WTF WHY DO I LOOK GOOD IN A MIRROR BUT UGLY IN A CAMERA!!! REEEEEE

WTF WHY DO I LOOK GOOD IN A MIRROR BUT UGLY IN A CAMERA!!! REEEEEE

Attached: mirror.jpg (800x600, 62.62K)

When you look into the mirror your brain feels bad for you so it warps your perception of what you are seeing to make you not look ugly.

The camera don't give af and says sorry bro you're ugly and here is the fucking proof. Your brain can't do enough mental gymnastics to dispute the photo.

Attached: 1643590637290.png (746x512, 99.43K)

Mirror is 3D and realtime.

Camera is heavily dependent on lense and pose.

Learn some poses on YouTube and see that you get a camera with a lense that fits the way you want to take photos.

Usually, with a bit practice you should look 10x better on photos than in the mirror.

could it also be the lighting? with the mirror, the lighting is from the front, whereas with cameras or irl the lighting is from all around.

i think ur just ugly m8

Because it's a reflection in the mirror. The camera shows you how people see you

if you mean a phone camera, it's cause the lens width distorts your face, if you mean with an actually good camera, you're just ugly

Do I have multiple personality disorder? The exact same thing happened to me today and I thought about making this exact same post. Bros?

its the lens

Attached: file.png (1200x400, 448.11K)

I look terrible in both and I'm 27. Only happened since the pandemic
Guess I just hit the wall

focal lenght
the best trick is to use your back camera, point it to you, an arm distance from your face, zoom in your face
taking pics up close (selfie) is the most warped version of you possible

Attached: Focal-length-template_v2_885a4b84.jpg (432x432, 18.11K)

honestly one of the biggest redpills when it comes to looking good online/social media/self image

Attached: file.png (560x422, 392.81K)

more examples

Attached: photographer-comparing-different-lens.jpg (2400x1600, 459.99K)

Why are 50mm lenses allowed to exist wtf

Attached: Learn-this-power.png (2876x1390, 1.49M)

light, pose, angle, everything plays a role when taking a picture
people can shapeshift using cameras, jut browse instagram and you'll see

also, an static image is completely different from real world, in the real world we're always moving even when we're still, we don't have to put effort to look lively, we simply are alive and we look alive

you can ask for someone to take pictures of you too

Attached: 6.jpg (650x974, 231.54K)

because theres more uses for cameras than taking selfies. What is inexcusable though is more front facing phone cameras are 30mm, and they are only for selfies

I am photographically retarded.
If you have time, can you give some examples of when you would each different lens?

These are the real reasons
Other than lens, your face is not perfectly symmetrical, you are used to seeing your reflection (inverted image), whereas the camera shows the normal image, so you look weird to yourself in photos

>basically the same post 70mm
>supposed to prove something apart from don't take photographs with double digit sized lenses

all of that doesn't mean that the mirror image is the real one and the picture is the fake one, it's just multiple ways of perception, interpretations of the real world, you'll never know what's like to look at you, because everyone sees you a little bit differently, shaped by external and internal perceptions added to your presentation

Attached: Bc9KG.jpg (570x186, 51.31K)

Cant you just have someone take a picture of you with a camera isn’t that what you look like?

I look like the 12mm@30cm but when I look in a mirror

wide angle is good for shooting a landscape where you want a lot of image crammed in the piucture, its good for shooting a 'big' picture up close. So think landscapes, street photograph, large group photos etc.

Longer lenses are more magnified and used for taking more close up pictures or taking piuctures of things further away, they will give the camera sensor a smaller field of view but the light coming in will be more focused and straight on, so you get a more eye accurate representation

Attached: file.png (600x300, 267.51K)

there are obviously many other factors that go into making an image, for example camera light sensitivity, aperture width, lighting, shutter speed etc but as far as looking incely goes the lense used and the angle of the photo are whats important

here we have the queen of looking incredible in real life and nasty in photos

Attached: austin-tx-2016-supermoon-comparison.jpg (1024x768, 57.86K)

you just need a better lense equipmentlet

what about a true mirror?

Attached: true_mirror.jpg (400x300, 18.16K)

>always look huge in a mirror but shrink by like 20% when I take a picture
>mfw finding this thread and realizing I’m not cursed and instead probably just have a gains goblin lens

How do I looksmaxx in the mirror bros? Do I get a new phone?

Attached: Avitus.jpg (174x191, 16.66K)

My head looks fucking huge when talking selfies. I know the camera distorts it, but I look like a fucking toy.

I have another problem. I can manipulate my camera angles and mirror to look absolutely great, but in real life you can notice all my real angles and flaws (smile and head shape and nose).