For those who have been deeply depressed in the past...

For those who have been deeply depressed in the past, did lifting or any other modification to your life fix with pain and suffering? Did you find a way out? I've never been down this bad and I'm losing the will to live despite doing relatively okay in life. I think a lot of it has to do with my isolation which is a result of the isolated covid world and my inclination to prefer a solitary lifestyle. Could use a fren rn.

Attached: 1611098652305.jpg (512x512, 41.35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bpOv_kvk4M8
youtube.com/watch?v=3Qe2iQE2ImQ&t=433s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Are you taking vitamin d? It completely cured my depression, I take 8000 iu a day. Exercising helped a lot too.

lifting + social interaction + other pursuits
if it gets bad enough seek professional help
godspeed and ygmi user

Yeah I take 4000ui every morning.

Thanks user, might need to reach out to a therapist, been a year or two since I've seen one.

Move your body. Take walks. Shoot hoops alone. Whatever. Go outside. Get sunlight. Take Vitamin D. Whatever you love to do consume yourself with it. You’ll be fine brother. I’m cheering for you.

No offence to you dude, but I get kind of annoyed when people who are doing okay in life talk like this. Like, there are people out there who don't even control their own life and here you are, fully autonomous and capable of making a decent living and you have to act this way.

Like I know we all have our struggles, I've had some myself and my life has not been easy but at the same time I'm not a child sex slave or a brainwashed kid growing up in iran or smth. Some asian people are literally owned by corporations and do nothing but work for like 12 hours a day. There are so many people in this world who don't even get a chance to control their own life, they worry about starving, about being raped, about being killed and here we are in the 1st world worrying about being lonely.

I think you need to appreciate what you have in life a little more.

>did lifting or any other modification to your life fix with pain and suffering?
Not really. Kinda.
It's just something I enjoy quite a lot, so doing it and having a healthy and strong body feels nice.

>Did you find a way out?
Not really. Kinda.
I just developed a strong sense of objectivity and understanding of what my purpose is, as a human being.
The wounds are still there and will never leave, but the pain is not as strong.
I wish I could just say that God is the answer, but most people are way too stupid to get it, so they think you're talking about >le sky daddy.
So I'll just say the answer is simple: objectivity and productivity. I don't care if you don't have what it takes to get it. The concept of God would hate me for this, but Im not going to wate my time trying to make the willingly blind see.

>I'm losing the will to live despite doing relatively okay in life.
You are not worth my time. You don't know pain.

>I think a lot of it has to do with my isolation which is a result of the isolated covid world
You are a joke. You don't know real depression.

This x1000000
Fucking hate these "Im feeling a little sad rn even though Im doing well in life" fucking faggots.

No joke, just stop being sad.

I found there was no reason for me to keep wallowing in misery so one day I had enough and decided to stop being miserable.

Lifting did help though.

Not him, but i am feeling extremely bad and guilty for being such a depressed POS...i should be grateful, but i hate my life. I know i am relatively privileged, but my heart is cold, my soul is dead, no one gives a damn about me, no one will cry when i am dead. You can't fix a broken brain.

You can fix a broken brain though, you need therapy.

It's not just you no one gives a damn about, people just don't give a damn about others in general and when people die there's like many 1 or 2 people that actually care?

Who cares about what happens when you die because you'll be dead. The world is a cold place and we are raised to believe it's opposite of what it is. It's a tough pill to swallow but you only get one life and then that's it. doesn't matter what your situation is, or what someone elses situation is, we only get one life.

user I should be grateful and many times a day I take a moment to appreciate it, but I think there's something that you don't understand. Regardless where we are in our lives we can hit slumps, todays thrill becomes tomorrows normal.

>I'm losing the will to live despite doing relatively okay in life.
>You are not worth my time. You don't know pain.

What a hell of an assumption. You think I got to where I am on easy mode? Given that you are trying win at some pain olympics with me, I'll assume that I've been through much worse.

>people just don't give a damn about others in general

Yeah, it's true...and this killed my soul and heart when i realized it. I am just longing for genuine connection and belonging...yet here i am, in the dark and cold, all alone...no love. What's the point of this one life if there's no love to be found? And when you open yourself up to someone, you get hurt again and again and again...this is hell my dude.

I know about slumps because I grew up in poverty, "raised" by shitty parents. I was never popular, never had any moments in my life that I can say I'm all too proud of. Lack of guidance from my parents left me to learn everything in life on my own, this means I've fucked up good relationships and I needed to sort out a lot of negative traits I ended up with. At the end of the day though, it's my life and I can't blame my parents or anyone else for my actions etc.. There comes a point where you just have to take responsibility for yourself, whether this means you fix it yourself or you go and seek out help. I personally don't go to therapy because I'm pretty content with my life and it's direction, but there was a time where my ex gf would essentially be my therapist and it showed me that talking things out with a person really makes a big difference when it comes to realizing things and working out your inner demons.

I learned that you really can't enter a relationship until you've found happiness with yourself. Otherwise you expect your partner to make you happy but in reality, that's not a burden they should bear it's your burden. You long for connection and belonging because as humans we are social creatures, so if you don't have any friends or family to confide your feelings in I highly suggest therapy because just talking things out with someone makes a world of difference.

You can never fully recover from truly deep depression. Pain and suffering is a prerequisite to great wisdom but not necessarily the end result. Most will simply die without ever having found any insights. Think of this as great suffering as an initiation into a club that you can know even exists by only having gone through immense pain. You get a chance to live life with purposful vivid intensity but at a great cause. It's not for every man, I wouldn't recommend it.

yes. and the first comment is about vitamin d, definitely.

do not give up. it is a delayed effect, that catches up with you after youve been exercising regularly for at least a month

lifting is absolutely a positive force in my life and I can say I would be in a worse place if I hadn't started doing it. That being said if you are suicidal you have bigger problems you need to work out

Based user fuck op faggot

My advice other than lifting, is find something to get interested in. Depression is like whirlpool in that the hardest part of it is escaping once you're in it. It poisons the mind in a way that throws a filter over every thought and action you have. The only way I know to escape the pattern is to do something new that distracts the mind long enough to break out of the patterns your depression has probably guided you into. Other than finding a new hobby or interest id say,

-rearrange your room or wherever you spend most of your time
-find reasons to get away from your normal environment for an extended amount of time (go on a week long camping trip)
-talk to yourself out loud as if you were having a conversation with someone asking for help, it sounds lame but this always helps me

friendly reminder to Any Forums that it's very, very easy to get to heaven. watch this if you are not yet 100% sure of going to heaven. you can live forever if you believe in Jesus.
youtube.com/watch?v=bpOv_kvk4M8

sermon for anons who are doubting their salvation
youtube.com/watch?v=3Qe2iQE2ImQ&t=433s

Attached: bible way to heaven.jpg (777x1177, 338.06K)