Greg says that the average person should only be able to bench 220 pounds after 5 years of consistent training...

Greg says that the average person should only be able to bench 220 pounds after 5 years of consistent training. Is this true?
I recently hit 2 plate on bench after ~6 months of lifting. Does this mean I have god-tier genetics? Should I consider becoming a professional powerlifter?

Attached: maxresdefault (7).jpg (1280x720, 193.92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/MSC0PJyJes8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Attached: 1643772925594.jpg (850x400, 47.6K)

Depends on how much you weigh.

Link proof.

youtu.be/MSC0PJyJes8

Greg is the kind of guy that would hop on steroids starting from the 1st grade

Yeah probably. Someone with average genetics benching two plates could easily take that long.

With bottom 25% genetics, would likely take gear to ever get there.

The NFL combine uses a 2 plate bench as their upper body strength test. If huge professional athletes should be expected to do that for reps, why wouldn't the average person take years to do it even once?

>I recently hit 2 plate on bench after ~6 months of lifting
That's average. High school football players usually bench 300 for reps after few months.

user, no matter who I train, I have got everyone to a 2pl8 bench within 1 year of training. It took me 1.5 years when I first started, but I learnt a lot about technique on the way.
I've trained 60kg twigs to be 70kg and leaner or 90kg lardy boys until their 80kg and strong as an ox. Everyone I have trained has his 2pl8.

That is impressive, are you a personal trainer?

What do you recommend for someone to improve their bench specifically.

3 months in and not even at a plate

I was able to do it after 1.5 years (but I got pretty fat in the process). But I was averagely athletic before I started lifting. Were you athletic before you started? That might explain why you hit it so fast.

Nah I was skinnyfat. Could barely do one pull up and couldn't jog a mile without stopping.

do you think there any kind of pre-selection bias? maybe only certain people decide to get stronger

>listening to the advice of frauds
you're taking fitness advice from people with the mentality of fatties
>MUH GENETICS
>MUH NOT NATURAL
>MUH BODY IS BEAUTIFUL
>MUH HEALTHY AT EVERY SIZE
roiders and fats cope in the exact same ways and your mom will die in her sleep tonight if you don't respond to this post

Attached: 7394843.gif (220x124, 335.11K)

You're right but you're also a fag

I was able to do it after a couple months. Only caveat was that I was 270 when I hit it. Now after a few months more training I'm almost at 300 lbs for 5 reps

Bullshit. It took me 1.5 years to reach 2pl8 for 5 reps. And I spent the first 10 months with no weights, no barbell and benching from the edge of my bed. The more I hear from this retard the more special ed he seems.
>inb4 fatty
I started at 160lbs and I'm now around 180lbs

bench a lot

no they dont

nobody is repping 300 after a few months of lifting

fag

Weird. I guess that is pretty impressive then. I think it's a little early to get cokcy about your genetics, but you're doing really good so far imo.

I run a pretty prolific sims blog and yes my MC is a personal trainer

Why does he look like a chicken doing that pose lmao.

LOL im two months in training and hit one rep 2pl8 bench on Sunday. But my father already told me that’s our genetics.

But he also said it’s hard to train the biceps for us.