/fat/

>Who is /fat/ for?
For whopping whalers who are working towards a better physique through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication.This is not QTDDTOT, stick to questions on fat loss. Post height and weight when asking for advice.
Join our Fatty Contest: fattycontest.com/

>What do I do first?
1. Read physiqonomics.com/fat-loss/
2. Calculate your Body Fat Percentage: fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy
3. Calculate your TDEE: sailrabbit.com/bmr/
Remember to use bodyfat% and use Katch-McArdle Formula with sedentary settings or your TDEE will be too high.
4. Plan your weight loss: losertown.org/eats/cal.php
5. Track your nutrition with MyFitnessPal (better for packaged food), Cronometer (better for generic food/macros) or LoseIt (great for both).

>Now what?
Count calories, all of them.
Eat about 500-1000 less calories than your TDEE.
Buy scales, be accurate.
Learn to cook. Try to stick to lean protein and green vegetables.
Eat a lot of protein. 1g per lb of goal lean body mass.
Doing cardio, even just walking, will improve your health. There is no such thing as a healthy fat heart, but you can offset the risks.
Lifting weights will keep and gain muscle mass and burn fat much quicker. No lifting results in the body burning away muscle AND fat.
Drink more water.
Read the Any Forums sticky: liamrosen.com/fitness.html

>DON'T
Eat refined sugars, they're terrible for you regardless of calories.
Eat processed foods.
Drink your calories (alcohol, soda, starbucks).
Freak out over a weight loss stall. Plateaus can last up to three weeks.
"Reward" yourself. Cheat days cheat only yourself.
Be a retard.

>Other resources:
Loose skin, gyno & stretch marks: weight-loss-side-effects.netlify.app/
Reddit wiki: reddit.com/r/loseit/wiki/faq
Last Thread:

Attached: whaling is fun.jpg (927x1056, 272.48K)

How much exercise did you do today /fat/?

I walked a few miles

Attached: B30FD4AC-6E22-4A5F-8AD7-DC06FD61CFBB.jpg (640x853, 128.93K)

I lifted for an hour and twenty minutes or so then did 35 minutes of biking and then maybe ten minutes of stop and go jumproping. Is that from fairy tail or whatever? Too thick

Did my push day, though out of order because the gym was packed.
>3x6 tricep pushdowns @ 80lbs
>3x6 cable flies @ 25
>3x3 incline bench @ 175
>3x4 flat bench @ 190
>1x3 OHP at 110 (was going to be 3x3, but something felt weird in my back after the first set)
>3x10 Leg Press @ 290
>3x8 lateral raises @ 25
Skipped squats. Was on about hour 40 of a 70 hour fast, and was somewhat dehydrated going in. Usually my rep ranges are higher, but today I just didn't have the energy (likely due to lack of glycogen stores)

I should note that I'm rebuilding strength from last year, when I got over 1/2/3/4. Then last summer I didn't work out for a few months and I was super inconsistent in the fall. Doing a Push/Pull routine with legs split b/t Push and Pull.

>did squats for the first time today at a new gym
>legs like jelly walking back to my car
>at home knees feel like buckling
>actually buckle after around 5 hours after my workout
did I fuck up my legs

>3x5 BP @ 55lbs
>2x5 + 1x10 back squat @ 55lbs
>3x5 assisted chin-ups cause faggot zoomers were in the way for barbell rows
>3x10 dumbbell supplinating @ 25lbs
240lbs, I got lazy in fall and now I'm working my way back to where i was in august

You will never walk again

no fren, you won today

Attached: 1617638052458.png (1920x1080, 1.28M)

Make sure to stretch your quads before you sleep, else you're going to get muscle aches hit like a truck.

To everyone who sees this thread, know we are rooting for you. This is not an easy thing to do and you will be in astonishment at the life you have once you reach your goals. Keep it up, go lift, count your calories, and know that we’re all gonna make it

Who's we?

>Check out a swimming calorie calculator
>apparently 1 hour of "medium" difficulty freestyle swimming will knock out about 600 calories for my height/weight

So how accurate are these calorie calculators anyway? I mean I know swimming is excellent cardio, but will that really knock down 600 cals? I always assume most cardio exercise doesn't actually burn a fuck ton of calories unless you're pushing insane levels of exhaustion or spending several hours at it.

My heaviest meal of the day is 700 cals. If I could effectively "negate" that meal with 600 cals worth of 1 hour of swimming....
that would really go a long way.

Lately I’ve been eating 2 servings of picrel with a scoop of protein every night before bed. Still at a deficit but I feel guilty for some reason
How does /fat/ feel about this

Attached: A19CE8E6-0B75-4B35-9DEA-2E5F1ED130BF.jpg (900x900, 96.94K)

I think oats are overrated shit.

if you like them, they're not caked in sugar, and you're still at a deficit, I say go for it

Ey, lad, we'll get there.

From my experience, not terribly inaccurate.
They do mean a full hour of swimming, though, not a couple of laps then sitting there.
> I always assume most cardio exercise doesn't actually burn a fuck ton
Most people tend to stick to walking/jogging, which are both pretty energy conservative. Since we've been doing it for thousands of years to hunt, blah blah blah. Once you branch out of there you start seeing bigboy numbers.

If it works for you, go ahead. I just rawdog the shakes with water. Still satiates.

I walked to the fridge and deadlifted some lunchmeat into my mouth

Walked to the store for about 1.3 miles and I got an hour of calisthenics later.

>They do mean a full hour of swimming, though, not a couple of laps then sitting there.
Then I'd knock it down to about 500 cals, which is still a good % of that meal being erased. I can't do 1 hour NONSTOP, I do 20 or so laps, 2 minute break for water, rest, repeat

I was eating 2 tablespoons of psyllium husk powder 6 days/week and now my guts are fucked. I felt fine for weeks and now I am constipated as hell. help me.
it's not like I didn't build up to it and I did not have more than that. the dosing on the package said 2 tablespoons/day was right.

based unapologetic fatty

Attached: 45698046098363.png (1229x1160, 127K)

get some probiotics or eat some greek yogurt, that always fixes my guts

Going to play some basketball today. Full court. Should be good cardio

I hate dogs bros

ausfag spotted, please point and laugh

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 59.84K)

stop being black

that's what the powder was mixed into...

same but that's a cardinal sin since I'm whitey.
>t. grew up with dogs

I have big oversized legs. Very fat. Pretty stronk. My 1rm on back squat is 435, but I don’t really care because my legs are encased in thick fat. Do any others here have this situation? I’m excited to see what my quads look like after me weight loss journey. Sorry for low qual pics

Attached: E91B4664-8AAB-45E9-BEAB-247447A430C9.jpg (1170x1402, 1.27M)

Pt 2

Attached: 84B784D7-7357-4413-8E43-2AC2A53A2D26.jpg (1170x1350, 982.21K)

But I'm American

Attached: image0-39.jpg (971x820, 73.97K)

Nothing yet, still morning and at work.
Been sticking to bodyweight routines just because I was so sedentary I was at the terminal velocity fat stage where you have backpains standing up for 5 minutes - but hey, at least that's gone now.

The proportions are a bit wonky here, the mirror was angled up quite a bit

Oh yeah, My disgusting fat distribution is so bad that the split between upper/lower body is almost 50/50.
Having lost the weight before, I can tell you that it's like love handles - one of the last things to go but when it does, you're left with completely different looking legs.

I'm white. They are just annoying as shit.