...How the fuck were you supposed to figure out how to get the Golden Chocobo without a guide?

...How the fuck were you supposed to figure out how to get the Golden Chocobo without a guide?

Attached: 1559501814004.gif (500x368, 180.52K)

a lot of time and experimenting

Chocobo Sage gives you tips if you keep talking to him.

Attached: ChocoboSage.png (146x167, 33.6K)

YOU HAVE TO SEARCH ALL THE CHOCOBO TRACKS IN THE WORLD

NYUM NYUM

You weren't supposed to figure it out without a guide all too easily. That's the point. The idea at the time was being able to do it with a guide... then the one who got the golden Chocobo could boast to his friends, making these friends jealous wanting to get the golden Chocobo, too, so they go and buy the guide as well, and thus the guide is bought more and more and good money is made. At least that was the plan at the time, but with the spread of access to the internet, this business-model for selling guides was eventually no longer viable.
He was rather vague about things though.

Why do you need a guode for optional content inside optional content.

because you need the Golden Chocobo to get the Knights of the Round Table Materia.

Attached: 1629121822125.gif (675x473, 3.41M)

Or you could get master summon by beating emerald weapon, provided you're not playing on the OG jap version.
Bradygames made millions off this strat. Internet wasn't really a thing then. There was usenet but that was mostly a university thing (and you can still see people discussing FF7 strats on there much like todd howard's shilling). AOL went from hourly rates to a monthly fee in 97 but it didn't become widespread until later. So what were you gonna do if you see those two fucking monsters and a bunch of inaccessible islands? You buy the game guide!

They used to make guidebooks back in the day, and these ain't gonna sell themselves.

>give them the top quality food
>breed them
>feed the resulting chocobo top quality food
>breed it with other highest quality chocobos
>repeat
>gold chocobo

zoomers really do have brain rot from the cocktail of pharmaceutical drugs and fentanyl laced xanax they've been fed all there life. No wonder Billy Eyelash looks like she has a sub 60 IQ with her droopy dead eyed look.

Attached: 1652785711117.jpg (344x342, 18.21K)

I hope they make this actually good and fun in rebirth, not that they have failed or given me a reason to think they wont make it good

>without a guide

Attached: 51waQQmIgAL.jpg (357x500, 40.22K)

This. Guides were the proto-dlc, where if you didn't get them, you were virtually locked out of in-game content.

Buy using your brain. We had one back in the day unlike retarded zoomers nowadays

Attached: 507.jpg (600x600, 28.77K)

>"Buy" using your brain

Attached: 1531366618693.png (645x729, 64.08K)

they wanted you to buy the guide

>Billy mentions Sage is..... somewhere
>get flying ship later in game
and all there's left to do is land at that out of place cabin you see when your flying around the northern continent
easy!!

Attached: 20170916144156_1.jpg (960x540, 108.65K)

>Someone actually saved my gif
You don't know how happy this makes me.

Attached: 1619925597870.png (187x200, 54.24K)

Chole records it pretty easy to understand.
>A "Great Chocobo" and a "Good Chocobo" are found... On an island Southeast of the Chocobo Sage's dwelling at Corel. And in the area west of Corel. The "Carob Nut" can be found south of the Chocobo Sage's dwelling. Monsters carry them. Let's see, is Bone Village just south of there?
>One surprise If you get the "Mountain Chocobo" and the "River Chocobo" to produce an egg, you'll get a Chocobo that can cross mountains and rivers. I bet that the right nut for that is the "Carob Nut".
If you mate the Mountain-and- River Chocobo with a "Wonderful Chocobo", you'll get an Ocean Chocobo. But to do that you can't use an ordinary Nut.
>The "Nut" that produces Ocean Chocobos is the "Zeio Nut". This is the first I've ever heard of it. I wonder where you get them?
>Zeio Nuts are found on a little island east of the Chocobo Sage. "Goblins" have them. With this, you can produce an "Ocean Chocobo". >According to my research, Mountain, river, and ocean Chocobos are hard to produce. But, if you take the right care of the Chocobo, and increase their Class ranking by winning at the races, it'll increase your chances of getting one.

Also if you really just can't stand it, you get a gold chocobo for free from beating Ruby Weapon.

>make it to Materia Keeper
>See item off to the left
>Powersoul for Tifa
>WOW WTF THESE STATS SUCK I'LL JUST SELL IT FOR MONEY
>Play FF7 again decades later
>turns out Powersoul is one of Tifa's most powerful weapons that let's get do nearly quadruple the damage everyone else is doing

There's a lot of just hidden shit like that. How many people would intentionally inflict death sentence on their own party member just to see what would happen?

>what is gamefaqs.com

>the internet wasn't really a thing
Holy what the fuck am I reading? Less common, sure but by '97 internet service was flying into new homes every day. Lots of kids had internet access or usually at least a friend that did.

>selling equipment
>EVER
Anyone with experience in old school rpgs know that's a terrible idea

You know understand that old big titles were as garbage as the ones released today, it's just that the jewish tricks were done in different ways. Practically on-disk DLC with a convoluted buying process.