Did I mess up and buy speakers far too large for my office setup...

Did I mess up and buy speakers far too large for my office setup? I think the only way they'll fit is if I lay them sideways. I can't put them on stands because it's a standing desk.

Attached: index.jpg (1920x1080, 313K)

use stands that clamp to the desk

Attached: 12601241_800.jpg (600x600, 18.38K)

Seems like you have an extra monitor you could get rid of

Cut holes in the desk and recess the speakers in them angled at your fuggin' face, homie.

Eh, I feel like it'd be less painful if I just bought smaller, *better* speakers like Audioengine A2+. Much more expensive but then I don't have all these shit hanging off my desk.
Perhaps this time I'll actually measure how much space I have instead of being fucking stupid and just assuming "bookshelf" speakers mean they're small.

Attached: audioengine.jpg (959x856, 42.74K)

the edifiers are already tiny, you don't want anything even smaller
audioengine are a meme, speakers for ants sound like shit

Hmm, I've just started reading about the A2+ and they definitely sound like a meme.
Perhaps I just need to *make* room for these speakers then. They were only £100. Reckon it'd be okay if I lay them horizontally?

No the problem is your retarded layout small desk and very likely useless monitor. As far as speakers go you can only go so small. Even iLoud MTMs won't fit with a layout this cramped on a desk this small. Since you have a SFF PC make use of the damn thing and cram it anywhere but on your desktop. The monitor has to go if you want a sensible setup imo. Desk is just too small. Get arms that allow you to set them up vertically at least. These speakers can be laid on the side as long as you prop them up a bit and make sure the tweeters are on the inside and pointing at you and not the woofers. You may be able to fit them under the monitor this way. You won't be able to fix this with clamp on stands either.
Yes. Just move the PC to give them space.

Don't look big enough.

horizontally..
meme or not, cute as fuck

>small desk
>Desk is just too small.
Space is a premium in my house so I'm not going to be getting a bigger desk any time soon. I mean, it's a 140cm wide desk which is pretty standard? I suppose I could go for a 160cm desk but anything bigger than that is too much for my office space.
>very likely useless monitor.
I tend to code on two files at once with the ultrawide, and have documentation on the second monitor to the left; it's not useless by any means and won't be going I'm afraid.
> The monitor has to go if you want a sensible setup imo.
But I wouldn't be anywhere near as productive.
>These speakers can be laid on the side as long as you prop them up a bit and make sure the tweeters are on the inside and pointing at you and not the woofers.
Might be the best option. I'll see what I can do. I think you guys have definitely convinced me not to go for small, meme speakers though, so thank you.

why not mount the monitors on top of each other
I think that's one of the best setups for dual monitor plus audio because you just need the space to the left and right to set up the speakers correctly

comfy desk

Nigga do you not have wooden planks to make your own shelf for speakers?

how would would you motorize the shelves to sync with the standing desk? Rails up the wall or rather chains pulling up from the ceiling?

You could either do this or buy wall mounts and mount them behind the monitors, those speakers have a remote anyway

>mount them to the wall
>put the left one behind the left monitor and the right one in the book shelf
>put them on the ground below the desk
>put your case on the ground to make room for your right speaker
stop being retarded. there are plenty of options.

Never put 2 way speakers so the the listening position is below axis. Wall mounting is improper.

Putting them behind the monitor ? Below the desk ? You're the retard. Might as well get headphones.

pretty sure the guy who bought shit before knowing where to put it is the retard.

We can both be retarded that's fine.

These are the same price as the Audioengine A2+ and have very similar dimensions, and they support wireless too. I think I'll try these out first.

Attached: Screenshot 2022-09-16 at 13.01.20.png (2420x1456, 1.06M)