I just got my dream job. Great salary, benefits, in a great area. Only problem is that its an office job...

I just got my dream job. Great salary, benefits, in a great area. Only problem is that its an office job. I'm pretty fit at the moment, having just come out of college - lots of sports and moving about, but I'm worried about the future.

How do I make sure that an office job doesn't impact my physique or at least impacts it as little as possible?

Attached: image_2022-01-30_145641.png (2400x1200, 1.36M)

go to the gym? if anything, being able to tailor all your exercises should be a boon for your fitness, after all, athletes become better when they stop doing manual labour and spend that time in the gym instead

>tailor all your exercises
In what way can I tailor make a workout routine to counteract the negative effects of sitting 8 hours a day. Can you give me some example exercises?

If possible, invest in a standing desk.

is it actually worth it? I've seen people use them but then they just sit back down after 30-40 minutes. How long can you realistically stand up on one spot out of those 8 hours

Account for your decreased activity during working hours by decreasing your calories or by doing daily cardio

Thats what I've been trying to do so far, but I think it's gonna take a bit more than just eating less

Get ready to become a full boomer that wakes up at 4/5am to work out before work

1. Don’t consume refined sugar. Yeah, stay away from those donuts they bring in, and disregard the fatties who try to shame you.

2. Keep lifting, eat clean, get enough sleep. Bring your own lunch from home.

3. Get up and move around when you can. No one actually sits 8 hours a day.

4. If you’re going to go out with coworkers, keep it to a 1-3 drink maximum. Don’t make it a five nights a week thing.

just stand up to stretch and move every 30 minutes or 1 hour

>lift or run 5/6 days a week
>don't overeat
countering the physical effects of an office job is easy, the though part is fighting the mind crushing soulless corporate idiocy, start working on your exit plan or in fifteen years time you'll find yoursefl defending how being a normie isn't so bad and believing "win-win synergies" actually mean something

>wagecuck
>being fit

lol

how is your dream to sit in a cubicle all day for the rest of your life?

What's your dream job?

Yes it's worth it. You won't stand in one spot for 8 hours. Stand up and work for 60-120 minutes, then sit down and take a break for 5-10 minutes, repeat. Also go for a short walk on your breaks.

>Bring your own lunch from home.
Solid gold, absolutely do this.

Honestly a white-collar job is pretty great for physical training, the whole time you're at work you're also working on recovery. Eat, rest, get hype for your next training session. Then after work, get in the gym and blast away any stress from work with ferocious lifting. Then go home and eat like a lion and sleep like a baby.

either as a freelance artist or being a film director.

cardio, calorie tracking (foodlogging everyday...made easier by meal prepping), and your usual hypertrophic resistance training.

based art degree drift-through-lifer

Attached: MYSIDES.jpg (717x510, 98.9K)

Just lift making sure to hit your posterior chain and rear delts properly. Also, i recommend using the pomodoro timing method at work and use those 5 minute breaks to do a quick little walk around so you're not just on your ass for 8 hours straight.
t. Home office drone

>dream
>job
Pick one you roastie normie asshole.

My man, sitting down for 8 hours is the perfect resting routine. It literally could not be more ideal for hitting the gym after you're done. If you were outside doing manual labor all day long, your muscles and tendons would be completely fucked up and you wouldn't be able to get a proper workout in afterwards. Unless you're literally doing triathlons or ironman on a monthly basis, you do not need more than 1-2 hours each day.