Holy shit I almost drowned being caught in a rip in the ocean

Holy shit I almost drowned being caught in a rip in the ocean
How the fuck do I train to survive that

Attached: CrZvgES.jpg (276x183, 8.07K)

>swim

fpbp

Legit just have to float out to sea and don't fight it lol, then swim sideways a bit and then back to shore

You have to be retarded or poor to have not spent enough time around the ocean to not know how to escape a rip current. During beach week in the Outer Banks 20 of us drunk and high guys were purposely getting caught in them for fun. Kys pussy.

Key is to swim parallel to the shore for a bit. You can't win swimming directly against it.

Attached: riptide.jpg (425x249, 26.22K)

How far do rip currents go into the ocean?
This is literally my worst nightmare btw. That and black holes.

Attached: 142523363476.jpg (192x182, 5.85K)

>You can't win swimming directly against it.
Speak for yourself DYEL, the rip currents fear me

Sorry sir, I didn't realise Poseidon was posting on the board today

>not using ocean's water treadmill to get fit
ngmi

Learn to float. The common advice is to float and not waste your energy until you exit the rip tide.

Don't fight it. You've gotta learn how to swim out of that since it's not really feasible for a human to swim out of one of those

>how do i train hard enough to beat the fucking ocean

Attached: ACB7ECEA-03FA-42B1-9725-735B15242D35.jpg (700x641, 40.48K)

what if the rip tide takes me to open ocean ?

Rip currents don’t tend to go out too far. However, it is also recommended that in a manner that conserves your energy, swim parallel to the beach front until you feel like you aren’t getting pulled away from it. Then just swim back inland.

Attached: 268F3E32-62CA-4459-BCB2-599AE47FEF6A.jpg (700x698, 36.18K)

Fuck Ocean.
- polluted
- salty
- water is cold
- sharks
- jellyfish
Now this?
I'll enjoy my lake, thsnk you.

I was surfing with a friend and he got caught in a giant… I don’t know what you call it. Like a giant drain swirl. The ocean was circling and depressed at least a couple of feet in the middle of the drain. He was stuck in the middle spinning around sitting on his board and laughing. If he didn’t have the board he’d probably be dead.

Learn to stay calm and levelheaded so you don't waste energy/get disoriented and let it pull you till you can be certain to escape.
Also play a wind instrument and do cardio, lung capacity gains are insane, when I was a skelly dyel I could hold my breath on the bottom of the pool for multiple minutes to fuck with lifeguards and I've gotten smashed by riptide a few times and been fine even unprepared

these kill so many chinks in Aus lmao

Does this happen only in oceans? I've only swimmed in the mediterranean sea and I've never seen one of these

We are taught as kids to better not swim in the sea. Always make sure your feet can touch the ground. It makes no difference swimming in 2 or 10 meter deep water.

Of you do get cought try to relax and let yourself get swepped with the current. Don't tire yourself out.