Why do all of the aesthetic/jacked people at my gym do bro-splits?

I'm here doing my 5x5 routines and sticking to the program religiously, and I don't even look like I lift. Whereas all of these idiot gym bros who make up their workout on the spot look amazing and yet they follow bro-splits. They have "chest days" and "arm days" and "shoulder days".

It's not fair. It's not fucking fair!

Attached: ac9c21qnq9551.jpg (597x594, 50.03K)

Because they've been doing it for longer than u

Bro-split are only efficient for roiders.
move on and let them get fucked long term

Why don't you just try a brosplit and see if you make progress? If you're in it for the long run, spending 8-10 weeks on it surely can't hurt much?

>here doing my 5x5 routines
>don't even look like I lift
Because you don't, you're a novice.

Stop pushing this retarded meme. Bro-splits have been getting people - natural and enhanced - big and strong for decades. A bro-split just means hitting a muscle once a week with a lot of volume (like 12-20 sets), 4-5 exercises. If you progressively overload and eat right, it's almost impossible not to grow training like that.

Mate, it takes time. 5x5 will give you an amazing strength base from where you can then do a bro split and look better than those fags and actually be able to lift.

Just because people do chest/bicepts 4 times a week doesnt mean they're jacked

People who train like bodybuilders look like bodybuilders and people who follow novice powerlifting routines don't look like bodybuilders?

Incredible

Which is only doable with roids. Especially if you take it seriously. You may be able to keep it up for 2-3 weeks but if you hit every muscle a week that's heavy overload. Working out 5 days a week is not feasible without roids.

>beginner using a beginner program
>seethes that he doesn't look as good and seemingly has to work harder than people who have been lifting for years
Sad, many such cases.

>Working out 5 days a week is not feasible without roids.
You're a fucking dyel faggot pretending to be smart. If you're genuinely worried about overtraining when you're hitting each muscle group once a week you're probably retarded. At least pick a decent argument next time you want to shit on brosplits since you've picked probably the least applicable one

A bro split is not more volume than say a 6 day PPL and you get more recovery for each muscle. The criticism usually is that a bro split isn't enough frequency.

lol r u fkn srs m80

Genetic trash detected.
If anything you should be able to recover much moreso from that than from push/pull routines, or from squatting 3x a week like every beginner thinks they're supposed to do for some reason.

You never fully isolate a muscle group retard. Arms are involved in back and chest. Legs are involved in back training. That's how I know you never actually lift.

>doing internet meme workouts
ngmi

Sticking to specific reps/sets is exactly why you are DYEL. Or maybe you need to eat/sleep better.

Listen to your body. You need to completely fatigue your muscles. Your body doesn't give a fuck about numbers, they are simply a way to track progress.

I just try to keep my reps between 5-10 per set and that gives me a good baseline for how much weight I can handle and if I need to increase weight/add another set/drop rest time by 30s-1min.

Your last sets are for doing dropsets/negatives/super slow controlled movements with the goal of complete exhaustion.

I'm getting amazing gains.

there's no way you're hitting a muscle group for 12-20 sets in one day and doing that 5 days a week without some sort of enhanced recovery, or you are absolutely in your prime.

Even though you are resting those muscles for a week, 60-100 sets a week with hard training will absolutely destroy your cns.

Forgot to add, I'm doing a PPL split. Studies show hitting a muscle group two separate times in a week does wonders for hypertrophy.

After being in the community for years I now know that its because steroids

Common NGMI excuses

>It's my genetics!

>Everyone but me is doing steroids!

>It's these lockdowns/mandates!

General training frequency is irrelevant because you can train legs and chest back once a week only and then train biceps and triceps and shoulders on isolated days making your training frequency 5 days a week but it's not much at all because you are just dividing the work throughout the week so it doesn't mean anything.
What matters is muscle training frequency.

Hey retard, nobody is telling you to do 20 sets of close grip bench for chest day and follow it up with 20 sets of dips for arm day. Have fun counting your bent over rows towards your leg work and get a fucking clue retard.

So why don't bb pros do PPL?
Studies are worthless, science is subjective.

>why were machines invented

They do...LMAO

Where have you been the last 4 years?

