to keep fighting when you have a broken nose? (considering the opponent is not a professional fighter)
>And training to do it effectively, if it could be done effectively, requires ongoing damage to the brain.
I'm not OP, training headbutts gotta be one of the most stupid shit I heard.

just practice all day :). doing them against a wall will build lots of stamina

Just seconding what pointed out. A real headbutt is done with the top of your head and not your face.
When you’re born the top of your skull is in 4 pieces, which is why it’s especially bad to drop a baby on their head, after it fuses, it becomes one of the hardest parts of the body