Why was stoicism so widely adopted by the self improvent community?

Why was stoicism so widely adopted by the self improvent community?
Why not take one of the better philosophies like Epicurianism or Evola's ideology ?

Attached: OC_donut_steel.png (822x498, 148.71K)

I abandoned stoicism when I got to the part in epictetus where he says not to be too mad if someone fucks your wife. cuck reddit philosophy

cause nietzsche is too edgy

I breckon the main take away is don’t be controlled by your emotions. You shouldn’t be doing that unless you’re a woman anyway but obviously many philosophers think like women. Sitting around pondering pointless unanswerable shite all day rather than actually doing something useful

Most people idealize things like stoicism as a masculine trait, but irl people who are genuinely 100% pure stoics either have issues or can't express themselves properly.
Life is full of variables, as a man you need to be stoic, but you should also confront things when need be or you'll appear like a bitch. Sometimes you'll have to let things go otherwise you'll appear like a nigger with low inhibition. Being a man is about being mentally sound and knowing how to tackle every situation that comes at you. There's also nothing wrong with getting assistance if you can't do it alone. No one man can move a mountain.

>do something "useful" like working on the fields like the rest of the npcs
>nobody cares and remembers
>do le silly thinking xd
>2000 years later people still discuss your ideas
i love brainlets like you so much hahahahaha

Attached: file.png (460x454, 79.7K)

do share your great knowledge that will be pondered by people for millennia, I am certain your philosophy major will be of great aid to humanity. It’s just a shame you won’t live to see how widespread your ideas will become on Reddit 3.0 in the year 3500

lmao he got mad

The bastardised stoicism today is a way for atheists to cope with their meaningless existence. Nihilism which is the most coherent result of atheism is incompatible with self improvement and lifting. Stoicism is a verbal trick that deludes people into thinking they can cope with an atheistic world and so has become the ideology of choice of the man who wants to improve himself despite being godless and therefore worthless.

>posts brainlet pics from the brainlet folder
>speaks in memes
>lmao u mad bro
the average philosophy enjoyer

Which book is this? My man Epictetus really goes too far.

He’s saying let a hoe be a hoe. Why you stopping her?

> No one man can move a mountain.
WRONG

Attached: 26A7E850-ADC2-42B1-AFD5-6780D802BC08.jpg (1280x720, 127.2K)

I prefer Taoist philosophy.
It's a lot more fun version of stoicism.

Attached: aXgLZyP_460s.jpg (460x690, 75.77K)

Nietzsche is a much better fit honestly considering his thoughts on self improvement

Based

what did he think about it

>what is objectivism
>what is absurdism
kys faggot

you misinturpert stoicisms like i dont count so well

Attached: 1599393600097.jpg (1275x717, 107.42K)

He liked it

If you're mad about your wife being a slut in Italy you'll never get anything else done.

>Epicureanism
Seneca quotes the epicureans at length in his letters, the two schools really aren't that opposed to each other
>Evola's ideology
Idk bro he seemed pretty alright with Stoicism, he compares it favorably to Buddhism even

Attached: 1637512783114.jpg (782x682, 48.33K)

Because it's just christianity lite and most people already had Christianity instilled in them at a young age.

he became sickly and feeble and fixed it by hiking and eating healthy, outliving his father who also had lethal brain problems.

Might be because PDP mentioned them as part of his desperation gimmicks to retain his youtube audience. Although it could be PDP mentioned it because he saw it was gaining traction. Whatever the case, zoomers are stupid shits and suck dick.

The vast majority of people don't even fucking know what Epicurianism is.