Is bjj really effective in a real fight?

Is bjj really effective in a real fight?
>mfw local bjj gym cost 120 a month...

Attached: bjjj.webm (576x850, 2.5M)

Lucky you. I'm looking for a gym rn and the lowest near me is 150 with the more notable ones apparently costing like 270

Also kidnapping your thread to ask how the hell do you tell which martial art is for you and do they teach you mobility?

why is it so expensive? is it because you get to roll with cute girls?

Depends on what kind of fights you get into. Drunk coworker at the christmas party? Very effective. Three niggers trying to rob you at gunpoint? Not really

No. Avoid places where you would get mugged/robbed/accosted.Anyone willing to pull a knife or a gun on you is way more committed to killing you than you are of killing them.

honestly if you want to learn BJJ on the cheap, just go to an mma gym. I've noticed a lot of mma gyms tend to be cheaper monthly than BJJ mcdojos for whatever reason. Still 120$ a month is cheap at least in the US.

>Is bjj really effective in a real fight?
In a real fight the attackers outnumber you and use weapons. Take a guess how useful martial arts are in the real world.

How often go girls and guys roll together? Or is it gender segregated? Asking for a friend haha

Attached: 1643937997126.webm (950x535, 2.61M)

in a true 1v1 situation, yes. obviously having any first hand knowledge of any martial art is to your benefit if the opponent is untrained. that knowledge is relatively more valuable if it's a grappling art considering how little the average person is going to accidently engage in such an activity throughout their lifetime.

if you cannot ensure that the situation is truly a 1v1 then employing your bjj is a potential death sentence. in most situations, a striking art is more to your benefit as you can actually potentially deal with multiple attackers and you don't have to be vulnerable to the world when you're being offensive.

Muy Thai or boxing boys? I want to train one this summer

Judo is way cheaper, more athletic, and more useful/teaches better habits.

Bjj is more expensive because of marketing + MMA. Judo is less common in MMA bc you can compete purely in Judo as opposed to fighting room temp iq gutter trash that makes up most of amateur mma.

Try getting in a fight with a bjj black belt (assuming no weaponry) and report back how well that went and how ineffective it was

He gave up his back. He thought he was stronger than he was and over committed to a throw with shitty technique and set up. Deserves to get choked out.

This is grade A cope

t. trained both judo and bjj

BJJ gyms are such fucking rip off artists, the amount they charge at dedicated bjj places is extortionate, i went to an MMA gym for £35 a month that had gi and nogi classes, enjoyed bjj the most so started looking for pure bjj gyms, everything nearby was over £100 a month for the same amount of sessions, fucking insane

? I also train both bjj and judo...judo gyms are like $50 compared to $200 bjj gyms. You can't seriously say that, for a person with no grappling experience, bjj is better. Unless you're talking nogi...

that's the price you pay to sniff cute girl feet

Attached: 1642965569056.webm (1920x1080, 2.96M)

Fucking hell this reminds me of this girl at my college fit club she brags to me how she could kick my ass easily because she knows bjj. I remember talking shit to a friend there and she threatened to choke me out with her thighs, scary as fuck and she said that with a very angry smile.

against 1 person, retard.
its effective, but its too hard to learn all the super complex moves.
on top of that...on the street you wont be grabbing people by the lapel.
You will kick them in the groin first, or they will kick you in the ground.

You might as well do some wrestling and try some shit from youtube videos.
you only need like 6-7 moves and wrestling to be dangerous.

i was paying 37$ and its too much for my slavic country.
on top of that the "sifu" fucking screamed at me dude and was insulting the other newbies. you should have seen his face when i stopped giving him money.

