Lets get a /sleep/ thread going

Your gains are going to shit if you're not getting good sleep.

Videos: I normally leave something similar on in the background when I'm trying to sleep. Alternative between rain and white noise but haven't used ASMR
Rain - youtu.be/RaAMHzOO8JY
White Noise - youtu.be/27CkyXTiyWM

Vitamins:
Melatonin - Some evidence it works and it's fairly cheap on Amazon. 5mg ish 30mins before bed

Glycine - 2-3mg generally okay to help with sleep I had some benefit but take melatonin every now and then

MJ - I don't fuck with the herbs, gives me more problems that solutions. Sure I sleep well but the anxiety I get is not worth it

Please discuss and share advice

Attached: download (4).jpg (315x160, 8.64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

exo-science.com/grounding.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>glycine
Not for me desu. Melatonin goat though with light music

As I said, minimal benefit for myself rn. Open to other suggestions?

Drink water desu

Sleeping is so good, bros. Sometimes I wish I never woke up. I would be absorbed in my dream fantasies for eternity

Attached: 1642866771660.jpg (650x650, 182.38K)

I sleep 4 hours twice a day.
Most of the year I slept at 5 am

The best thing you can do for sleep is waking up early and getting 10k+ lux of light in your eyes. This will strengthen your circadian rhythm and your melatonin pulse later in the day causing you to have deeper sleep.

i got memed into buying blue light blocking glasses and I think it has fucked up my sleep schedule

I can't sleep for shit. Falling asleep is easy enough but I wake up naturally way too early, and I still feel tired when I wake up. I think it's partly because my work schedule sucks, I can't go to bed at the same time every night, and I have hereditary neuropathy.

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 74.18K)

Attached: 1643772925594.jpg (850x400, 47.6K)

i need sleep help bros.
recently started tracking my sleep by wearing my fitness tracker to bed.
i get around 8-10 hours of sleep per day but i still wake up wanting to kill myself. super tired and groggy

i get an average of 3 hours of rem sleep, 40 mins of deep sleep and 5hr 30 mins of light sleep

currently on melatonin and white noise, ZMA maxing as well

exo-science.com/grounding.html
Aside from fixing your diet, it could be worth trying a grounding sheet. Sounds like some woo woo hippy bullshit, but there is real data backing it up.

Attached: thermal1.jpg (926x446, 100.58K)

My sleep schedule is totally fucked, i usually go to sleep at 6am. Is that killing my weight loss gains?

Based.
And if you don't want to spend money a sheet or mat, you can just go barefoot on natural ground (grass, dirt, not cement) for at least 30 mins a day.
I got a sheet and it improved my sleep massively on the first night.

Melatonin is fine occasionally, but in long term use has been linked to dementia. Jus rude it sparingly imo.

Don't use melatonin regularly, but if you fuck up your sleep cycle, you can use it for a few days to get it back to normal. Also MJ messes with/ decreases rem sleep. Use it (and any drug really, including caffeine) early in the day.

Have you gotten checked out forr sleep apnea

How the FUCK do I change my sleeping position?!?!? I sleep like picrel and my neck is fucking killing me, not to mention I have to switch sides every few hours because my shoulder/arm gets sore. Sometimes I'll wake up and my entire arm is fully asleep and I have to violently shake it back to life. It's horrifying.

No matter how long I lay on my back I just can't fall asleep. I can fall asleep on my side but I'll just end up resorting to picrel as soon as I fall asleep. I've tried putting a pillow under my knees, arms, lumbar, etc. I just can't.

I have a decent bed and a latex pillow. This shit doesn't help. I always wake up with an extremely stiff neck and headaches among other things.

This. Also studies are showing that less is more. You really only need 0.5mg max. I have 1mg tabs that I cut in half and it gets the job done when I'm in a pinch. But yeah avoid taking this stuff as a supplement.

>Also MJ messes with/ decreases rem sleep
This too. Much less REM sleep, straight into deep sleep. More deep sleep is good for recovery but less REM is not good for mental health (memories, emotions, etc.)

Attached: file.png (400x400, 30.24K)

CBD really helped me with staying asleep.

No phone in the bedroom, bought a classic alarm clock. Trying to treat the bed as only for sleeping or fucking. Harder in the winter because everything sucks and is boring, but it's the best way to get rest and it increases in efficiency over time as my brain learns that laying down to sleep actually means going to sleep.

Would like to start changing the sheets at least twice a week since it doesn't take that long, I'll just have multiple sets on hand. And misting the linen with like, lavender or something. Just to improve the overall atmosphere. I have ADHD and sometimes avoid going to bed because it's not interesting at all to lay there pretending to be passed out until it actually happens.

Maybe u can knock yourself out with large amounts of melatonin or NyQuil while lying on your back enough times in a row that it force resets how you sleep

10 mg melatonin and 750mg GABA has me sleeping like a baby