/fat/ - Fat Loss General

not staying fat edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
For corpulent cats who are working towards a better physique through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication.This is not QTDDTOT, stick to questions on fat loss. Post height and weight when asking for advice.
Join our Fatty Contest: fattycontest.com/

>What do I do first?
1. Read physiqonomics.com/fat-loss/
2. Calculate your Body Fat Percentage: fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy
3. Calculate your TDEE: sailrabbit.com/bmr/
Remember to use bodyfat% and use Katch-McArdle Formula with sedentary settings or your TDEE will be too high.
4. Plan your weight loss: losertown.org/eats/cal.php
5. Track your nutrition with MyFitnessPal (better for packaged food), Cronometer (better for generic food/macros) or LoseIt (great for both).

>Now what?
Count calories, all of them.
Eat about 500-1000 less calories than your TDEE.
Buy scales, be accurate.
Learn to cook. Try to stick to lean protein and green vegetables.
Eat a lot of protein. 1g per lb of goal lean body mass.
Doing cardio, even just walking, will improve your health. There is no such thing as a healthy fat heart, but you can offset the risks.
Lifting weights will keep and gain muscle mass and burn fat much quicker. No lifting results in the body burning away muscle AND fat.
Drink more water.
Read the Any Forums sticky: liamrosen.com/fitness.html

>DON'T
Eat refined sugars, they're terrible for you regardless of calories.
Eat processed foods.
Drink your calories (alcohol, soda, starbucks).
Freak out over a weight loss stall. Plateaus can last up to three weeks.
"Reward" yourself. Cheat days cheat only yourself.
Be a retard.

>Other resources:
Loose skin, gyno & stretch marks: weight-loss-side-effects.netlify.app/
Reddit wiki: reddit.com/r/loseit/wiki/faq
Last Thread:

Attached: on_being_fat_or_staying_fat.jpg (834x960, 154.82K)

It's so easy to lose weight when you don't eat carbs.

I get the impression (no dialogue in these comics) that some nuns have favourite animals. Frowny nun likes frogs best, blond one seems to like ducks best.

Sorry, that's not a complete answer.

The plotline is that the nuns overfed the ducks by accident and want them to be healthier instead of fat. The nuns don't eat them, so I guess they're just for eggs?

Confess your sins

Attached: do_eet.png (231x218, 5.15K)

Starting weight: 315, October 2021
Current weight: 249, February 2022

Ask me anything.

Anxiety is up for some reason which is causing me to snack. I haven’t caved a binged in months but I can feel that pull to eat my feelings.

It's snowing outside so I won't be doing cardio for about a week. I'll be doing kettlebells inside though promise, father.

What are your lifts

That's the infographic I was talking about earlier. Thanks for posting it again britfren.

i know its not necessarily a bad problem to have but i just cannot justify NOT doing cardio and some sort of strength training a day. it takes up to 3 hours out of my day and i feel like garbage, ive been doign this for a long time but i feel so terrible (mentally) when i skip on the "cardio" that i guilt myself into doing it anyway instead of just doing one thing or the other on each day. ive made it really far but i feel like im destroying myself if i dont stop it

Is there more to the story, did the nun waifus achieve the optimal shape for ducks?

I don't do traditional weight lifting. I do the simple and sinister kettlebell meme program with some modifications. I'm a manlet who's always had good muscle foundation so I'm more concerned about losing weight than lifting.

nuns can’t be waifus they don’t marry

Touché

>obese but my muscle foundation is good.
The cope never ends. Let me guess you fast too

Injured hips again, so no squats for a while yet. Will be good and get food for the family from the local shops, but must rest up and limit stress on the joints for longer trips.

Getting old sucks bros...

Attached: wtf_is_this_coaster_ride.jpg (790x774, 78.95K)

Why are you projecting that peanut butter isn’t taken into account when counting calories?
Obviously have a proper fucking serving size and peanut butter is perfectly fine.

I'm thinking of making Sunday a diet rest day.
So I calculate out my TDEE and eat to take over a couple meals.

That way I learn how to maintain as I'm loosing. So I don't just yoyo back up again.
Anyone try it?

Yes, I'm doing what fat people should do and not spiking my insulin every 3 hours.

There's not much follow-up on them actually *getting* thin, but you presume they must have somewhat or that's all the comics would be about.

Think the artist got tired of drawing the ducks in a non-chubby way, personally.

Attached: E4-zFQKVgAoZ0Dd.jpg (1024x576, 121.62K)