Overconfidence is a slow an insidious killer

nice user. you confidently took her up on that offer, playfully wrestled with her, built up all that sexual tension, and fucked, right?

right?

like i said...you only need to learn 5-10 basic moves and chokes + regularly wrestling some buddy to become a killer machine.
You will be able to choke and kill 90% of people who dont train anything and think they are tough.

try judo, try wrestling, sambo? BJJ is wayyyy too complex and expensive to be worth the effort.
You just need a buddy to wrestle with on the weekend, at your backyard and just try moves.

the workout from wrestling with someone is fucking insane.
its nothing like you have experienced before.
Just from doing that you will become a killing machine.

People try to find sparring partners within the same weight class. So basically never unless you're a 120 pound twink

No idea how you can't get hard while wrestling a girl.

a woman that has been training jiu jitsu for more than a year...can actually devastate you if she manages to choke your neck or get your arm/leg to break them.

So if she manages to get you on the ground and grabs a hold of your neck/arm/leg you are fucked...because you dont know how to prevent or get away before she breaks them.

With that said she is...still a woman. A man punching her in the face will knock her out and break her skull.

And the funniest part is...i always go out with a dagger in my pocket.
Imagine a jiu jitsu woman threatening me because she is a good wrestler.
I get it sweety, but if i hit you once in the face or stab you, youre dead.

Yes but, I myself am willing and able to pull a gun on them, and am extremely committed to killing anyone who tries to kill me...
(I still avoid stupid/shitty places though)

Autism

you just cant...its too fucked up.
it was autistic enough for me to wrestle men for 3 months while i trained BJJ.
Imagine rolling with some dude and trying to submit yourselves and get on top and shit. Someone is always sitting on someone and trying to basically rape him.

wrestling a woman....it cant end non sexual.

That's just one extra appendage the girl can submit you with

Fuck no, she was way too boyish as hell, no ass, b cup titties, light brown skin, freckles, and was a hoe.

Marcial arts ar jokes, the only real efective shit is box, olympic fight, kickboxing and muay thai

That chick is clearly way more knowledgeable/skilled than that guy. Trying to slam her after getting his back took was a shithead white belt desperation move. Well deserved loss.

i would cum instantly if that were me

I wouldn't count on any martial art/combat sport to teach you self defence in a short amount of time.
You can get stronger and tougher doing bjj or other martial arts, but to use that to your advantage during a street fight.
If you are a lanklet, and get attacked by a bigger and stronger guy, I don't care what you do, chances are you are fucked. There is plenty of videos on that topic.

If you approach martial arts/combat sports as a lifestyle, take care of yourself, eat well, have a healthy lifestyle, and above all, intentionally avoid situations that could lead into a street fight, then yeah, you may have some chances down the line.

>120 a month
Seems like a lot. Then again, I live in Europe where 3x bjj training a week costs about 60 dollars.

One other thing to note in absolutely all martial arts is that the coach needs to have a black belt. Anything else is a McDojo.
Additionally, coaches should actively compete in the art/sport or at least have a long track record of producing successful sportsmen that got medals along the way.
The quality of a gym is based precisely on how many people could succeed in competitions based on their training in that gym.

Stay strong brother.

Attached: box1992.jpg (1300x1073, 283.66K)

you also need a grappling sport for when the fight goes to the ground.
I mean...MMA i guess is enough to teach you some ground fighting.

but if you street fight against a trained grappler...and the fight gets close on the ground...you are done.

what are you gonna do when he is choking you, putting al his weight on your body? try to wiggle?

I want to know what's it like for a woman to touch me so bad bros

Attached: k9.jpg (921x522, 104.56K)

This is an 18+ board.

why bring this up all of a sudden in a bjj thread.

my "coach" was a brown belt, not a black belt.
frankly i can learn enough even from a blue/purple belt and become a killing machine.
but the coach was an asshole.

My strategy would be to try judo and boxing maybe for 4-5 months to get the jist of it..and then just keep practicing at home with a buddy.

Projection.

I HAVE NEVER SEEN A VAGINA

Attached: sadpep.gif (498x280, 3.2M)

because it looks like in bjj you can have cute girls gives you tight hugs on the mat

Rolled with plenty of girls, didn't get a boner, it's easy if you're not a creep.