What are the biomechanical implications of different femur/tibia ratios?

What are the biomechanical implications of different femur/tibia ratios?

Attached: ratio1.jpg (1155x630, 50.31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Av3LO2GwpAk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Literally nothing. Just squat as deep as you can. Stretch if you're not going deep enough. Stop looking for excuses ngmi.

theres a ton, basically the longer the limb from the pivot point (the knee here) the more force it will take to lift the same amount of weight, think of it like lifting a stick with a weight on the end of it with your wrist, the longer the stick the harder it will be to get that weight fully up, while also increasing the range of motion the weighted end of the stick will have to travel

im legit curious, I have pretty long tibia and short femurs and I wanted to know what difference does it make to different sports and exercises

If you’re the second you’ll have ugly squat form and subpar quad development. If you’re a manlet or have short limbs like the first one you can get great quads from squatting

well, i got kind of long legs and i unwittingly engage my back more than my legs when i squat sometimes. other than that there isn't any real difference i imagine.

This explains it nicely for us retards

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Av3LO2GwpAk

lmfao its not that simple

In people with longer tibias there is less ankle mobility required for the same amount of forward knee travel when compared to people with shorter tibias.
Longer femurs require both more forward knee travel and more hip flexion in order to achieve a deep squat. Femurs can be virtually "shortened" with a wider stance and by flaring the knees out, thus requiring less ankle dorsiflexion and hip flexion, but this has limitations in the hip anatomy. Ankle mobility can be aided with raised heels (weightlifting shoes)

tl/dr: long tibia good, long femur bad

Let me correct myself, weightlifting shoes dont improve ankle mobility, they artificially increase the maximum angle of ankle dorsiflexion

Squatists are a cult. I’m convinced squat worship is a racket perpetrated by PTs and Orthos to keep the clients coming. There’s literally no reason to barbell back squat for hypertrophy if you have bad body mechanics for it. Low bar is a fucking meme.

This is largely true. Low bar is a squat modification optimized for lifting as much weight as possible, and should be performed in powerlifting, exclusively.
To be fair, for people who can do them without pain, squats (high bar) are probably the most effective quad exercise of all.

Don't do anything hard ever. You're not the problem, everything else is!

Its far from the only consideration (also hip orientation, torso length, pelvic orientation etc) but basically shorter femur will be better at high bar squat, a longer femur might prefer low bar (so they can lean forward more). Whatever the ratio though it will also depend on programming, the body adapts to what you do with it, so start light, work on technique and build gradually.

the duality of man

Lmao, almost every reply to this some sort of excuse or cope. All of you are ngmi, except for you. FPBP

Is there some place I can look up what ratios femur:tibia:torso are normal/average? I want to find out if im a ratiolet and that's why I've struggled with squats forever

The longer they are the more time you spend on the internet blaming them for your weak squat

high bar vs low bar squat
that's about it

For deadlifts it means higher or lower hips, angle of back, etc.

Attached: 2106305468450230.png (1267x928, 1.78M)

absolutely insane difference

I mean I'm like 1.5" taller when sitting compared to my friend who is 2" taller standing

>lowbar is a meme
>t. 5'2 manlets

Attached: Dwarf bodybuilder - funny.jpg (600x1017, 92.24K)