Hello Any Forums

Hello Any Forums
I am a older person, not elderly or anything, but no longer a strapping young retard who can afford to crush at my joints doing lots of work outs. I would like to do High intensity work outs on my legs but I dont see very many of these that don't involve a shit ton of reps. I'd like to do stuff that is very low rep high intensity, like a slow push up or pull up kind of thing. but on my legs it seems less straight forward how to do this.

Attached: kobayashi_jack-o_challenge.png (2800x3991, 3.11M)

Don't be a fag & do the squats.

Pavel tsatsouline's Russian Bear program. You do sets of 5 with moderate weight and low rests. Its prescribed for deadlift and press, but I've run it with squat successfully.

I do want to do the squats, I just want to do harder squats but less of them. How do?
will look into this

Attached: 1488759934958.png (129x140, 26.59K)

Front squats

>like a slow push up or pull up kind of thing
Do tempo and/or paused squats. If you're a masochist, you can do something like descend for 5 counts, pause at the bottom for another 5, then ascend for another 5

that sounds like what I want but do I need some kind of way to add weight? it seems straight forward that if I where to do a push up or pull up, all of my body is on my arm muscles which are weak. my legs, which are used to carying my weight, would be too strong without added weight right?

I cant find anything about the bear part. just videos by the guy himself.

Low rep with higher weights is going to be more stressful on the joints. Joints can get stronger but it takes an inordinate amount of time for them to heal.
If you're in it for the long haul, stay at 10 - 12 reps and don't increase the weight just because you think you might make it.

You can take a car into an empty parking lot, put it in neutral and push/pull it.

I'm 30 and decided to get back into lifting after years of being off the Any Forumsness wagon. Squats hurt my back and my bones crack while doing them but i'm hoping it's because Im just getting back into the swing of things and not because i'm just old now....

with my legs? how?

Sprint cycling -- low impact, high intensity.

>Sprint cycling -- low impact, high intensity
so you mean a bicycle? I've biked before as my main mode of transportation, this shit does not get my legs worked out.

You never pushed a car to start it? How are you an "older person"?

Yes, with a bicycle. But not just ambling along at under 10mph.

I'm an older guy too, cycling is my main mode of transportation (~4000 miles a year), and have legs like tree trunks from doing so.

???
>not just ambling along
I used to be forced to climb steep hills along side traffic where I couldn't afford to stop. I cant safely go above 15-20 miles per hour anyway, and if the hills I took where not enough I dont think you know what low reps mean.

>???
Seriously, how "old" are you? 30?
Pushing a car is not an activity anybody over 40 wouldn't know about.

if you want to have a pissing war over how old you and I both are I'm not going to comply.

Attached: 1572815204879.jpg (473x369, 37.65K)

Sauce for original image of this edit?

>I am a older person
>anime
embarrassingly faggy

The promise neverland
anime website

Attached: c2604b9b476d6089aec4585ece83f9bf.jpg (663x1027, 43.88K)