Not so bright friend managed to get an associate sysadmin job at a big company with virtually no experience with...

>not so bright friend managed to get an associate sysadmin job at a big company with virtually no experience with computers, let alone linux or programming
>turns out his uncle works at the company in a different department and somehow pulled some strings to get him in
>none of his coworkers or manager respect him because he literally has no idea what he is doing
how long is he going to last? why couldn't I have been born with uncles/aunts/family in high ranking positions at large companies?

Attached: IMG_1410.png (378x357, 62.69K)

bump

wrong picture

Attached: 2f7.jpg (601x508, 31.38K)

test

bump

stfu

OP here
I'm obviously happy for my friend (he basically had no chance of employment a normal route) but I'm really curious as to how far he can get with basically knowing nothing about his job.
From what I gather from the stories he tells me the manager essentially cannot punish him as his uncle would intervene

will they hang him when theres a data breach and their everything is held crypto hostage or leaked to china? cause dumb ass changes his password to a 4 number pin cause he cant remember and opened up a wall for his remote work?

>how long is he going to last?
probably a long time.

I don't think his work allows WFH but I am 99% sure if it did, he wouldn't know how to log in remotely
that's where his computer skills stand
Even favor hires should have limits right? There's no way he'd ever become a full fledged sysadmin working alone right?

bump

>Even favor hires should have limits right? There's no way he'd ever become a full fledged sysadmin working alone right?

I'm sure the standards are so low that he only physically needs to show up on time, and barely do anything above that. Plus there is always the possibility that his Uncle knows something is up. The entire company might be at risk of crashing or going underwater or something. Not worth intervening, but worth keeping an eye on. They might be planning on laying off a bunch of people. This he gets unemployment, etc.

i imagine anyone who knows how to use google could be a sysadmin
idk tho

Attached: Yuna_Punching_01.jpg (1799x1011, 80.79K)

bump

No, all of his coworkers are fairly competent and poke fun at him behind his back.
Uncle to my knowledge isn't C level or anything super high like that
Company has literally 0% of failing.
He's extremely incompetent when it comes to IT related stuff
If you give him a few hours he can install ubuntu following a guide but that's about the extent of his IT/sysadmin related ability

you could ask if he needs some help and tech him OP, you're supposed to be his friend after all...

Google Ultron or Adobe Reader.

bump

I have similar friends; got into relatively high tech engineer position despite not being tech-savvy, thanks to a relative. They do eventually learn the trade and get competent, the problem is they tend to stagnate on their position. Maybe because they think they owe something to the relative/ can't move forwards on their own?

>how long is he going to last?
As long as his uncle does. The power that brought him in will keep him in.

the interesting thing is that the uncle is in a completely unrelated department... it's also a public company...

maybe ur fren and his uncle can help u get a job there too, OP

Attached: Kumayuru_And_Kumakyuu_Cute_01.jpg (1800x1012, 73.02K)

his coworkers will eventually get tired of his shit and he's going to get fired, and then when some higher level manager finds out how he got hired his uncle will get fired too

bump