/Fast/ + /Keto/ #22 Powered by Potassium edition

Don't forget why you're doing it. wagmi user

FAQ:
> What do I need to start?
- To keep your hands and food away from your piehole
> I want to do a longer fast, what do I need?
- Salt, water, and preferably potassium citrate and magnesium (3/1/3 ratio).
>What is snake juice?
- 1 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp potassium chloride (nu-salt, no-salt), 0.5 tsp salt to 2 liters of water
> I feel hungry!
- You shouldn't feel hungry after the first day, if you do and are new, try switching to keto macros and restarting the fast later
>What keto macros should I use?
- 70% fat, 25% protein, 5% carbs. Keep carbs below 50g total.
- -60% or less fat, 35% protein, I'm sub 20bf, want to get lean, but don't want to lose muscle
- Do rolling 48s (OMEOD) and workout on your feeding day
>I'm gaining weight on OMAD
-You're FUCKING UP, start weighing your meal components and recording in cronometer (free). Consider adding light cardio or standing or switch to OMEOD so you can continue to eat like fat pig.

>LIFE Fasting Circle Group (group fasting tracker for iOS & Android)
lifefastingtracker.app.link/Kf9tSyuowmb
Or Search 'Where those from /fast/ work to become Any Forums' in the app

Post 'em
>GW (goal weight)
>CW (current weight)
>SW (starting weight)
>height
>fasting schedule

There is no such thing as a repetitive question

previous thread

Attached: 1642880290641.jpg (500x700, 171.29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=g6fY7grEsaQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

AAAAAAAA DEVIL THREAD
GET OUT GET OUTTTTTTTT

Attached: 1642102085509.png (386x417, 200.43K)

OMAD is super easy and I've been doing it since my last year of college.
What helped was doing batch-cooking on the weekend.
I'm at the point where I smoke 20-25lbs of beef leg roasts on sundays which gives me about 3 weeks worth of meals (assuming I'm doing OMEOD).
OMEOD is a bit of a challenge, but seeing the weight fly off is it's own reward.

Attached: 1639454485382.jpg (540x431, 39.75K)

Got some questions...
Can I still take supplements?
Can I take caffeine pills with l-theanine?
Can I do zero (0) carb refeeds?
Are lemon juice and apple cider vinegar needed?

Yes
Why take caffeine pills when you can drink coffee which boosts autophagy (and l-theanine is good as it reduces cortisol... but cortisol also drives lipolysis)
Yes, we have a few that do zerocarb, usually meat and cheese
ACV is nice if you fuck up or have a cheat a day, I think thomas delaeur has a video about doing an ACV/lemon juice drink during fasting

Hello anons
Do you believe in *protein power*?
Even if you haven't read Micheal eades powerful book, try to check out Ted Naiman and his P:E diet if you've slimmed out and want to adopt a satiating, filling diet that will leave you lean, mean, and ready to deliver peen, thank.

youtube.com/watch?v=g6fY7grEsaQ

Attached: firefox_yi7lBNJxsc.png (456x361, 395.6K)

The song playing during this video is legit motivation music
>Be Still and Know
>by Machine head

1) take a long hot shower before bed, the rebound effect will cool off your body
2) cut light exposure at sundown
3) at sunup go for a brisk walk in the cold, of if that's not possible do a cold shower
4) make sure you're exposed to bright lights all day during the sunup period

Your body uses temperature more than any hormone to regulate circadian rhythm. All 4 parts are equally important btw

I've been experimenting with taking supps and an amino blend during my fast to maximize muscle retention and fuel fasted workouts
>creatine
>NAC
>L-carnitine
>boron
>vitamin c
Been having good workouts so far and the weight loss has still been steady as just doing snek jayce alone

Meant to say "temperature and light" the emission of melatonin is driven by light exposure for example

Oh and I also take my pre-workout supp before lifting. It has citrullene malate and other good shit.

Do you believe that you were losing lean mass on your fasts?
What length?
Unless you're doing lengths over 3 days, the fasting state is rather anabolic and protective.

If you're looking to help shred the fat, berberine rules.

No, not losing muscle when I fast, especially not rolling 72s or less. I'm wanting to have more endurance and explosive workouts when I'm beyond 100 hours fasted. And make sure I'm never catabolic. Just burning ketones
Lately I've been fasting 5-7 days on repeat
>berberine
Love that stuff.

How do you guys feel about pickles and sauerkraut on fast? Obviously fast purists will claim it breaks fast. But the things are packed with vitamins, and more importantly salt. They are like 3 calories a serving, so it's like you're barely eating, and in my opinion, 2 of the most satiating foods I've come across.

>had a huge cheat day before starting my fast
>1 week later
>haven't shit once

guys, where did my poop go?

Attached: 2dd.jpg (600x600, 40.15K)

Fuck bro I thought I was the only one.
Expect a shit shower once you do break.

