What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Attached: kofxv.jpg (616x353, 142.82K)

Legacy game, its ability to attract new people was limited from the start

The online play blows cocks but the rooms fix that and I miss pretzel inputs, other than that, nothing.

Attached: 4E134ABB-D8F0-4A36-8693-1E4958724205.jpg (692x1280, 62.91K)

Same as every fighting game, no crossplay

People had problems with online, story failed to deliver the hype, but to be honest the only real problem is that it's a very mediocre game in sea of games.

literally the most sucessfull KOF ever

Too much "game essence"

that has to be a really sad statement on kof lol

What will be your excuse when the crossplay patch comes?

Multiverses proved you don’t have to have a good fighting game to be successful if it’s free. $50, too steep of a learning curve, no crossplay, ps2 graphics.

>What went wrong?

it looks like a mobile game

Not as long as sony is around

The devs have confirmed it will be added in an update at EVO though.

>too steep of a learning curve

Attached: 5e5429102d43ef27252cdaacf92a3354.png (281x281, 68.74K)

Oh nice, shame it doesn't seem to say anything about samsho crossplay I was dumb enough to buy on epic

UMMM it's totally on you not understanding game development and covid!!!! wear a mask!!!!!!!

Attached: kofxv ambitious.png (1280x720, 1.41M)

+ got rid of most the new characters from 14
+ improved graphics
+ old favs make a comeback

- no kim
- max mode combos
- graphics are still shit
- characters have insane execution learning curve
- characters all have to resort to a command normal in order to extend combos
- character viability is determined by high damage output and low effort
- tools or options don't matter, if character can land a jab into 80%+ damage they are automatically top tier

i.e. Terry Bogard being able to instakill by doing neo max

>went from looking like a late ps2 game to an early ps3 game
>online was terrible and still remains a buggy mess
>it is still ultimately KoF and no sane person is going to jump into a series this old first time, and anyone who has played these games before and didn't stick with it is not going to come back either

It did well in the regions where it was guaranteed to do well (China, South America, and any third world country in the middle east and europe) and that's what matters since it was their only target audience. No one in America will ever care about KoF. With the exception of Mai and Terry, no one in Japan will ever care about it either.

>improved graphics
it's such a small degree of improvement most people would think it's the same level of graphics as xiv
and i wouldn't blame them
of course the mark would be like AHHH YOU'RE BLIND IT'S TOTALLY SUPER DUPER IMPROVED ITS OBVIOUS
what's also obvious is that most normalfags aren't even playing it, which some want to blame for the long waiting times in matchmaking when the truth is snk is full of mediocre talent from programming to modeling and even the music is actually a downgrade from the old 90s period and supporting 2d art is so-so
so many strikes against this game, but surely CAPTAIN KOFXVMARK will save the day from my tyranny of hating on kofxv!

Attached: terry muscular atrophy.jpg (1920x1080, 355.56K)

>Announced a Season Pass a month before the game itself was even out
>Made aged up Rock Howard canon, after already disrespecting the embargo on the behalf of former SNK devs, on top of throwing the timeskip in the trash with Gato and B. Jenet once more looking the same as they would've at least half a decade later.

It will be THREE blows to the chest if Garou 2 is not even fucking good despite doing this much to foreshadow it.

i could be like "where you at bitchass motherfucker" to the guy who wants to defend kofxv's honor
but i don't need to
kofxv already defeated itself just by being a mediocre game where its only reliance is being a "great kof game" and the fact that it got there by minor tweaks of the kofxiv gameplay to the point that it might as well just have been a balance patch for xiv is quite a joke and the only upgrade is rollback really
everytime someone says "sylvieschizo btfo" i don't even have to acknowledge it as fact
i can just see it as rent freeism

No Kim AND Daimon.

Attached: 1660790612969217.png (380x370, 211.7K)

>it's such a small degree of improvement most people would think it's the same level of graphics as xiv
Why would someone go on the internet and lie through their teeth like a psycho?

Attached: 8567967.png (667x511, 366.64K)

>lie
lol
i dunno, liar, you tell me
well you wouldn't because that'd be admitting something which you won't do

People memed Kim into dlc-to-come, Daimon is still missing and probably will remain like that considering the lack of mentions.

>complete non sequitur
Caught lying about the graphical presentation and now floundering like an idiot. Thanks for playing. Now fuck off and crawl back into your hole.

Attached: 75467548.png (681x513, 407.56K)

yeah that's such a big improvement lol

Attached: coolroll.png (153x132, 3.17K)