Redpill me on the rowing machine Any Forums. Why should/shouldn't I get one?

Redpill me on the rowing machine Any Forums. Why should/shouldn't I get one?

Is it the greatest cardio machine available or is it worthless?
What are some good workouts for it?

Attached: best-rowing-machines-concept-2-model-d-lifestyle.jpg (1000x563, 326.44K)

just get one if you can afford it.
/thread

Is good. Can confirm goodness. Get.

is based
>What are some good workouts for it?
>8x500m 2mins rest
>3x15mins 5mins rest
>10k, 5k, or 2k best effort
use creativity and come up with similar workouts

Attached: 1596215850846.jpg (634x594, 43.56K)

back in middle school we had one of these me and some friends would take turns on this machine and shit was amazing
i think in terms of cardio there is no better machine you can get if you want something that you can use inside

I've seen a few second hand concept 2 machinrs for sale and tempted to pick one up. What should I be looking at before I commit?

I know stuff like the handle is easy to replace but what about the other stuff? What's easy to fix and what should I be avoiding?

I bought one last summer and used it for a month, got bored of it. I like rooning or elliptical or biking much better. Everyone who says this is the best cardio machine workout is retarded.

They never get my heart rate up as easy as running or cycling

Because you suck. It's not the sport, it's just you.

I hear these are good for both cardio and back muscle.

I am making good progress, but I am still overweight so I have trouble with pull ups for a good lats workout. Will rowing give me a double whammy for both back muscle and cardio?

Just buy a new one you fucking poor. Jesus christ.

Attached: 1640293216777.gif (320x286, 795.5K)

They need like a zwift game for rowing. Racing viking boats and shit, would be fun.

Those machines are pretty much indestructible. Row on it for a bit, make sure that there's no weird noises. As long as the slide isn't dented all to shit you'll be fine.

Asked this in the /sqt/ but it died.
Started rowing this week with a 2k time of 9:30
What would be a good time to reach for in 1 month of training?
3 months?
1 year?

Attached: gmrw8mayek281.jpg (640x480, 23.42K)

Learn proper form and how to adjust the difficulty you fucking mongoloid.

I'd say that 8:00 should be easy enough to achieve after a few months. Just focus on getting the technique right.
For a year, it's hard to say without knowing your base fitness level and how much training you're doing.

Why do you always appear? Maybe if you're the only one who can't get their heart rate up on a machine you're using it wrong.

It is fucking amazing
Barely takes up any space and it's a good workout, first time I used it I was dead on the floor after 10 minutes

Just make sure to learn proper technique since it is not trivial

Attached: 1578618670298.png (750x500, 67.98K)

I like them. I always do 1000m as part of my warmup every back day

>creativity
>op
Kek

I started very undertrained, my best effort 2k went from 10:36 to 8:54 in about 3 months
I mostly do steady state though for general CV health