Can I fix depression without pills? does exercise help?

can I fix depression without pills? does exercise help?

Attached: 1643773823581.jpg (1920x1356, 760.75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Xu1FMCxoEFc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

yeah it helps, but if youre depressed it will be harder to stick to it

>can I fix depression without pills?
Yeah
>does exercise help?
Yeah. You legit gotta fight depression like drug addiction. Actively try and not be depressed every day. I understand it sounds impossible, but that's literally it. It gets easier. Eat better and exercise and you'll feel physically better. Try it. Unless not trying it is working

Depends. Depression is obviously chemical, as all things in your brain are, but some depression is driven by circumstances and some is purely chemical fuckery based. For me nothing helped outside of medication, and I tried for years to do everything that would address it. Exercised, ate well, sunlight, sleep, friends, love, therapy etc. By the end of it all I realized there was literally nothing I could do that would change it, and then I turned to meds. I was seriously mentally ill. But some people are depressed just via circumstance, and changing those circumstances can be enough to help them improve. I'd recommend trying to find a good therapist if you can, all exercise did for me was make me more suicidal. But I liked exercising so I did it anyways. For you it might help though, and regardless of whether it helps the depression or not it is a good habit to build, and something you can hold passion for your whole life if you learn to love it.

Go outside nigger. Stop spending all day on the internet or you will kill yourself. Find a manual labor job and get daily sunlight exposure.

No

Why did exercise make you more suicidal?

ah yes, here come all the normalfags who say the cure for mental illness is "literally stop being mentally ill, its that easy"

>digging ditches cures mental illness
I hate normalfags so fucking much

There was no reason for my depression, like, no logical reason at least. It's definitely something chemical, so I really can't say exactly why it made me more suicidal. Something about the way the chemicals in my head worked ig. All I know is I'd go to the gym and at some point during my workout start getting increasingly worsening suicidal urges. But I had those anyways all the time, for whatever reason exercising just made them stronger if they weren't already that bad. I'm definitely a rare case though, my brain was telling me to off myself despite me not wanting to die, there was no reason I had urges to blow my head off, it was as if my brain was trying to kill me. Most people find exercise really helpful for mental health, and I'm glad I stuck with it because even though it didn't help me in the moment, I now have that habit to keep in my life moving forward.

Attached: 1637482372837.png (595x597, 249.58K)

>NOOOO I WONT DO SOMETHING PHYSICAL AND WORK AROUND OTHER MEN IIIIIIMMMM SAAAAAAAD WAAAAAAAA IT WONT WORK WAAAAAAA

i switched to keto and omad, not having any sugars (carbs/starches as well) along with a tightly controlled eating window has really helped.
moments of depression are now flashes in the pan instead of 12 hour slow cooking meals.

I'm not convinced that there's no root cause to depression except "chemical imbalance". I think that's something docs says so they can prescribe you pills instead of the lengthy therapy. Or something you tell yourself because you don't want to fix that dark side of you.

While there are definitely root causes, traumas, life issues, etc, some people can genuinely just be fucked by their brains. I tried pretty much everything that is supposed to be good for depression, and had a lot of really good things going for me too. I also worked with a really good psychologist extremely regularly for a long period of time, and while yes, there were many things that I did benefit from in therapy that would help me deal with the depression and mental health/life stuff, it never went away and only got worse over time, despite me making progress in a lot of areas mentally and in my life that should have helped me. It's kinda hard to explain to someone who hasn't experienced it, but imagine if your whole life you had 200 lbs strapped to your back that never came off. Now, you're gonna have other weight thrown on, and you can learn methods to take off that weight or deal with it when it's there. But you'll always have that 200 extra lbs that no matter what you do you can't take off. And over time you'll get tired, and have to rest, sit down, maybe think about giving up hiking that mountain. And through mental strategies and sheer willpower you can convince yourself to get up and keep going, but even if everything in your life is perfect and nothing is bad, you have no extra weight on your back, you still always have to carry that 200 lbs. Meds took off that weight for me, at least so far. But they aren't for everyone and definitely shouldn't be someone's first option for treatment, and any legitimate therapist/doctor will tell you that.

not until the collapse of industrial society

This helped me. Passed along from a different user.

youtube.com/watch?v=Xu1FMCxoEFc

I'm sure meds are the easiest way, but probably not the best. I know some happy people who seem to have everything and they get depressed. Usually it's just the things they have is what makes other people happy, but not them, but they just didn't realize it.

Medication is not a magic fix, and it definitely isn't "easy". When used properly however (combined with therapy) it can be very helpful. A lot of people think meds is a magic happy pill, and that's not true at all. If you just take meds and then don't do anything to improve, chances are you didn't need meds, and you will also not get better. They allow you to function, but you need to make use of that function. Like hell, I still get sad, I've had a lot of really fucking sad shit happen lately. But sadness is not depression, not even close. I don't know how much I believe the average person saying they're "depressed." Depression, real depression, is a whole different beast. It isn't even a tangible thing, it's just the worst most despair inducing thing you could ever imagine, and there is no escape. There is no mindset, no "just don't think about it bro." It isn't something you think about, it just is. It's honestly fucking terrifying in hindsight. I didn't think the meds would help when I tried them and I've always been pretty anti medication, but it was really the only thing I hadn't done yet and it was either that or die. I'm really glad I chose this path. But still, in no way is it "easy." In fact, for someone who doesn't need them, meds will probably make shit worse.

you can't fix depression with exercise alone, but it mitigates it.

the food you put in your body, the time you put in for exercise, the hours you're awake and take in sunlight and the state of your home all have an effect on your mood.

but it unironically does
spending time outside and keeping my mind busy with mindless work is what did it for me

Attached: 1619522139388.png (1045x608, 1.56M)

you better kill yourself then, since that will never happen
when it's about to collapse, they'll start WWIII and blame it for everything
then the system can keep going for a few more decades

you should release your depression 1st, its stuck there in your head.. tell someone you trust who will understand you about everything that causes you to feel bad.. maybe unfinished business or anything that makes you stagnant, maybe trauma or regrets.. or a current situation you can't fix

just be careful on who you open up with, because that time in your life is where you are really vulnerable.. and don't depend on them as your emotional crutch.. only you can solve your problems

if you don't have anyone who you think will understand and that you can trust, write a blog about it anonymously

or write everything on paper then burn it while getting drunk

or learn more about stoicism and practice that

only after emotional release you can start to heal and only you can fix your life, not anyone else.. crying helps too because its a form of emotional release

it's stuck energy from the past

exercise do help alot because it moves energy around

therapy and medication is not a good solution because both causes dependence and is only temporary.. you need to fix it completely not patch it

Attached: the-breaker-shi-woon.jpg (628x658, 152.06K)