Something about the fiber matrix in the sauerkraut serves to re-awaken your stomach and break the fast last I checked.

But it won't break your ketosis obviously, so how long would it truly take to burn the 15 calories of sauerkraut you just ate and go back to a fasted state?

No but i believe in TRT power.

I'm cold all the fucking time and I can't stand it. How do I deal with my metabolism slowing way the fuck down and my comfy fatsuit getting smaller each day?

Attached: Akko Squint.jpg (360x370, 53.36K)

Try a low carb diet. Anecdotally i have a 10 higher pulse and feel warmer while on low carb, and it extends into fasting a fair amount. Put a spoon if butter or coconut oil in your coffee and blend it if you are feeling cold and sluggish. Stay toasty.

I get the coldness but also... warmth? I feel slightly cold on the time a day into the fast but if I walk outside where it's cold it doesn't feel much different.
Best guess is that the cell's mitochondria are burning a ton of fat thus raising your body temperature, but it could be anything.

Ditto this. But only if im getting adequate electrolytes. Bone broth with a bit of salt is good for this. Or snake juice is doing a longish fast

I always break with some kimchi/kraut/pickles to start any refeed. Gets the gut churning

Truckerfag here. Just got off the road 1 day early and broke a 7 day fast. Feeling fucking great. Down 32lbs since the week before Thanksgiving.
>HW 310lbs
>GW 180, 12-15% bf
>CW 193lbs
>SW 225lbs since November
>6'2
>schedule varies between 48s, 72s, 96s up to 7/8 day max. I fast during work, and eat when I'm home.

Been following my road workouts, Plank routine, dumbell workouts.. Feeling gd strong.
Once you get a few weeks into a routine this shit is so easy desu. Love me fasting

Stay strong truk user. May Cole bless your road

Keep on truckin and fuckin my guy

10-4 thanks brother. Same to you

Will do
Yall trust the process and don't forget to workout and sleep well

is hair loss a risk if I OMEOD?

How long ago was college and how fucking fat are you that you’ve been doing it that long and still seeing weight fly off

for some reason light exercise makes the hunger go away

yeah man that's how I get myself to fall asleep. light calisthenics before bed and im out

>weekend and no one in /fast/ is posting
You damn SINNERS!

I was doing real good. Ate at about a 700-1000 calorie deficit each day for the past 3 weeks or so and the scale showed that I lost about 14 pounds during those three week. Then I ate 2500 calories worth of fast food in a moment of weakness :(. Looks like it's time to stop carrying money on me when I go out.

so would unsweetened milk chocolate taste good?
I find 100% cacao too bitter,m i wonder if i melted in milk or heavy cream to make it more palatable.,

I would imagine it would be a similar flavor profile to a latte? I enjoy eating 95% dark chocolate but have never mixed it with heavy cream. Tastes absolutely amazing with peanut butter though.

is there a keto cookbook that actually tries to create real meals instead of trying to make a keto version of non keto dishes?

diet doctor used to but they got paywalled.
If you're no-cook you'll have to examine traditional recipes and gut the carbs.

I used to spend a ton of time trying to cook or convert recipes, then I went carnivore and the hardest thing I do is make 6 sunny side up eggs at a time

/Fast/ards I just realized I have to lose an extra 10 lbs to reach my goal weight. I forgot that once I start eating normal and bulking, I'll regain water weight. Here's a handy dandy formula to figure out how much water weight you could regain.

Minimum possible water weight
Lean Body Mass (Kg) X 15 (g/Kg) X 4 X 2.2(lb/Kg) / 1000 (g/Kg)

Maximum possible water weight
Lean Body Mass (Kg) X 25 (g/Kg) X 5 X 2.2(lb/Kg) / 1000 (g/Kg)

So at 70 Kg of LBM my body could hold 9 to 19 lbs of water weight from glycogen stores.

Would this not depend on how many fat cells are left in your body? Peoples fat cell size vs number of fat cells is not always the same.

No it's based solely on Lean Body Mass. Yes fat cells hold water, but that's not what matters. If I reach my goal weight, I'll have very little body fat anyways.

So we all know fasting and keto depletes glycogen stores. When we start eating normal to bulk or eat a non-keto refeed, we will store some glycogen. Glycogen is stored in muscle cells and the liver, so we only need to look at LBM.

The body can store 15 to 25 grams of glycogen per Kg of LBM.
For each gram of glycogen the body holds 3 to 4 grams of water.

Does anyone else just want to lay down after a refeed? Like I have tons of energy fasting and then my body just gives up after some calories come in lol

are you eating carbs on refeeds?

Is it true fasting can boost your levels of ldl cholesterol?

Mebbe

It's just your body going into hyperdrive to digest and absorb nutrients.
My tummy gets super warm on refeeds when it didn't really before.

