Why did his arms grow?

why did his arms grow?

Attached: DqlUd7EUUAAXdQt.jpg (720x394, 67.78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ozQTQjVCcUg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It was an attempt to grab the ledge

Boomers marveled at how realistic this was

wrong camera lenes used to film

Attached: dfg.jpg (1369x2048, 245.5K)

he was being spaghettified by the intense gravity

HE HAS NO STYLE
HE HAS NO GRACE

I literally thought they actually unironically threw a person off a building for real

puppet sculpt with long arms

Attached: 20DA527B-1013-45B7-8E6A-7E16F13CCB66.jpg (1666x803, 136.21K)

It represented the reach that corporations had.

He was liquid metal

Fish eye lens.

>Jesus loves me thiiiiiis mu-

You see when you fall gravity pulls you down and your body weighs more than your arms so his body fell faster and stretched his arms out while he was falling.

It's literally the only moment of bad special effects in the entire film, zoomlet.
Now go find some green-screen capeshit to watch.

Attached: C183E410-1A29-49D0-8703-D481487B6CE6.gif (500x267, 993.8K)

fuck you i cant unsee it now

kek

Puppeteer strike.

the big bad robot in robocop 2 creeps me out to this day

ED-309 has 3 scenes in the film. In each of them it looks like an unstoppable killing machine, then ends in comedy where it looks foolish.

Why use a puppet at all, when they could have suspended the actor on wires in front of a bluescreen?

Why didn't they just go it practical and shove him out of a building?

That's been done plenty of times with wires and / or airbag

or they could have used a large mannequin.
youtu.be/ozQTQjVCcUg

That was a core idea in the film. Dick's bot was like many other corporate products, looks good at first and really impresses people so they buy it, then theres maintenance contracts and spare parts, etc that keeps the money rolling in for years. And they don't really care if it works. I'm sure in the next year ot two they were just waiting to unveil the new multimillion dollar stair walking mod. Morton was going against this and wanted to deliver something that worked (but wouldn't generate all that extra money or points for Dick), so Dick killed him.

he was Inspector Gadget but the company realised how shit he'd look next to Robo

Attached: 1633659434527.png (725x512, 762.9K)

Why didn't kys retard

Was this the worst special effects decision ever made? Like not literally the "worst" special effects ever, but maybe ask why they decided to go with some weird claymation arms that clearly look out of proportion in frame, instead of something else like just basic green screen?