Does anyone have experiences with sword clubs? Are there gains to be made there I can't get at the gym?

Does anyone have experiences with sword clubs? Are there gains to be made there I can't get at the gym?

Attached: 1643339634226.webm (892x500, 2.5M)

Very minor forearm gains, and no useful skills achieved. Just do a second lifting sesh, or better yet cardio if you want to be a more functional human

Never did it but looks to be good cardio and fun. Your not gonna build any muscle from it.

>no useful skills achieved
Any activity that better enables you to kill a man is useful.

>Any activity that better enables you to kill a man is useful
Then you should be at the range or doing cardio

Depends on wether or not your fighting in armour and what kind of weapons your using. Overall it’s good for cardio and helps to develop your reaction time and general body perception as footing and striking distances are key

Those things are also useful, perhaps more useful, but sword is also useful.

When all the vaxxies die of AIDS and there is a shortage of bullets and gas, you will wish you picked up a sword and maybe a horse.

Everything eventually returns to the mean.

Mental health gains from having a hobby.

Yes

Attached: Screenshot_20210911-191357_Instagram.jpg (720x1600, 692.88K)

The funny this is in history there is no flashy swinging of the swords, there is no flips and cringe ass technique.

the guys in the vid "hurr durr let me swing my sword and literally PAUSE while my opponent does some fancy shit"

In history you swing and you connect and do damage, or you miss and most likely close the gap to get into a grapple hoping they mistime their own swing.

Plus your average sword was like 2 fucking pounds these dyels in the vid swinging it as if they weight 20 lbs or smth.

You don’t want a sword that big. What you need is a saber.

Depends on wether or not your fighting in armour and what kind of weapons your using. Overall it’s good for cardio and helps to develop your reaction time and general body perception as footing and striking distances are key

>In history you swing and you connect and do damage, or you miss and most likely close the gap to get into a grapple hoping they mistime their own swing.

On the battlefield most people died by daggers not swords. Hammers also worked because they can shock through helms.

They are just doing it for demonstration purposes.

What era are you talking about? Because overall it would surely be a spear most people died to.

I've never joined a sword club but I do use a sword for morning prayers and warm up discipline. A lot of what you get from using a sword is the same as what you'd get from boxing though, which is more common and easier to find than HEMA groups. Swords are good for self defence, learning fighting rhythms, spacial awareness, and hand dexterity (I actually use my sword swinging technique while hammering nails at work), reflexes, anticipation of motion, etc. There are a lot of small skills you learn from swordplay, but, as I said, boxing will give you the same things because a lot of rules apply the same to both disciplines. Footwork is almost exactly the same. If you want to learn swords, go join a boxing gym and spar with people. Then, what you learn there, bring home and try to apply using your sword.
One more thing, I know the natural assumption is that fencing is good for sword practice. It's not. Fencing with an epee and sword fighting with a full on blade are a lot more different than you'd think. Best to just go for boxing. Plus that way, you learn a contact sport that doesn't rely on having a blade which is useful everywhere.

Attached: som.jpg (900x1280, 337.25K)

I'm thinking the medieval era... Sort of after spears went out of style for bills and hooks. Once you were well armored and you got into close quarters, a sword didn't really do shit. If you were squaring off against another knight, you died by getting pierced through your armpit by a dagger.

You're not wrong but the weapon highly depends on the type of engagement and era in which they are fighting, I was simply illustrating the fact that they are going over the top with cringe theatrics in that vid...

>t. proud Dunning-Kruger mountaineer

Medieval era was, in the common vernacular, long as fuck so I'm going to assume you're talking about the late medieval and Renaissance periods.

Attached: A matter of perspective.png (1920x1080, 2.1M)

It depends on the club. Some have fit mostly normal people but most are filled with fat spergs. Wont really know until you go to one. Social, forearm, and dexterity gains are in your future if you attend a good one regularly.