This. My legs get cramps sometimes after a refeed just from stretching and light cardio, so I cut that out. I think your body is just giving every effort to the nutrition coming in. Now when I refeed, I just lay down for a nap afterwards

can't wait for a good plogging sesh later

Did 3x20 push ups today 48 hours into the fast. I am still a good 20lbs overweight. Should I just go ahead and lift tomorrow? Has anyone tried just staying fasted all week and lifting? How did it go?

>Yes, we have a few that do zerocarb, usually meat and cheese

Or I guess this is an option to stay in ketosis? I was going to not do carbs before this fast...and then didnt.

How much did you lose on the week-long fast? Did you workout during? I am and just saw your post.

>fast
>feel great light energetic 0 inflammation and pain

>eat what is considered a well balanced meal
>instant backpain stiffness max inflammation

Something I'm eating causes my back pain and inflammation. I'm actually considering going 0 carb carnivore
If at least as an elimination experiment to figure out what causes this bullshit

Strangely I got back pain on the end of day 4 of a fast I was on. Pretty sure I wasn't /sip/ing enough snake juice and was missing some electrolytes. Getting out of bed felt absolutely trash.

Lifting to the point of failure, while fasted longer than 72 hours, increases the risk of becoming catabolic. Instead do lower weight with high reps, calisthenics, isometric holds, and LISS cardio.

Now if you plan on eating within 12 hours of your workout? You can go all out. Same goes for the first 24 hours after a meal. Go hard. Burn the glycogen.

But during a long fast, dial it back. Snek man used to recommend a fasted daily full-body workout where you did 2 sets (1 warmup and 1 working set) of all the major lifts. Lighter weights. No grinders. That video is still up

>Snek man

What do you guys honestly think about Cole? Do you agree that he's got our best interests at heart?

I do great during the day. In fact I haver more energy while fasting because I'm not drowsy and sluggish from digesting. But night time is awful. I'm restless and can't stop thinking about FOOD. how do you make sleeping more manageable?

Attached: blind girls celery.jpg (739x631, 67.01K)

I like Cole. He calls you fat when no one else will

Magnesium. Chamomile tea. Melatonin. Theanine

I sleep great while fasting. It's when I refeed that I can't sleep because the farts start
>and you never trust a fart

I used to fast at the start of the year and I never farted, but now I'm fasting and I'm farting pretty often, been breaking my fasts with salads and shit so I can poop.

this is what I love about carnivore. I never shit besides a random squirt to clean it out.

I used to be on the carnivore diet while I was fasting last year, but isn't meat with veges better than just plain meat?

wagmi user

Attached: Capture.jpg (991x721, 64.66K)

Depends on the person. I do better with 90% animal products. Eggs steak butter liver fish broth oysters cheese. To each his own

>veins on the lower abs
Literally my only goal in life

today i read a 2014 study about protein overfeeding, there were giving control group around 1.6/2.2 g/kg and HP 4.4g/kg, carbs and fat where the same so HP was overfeeding by around 800calories, at the end of 8week study they didnt find any differnt in fat mass but also didnt find any differnce in lean mass either, the study was done of trained/training individuals, suggesting that at worst protein basically doesnt contribute to fat mass at all, other studies done previously did find excess protein increased muscle protein synthesis.

just good lighting user, otherwise they arent visible, im like 13-14%bf, cant really get lower as somehow body downregulates my metabolism and i lose zero fat, feel extremely hungry and tired

> Lately I've been fasting 5-7 days on repeat
So 5 to 7 day fast back to back? How do you find it?

Would doing OMAD with only 8 eggs a day kill me or I can do it?

Attached: 1614601768826.jpg (1920x2560, 636.68K)

if thats you, you look fantastic. well done.

yup its me, ty.

Were you much fatter before that? if so, how much did you weigh?

In the first picture i weight 82kg and im 182cm, basically i had no muscle, before the first picture was taken i did IF+keto for around 5months and i weighted around 95kg at start.
Now today (the second picture is taken today) i weighted 68.45kg, im on 2600cal right now and im still somehow losing weight, if i dont start gaining weight in 1 week im bumping my calories up to 3000cal.

for some reason i didnt take a pic of me at 95kg, i guess i was disgusted by my own body so much i was afraid to look even at mirror, I guess it would look impossible to lose 60lbs of fat in 1year and have no lose skin, while also being natty and gaining some muscle.

I found that that doing mostly keto with minimal carbs like rice or potatos works great for eating once a day. You're still losing weight and getting extra energy to work out.

you'll get scurvy

I want to reduce sugar but going cold turkey is not an option.

Digesting food produces heat. Your metabolism actually increases somewhat from baseline during the first three days of a fast, all that adrenaline and cortisol will do that.

Been doing 48-hour fasts once per week. I never cared about what to break the fast with so I always end up getting the runs when I break it.
Is this healthy? Am I doing any kind of long-term damage by breaking my fast with whatever and then just dealing with the aftermath?
Also it does mean that I can't break my fast on a workday because I can't just run to the bathroom whenever I want. So if I wanted to stop this, what would I need to break my fast with?