How important is finishing your sets vs upping the weight...

How important is finishing your sets vs upping the weight? Should you move down in weight if you can't complete the whole workout with all full sets?

Attached: 1641804241247.jpg (828x1093, 660.32K)

Just chase a really good pump every time
If you fatigue the muscle it wil grow

Yes. Don't ego lift.
If you're not doing the sets and reps then you're not doing the program.

you should finish your sets. you should also not drop form to force finish a set. If you can't finish your set with good form you should deload and build back up.

Go big or go home. Moving down in weight means you're a pussy and pussys don't make gains.

making me fucking copy pasta what has already been covered in another thread fucking hell

you only need ONE fucking balls to the wall intense working set for every exercise

an example of bicep curls would be 3 x 12-8
first set
>warm up, 12 reps of a weight than you can do for 16-20 reps, should be relatively easy but still feel muscle working
second set
>inbetween warm up and working set, 10 reps of a weight you can do for about 13-15 reps, moderate difficulty, slightly taxing, minimal fatigue
third set
>working set, 8 reps for a weight you where you can barely get the last rep in or barely get one more with sloppy form, taxing and fatiguing

if your sets don't look like this
this is why you are not growing
why tf does everyone here always follow the cuck 3-5 sets x the same amount of weight
you're shitting on your hypertrophy potential
people talk about gf's being gains goblins when you're your own biggest gains golbin with programming like that

above is purely for hypertrophy
5x5 is unfathomably based for strength
3x5 even more so

there

Mix of both is ideal. Do 3 or 4 sets properly then maybe half a set of a weight you can barely lift.

Attached: Tongue.webm (684x854, 1.89M)

set quality is more important than weight on bar assuming it is still heavy enough. weight doesn't have to be maximal to drive progress. at baseline you should train heavy enough to get adaptations. then you use these adaptations later to increase weight. then on some days you will simply be weaker due to external reason which can be poorer sleep quality than usual, less food (esp less carbs), less psyched for whatever reason, stress, built up training fatigue etc etc. these days you will simply have to train with less weight. ideally start your work sets 2 reps away from failure and when you get closer to your last sets, you should be around 0-1 rep away from failure. if you can finish all your sets 2 reps away from failure, you can up the weight because your first set was props in reality 3 reps away from failure.

If fuck the shit outta her, if you catch my drift

How the fuck do you progress without moving up at some point? I've been stuck at the same weights for 2 months

do
you're probably just meme lifting and doing the same weight, for the same reps for the same amount of sets
this is not how you grow

>why tf does everyone here always follow the cuck 3-5 sets x the same amount of weight
because that's literally what science says????

>le angry talk
time for you to go back

post proof

you're wasting your time in the gym if you're just doing
>5 sets, 12 reps, same weight each set
literally what dyels think is good programming

look up high intensity training

>believing (((science))) in 2022

Plateaus are a thing, but you shouldn't hit major plateaus until you're a pretty advanced lifter. If you're unable to progress you're probably cheating yourself in some way.
Once you get past beginner gains I'd recommend picking up some microplates, i.e. 1.25lb plates, which allow you to progress bench and OHP by 2.5lbs rather than big 5lb jumps at a time.
I've had to deload many times, I've never gotten stuck on a plateau though.

My thoughts exactly.

How long have you been lifting for? There's a point that the basics can't take you beyond, happened to me, then I used 5/3/1 by Jim Wendler and made gains like I hadn't for years.

>chink
>no ass

imagine my shock. do white guys just pretend to like asians cause black chads took all the white girls?

lack of ass isnt the only issue btw, bitch literally looks like some forest bug. fuckin caterpillar eye brows too

No, it's because (non westernised second generation ones) are submissive and shut the fuck up

Shape > size.