Boxing

is there a point fighting if you’re short?

I just paid 260 for a membership to this boxing club near me. Its 100$ a month, which isnt bad. The gym doesnt look the best but it had everything a boxing gym should have. The people are pretty cool there too. I pretty much just want to learn the basics and know how to defend myself in case the time comes.

Heres the thing though: im 5’5. My friend bought up the fact that any person i get into an altercation with will most likely be significantly bigger than me, which is true because anyone that ive ever had a issue with in life was 5’10-6ft. Should i just cut my losses and invest in a pocket knife?

And no this isnt a height bait post. Talk about boxing and other martial arts or whatever.

Attached: F6466DE9-88D7-4E78-949A-E2855F415EF3.jpg (895x886, 65.1K)

It won’t 100% insure safety in a street fight but it will surely help. If nothing else it will give u cardio to maybe slip some shots and run the fuck away

>I just paid 260 for a membership
>its 100$ a month, which isnt bad.
seems like you already have brain damage so you'll fit right in at a boxing gym

Floyd Mayweather 5'8"
Manny Pacquiao 5'5"
Conor McGregor 5'9"

you'll be fine

There's weight divisions for a reason retard. A lot of boxers are fucking manlets.

How dumb fuck? The initial start up was 170 and the rest was paying for equipment. Other than that its 100$ a month. If you’re poor just say that

Im not talking nor care about scheduled and regulated boxing fights. Im talking about street fights retard.

For me it's Hagler

Attached: download.jpg (735x1024, 337.56K)

if your going to be in a street fight its better to know how to fight than not IMO.

But tbf if you train you wont get into street fights because you know how fighting ends.

>everyone that replies to me is a retard, there's no way I'm the problem

the whole point of training is to be able to scrap with dudes who are bigger and stronger than you. If it was impossible to beat or atleast defend yourself and bail off the scene against someone bigger then there would be 0 point in anyone ever training, but tons of people train. boxing is dope and youll get shredded, have fun

never been in a fight. But, genuinely, from everything ive seen irl and those online. You never want to be in those. because there is no rules and the environments typically make that shit worse. No mats, no grass, etc. As a small nigga as well. I aint fucking with those people if I can avoid that shit. Knowing me right now, I know myself would get fucked up.

Holy basado
FUCK HEARNS
FUCK LEONARD
FUCK DURAN

Iron Mike Zambidis
he's 5'6
One the best kickboxers I've ever seen

Attached: mikeZ.gif (350x263, 3.99M)

>Should i just cut my losses and invest in a pocket knife?
Nobody wins a knife fight user
Buy a gun or stop hustling pool

Boxing is super fun. Do it long enough and you will significantly be be better at defending yourself than before. Also learn some grappling (you dont need to be some grappling beast) and you will be good to go.

I've got manlet friends and douche bags looking for problems will typically go after the manlet cause it's some primitive jungle shit and their probably not as tough as they think they are. Learn to slip punches, work on speed , and avoid fights. But imagine the goons face who decides to take things too far with a combat sports manlet without realizing his skill. It's an asset. Domt forget the most important thing for self defense is conflict management (before it gets physical). The VAST majority of people who get in street fights involve an ego battle between two people. But imagine a guy tries to assault u or something and you throw one right under his chin and he falls to the ground cause he thought you were easy prey. But also you could still get rekt cause anything goes in those type of situations

The best boxers I know are manlets. Idk what your getting at there are weight classes. Dont forget to practice takedowns and take down defense. Boxing is for beast

i know how to fight and i'm 6'3 and i still carry a knife on me when i go into the woods or parks and i carry a gun if i go into shit holes. you'll do a lot better with a knife if you know how to box too

FUCK LEONARD in particular

Attached: Marvelous Marvin Hagler WAR.jpg (576x489, 23.36K)

Boxing is such a great fighting style to train in especially if you're a beginner user. Consume it everyday and hone as much of your skill as you can as a fighter and then learn something new like Judo, Jiu Jitsu, Wrestling. If you have a good base in striking and in grappling you will be able to defend yourself proficiently and have great skill to build on when you eventually want to learn another martial art. Become addicted to it user and watch yourself become an absolute fucking machine. -t. 5'8" manlet whose trained for 10 years

How much do you weigh?

I don't think you realize just how many people have absolutely no idea how to fight or even throw a punch. The art of punching has been honed for fucking millennia to give practitioners a martial edge. Boxing will absolutely let you stand up for yourself in a fight even against a bigger opponent.
Now if you find yourself against a bigger boxer? Well,

145 lbs

ok fit what’s actually the best martial art/combat sport to start off with if you want to be able to defend yourself