I've never met a person who got big by other means than bro split. Everyone in my gym who does PPL or whatever looks eternally like a dyel or quits after a while.
Maybe it's because people who do bro splits just do whatever is fun and makes them feel good which is why they train harder and never give up.
Personally, I do bro splits, that's what I've learned from my dad and it's treating us well.

you can think of muscle building as you sending the signal to your body to build the muscle. You do not need muscle damage to build muscle, although muscle damage does build muscle.

If you are natty, you should focus on sending the right muscle building signal, with some muscle damage sprinkled in so that you can optimize your recovery.

If you are not natty, you have hormones you are injecting that are already sending that signal to build muscle, and you are on compounds that will speed up your recovery, so you can focus almost entirely on muscle damage.

PPL is simply a bro split with more volume.

College kids who stick with bro splits are always the weakest DYELs in my gym.

There is a reason no pro bodybuilder is ever hitting a single muscle group only once a week.

PPL is also an inferior training regimen

Pushing and pulling is amazing when you do them on the same day. A better split would be upper lower. The best split for natties is full body at least 3x a week. Sometimes, to build optimal muscle, you have to not hit the gym as much and focus more on recovery

Most pros have routines focused on bringing up their own specific weak points, and those routines more closely resemble bro splits than PPL. But either way, people that argue over PPL vs bro split are fucking morons. Different splits and different training styles work best for different people, Dorian and Jay had opposite styles and both are among the greatest bodybuilders of all time, and if Dorian had arbitrarily forced himself to train like Jay or vice versa neither would've reached their full potential. Anyone that insists the best way to train is one size fits all is a retard with a worthless opinion.

Why do all these bodybuilding pros deflate to nothing when they get off drugs despite using the same training style as they did before? Even when they get on TRT they shrink like a mfer, do you not see what's happening? When you're taking the amount of shit they're doing you can train however you feel like and get huge, look at how bodybuilders trained in the 60s if you want to know what works lol your training literally does not fucking matter when you're on thousands of dollars worth of skin and HGH alone those peptides make you grow tissue even in organs that can't be trained lmao.

Muscle damage absolutely does not build any muscle and it only induces CNS fatigue and obviously blunts growth.
What builds muscle and has been shown to be not only the most important factor but actually the only one that truly matters is mechanical tension.

>shit flinging: The Thread

Guess what the best workout is for you? The one you never do. Experiment. Reps, intensity, ROM, etc. Everyone chill the fuck out

Attached: 1643221937638.jpg (259x252, 10.27K)

They want to shrink

>Why do all these bodybuilding pros deflate to nothing when they get off drugs despite using the same training style as they did before?
They purposefully downsize you fucking moron because staying the size of an IFBB pro in your 50s is a fast track to death, but even in spite of that plenty of them are still big on trt like Milos Sarcev, Dexter Jackson and Jay Cutler. There's nothing special about the way people in the 60s trained, and they abused gear as much as they could get away with too, they popped dbol like candy and you'd know that if you weren't a teen dyel 1 year into lifting having looked at some Frank Zane memes.

>60-100 sets a week with hard training will absolutely destroy your cns
>falling for the MUH CNS meme
if your cns would actually be fatigued, you wouldn't be able to do simple shit like walk
it's just a general fatigue from overtraining not cns fatigue

I don't know, man. The weakest dyels in my gym are those who just started working out. Weird ass gym you have there. Probably some pro gym if the weakest people are those who already trained.

I am not saying you are wrong but what about the studies that say if accounted for volume result are the same whether you're focusing on mechanical tension or metabolic stress? I have seen someone argue the same as you did but I forgot the reasoning.

add extra rest then
though then you end up with non-week schedules

Hence they keep training the same way but get off the gear(not even completely).
Dorian Yates is on trt and looks worse than legit natties with his fucking stick arms, ronnie when he got off the gear and had to do surgeries on his spine and legs was still training his upper body hard and yet it still shrunk rapidly, just fucking LOL at people thinking training matters when you're on fucking 2000+ dollars worth of slin and hgh a month hormones that make your fucking guts and heart and lungs hypertrophy.