Hardcodes passwords into powershell scripts

>hardcodes passwords into powershell scripts
Heh, nothing personal kid

Attached: images (3).jpg (715x429, 29.32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2022/09/15/technology/uber-hacking-breach.html
youtube.com/watch?v=JY88Yx21D7U
twitter.com/AnonBabble

lol who does that?
What happened?

>powershell

The worst scripting language known to man. No wonder the people writing shit in it are tarded

I do that sometimes kek

>The person who claimed responsibility for the hack told The New York Times that he had sent a text message to an Uber worker claiming to be a corporate information technology person. The worker was persuaded to hand over a password that allowed the hacker to gain access to Uber’s systems, a technique known as social engineering.
nytimes.com/2022/09/15/technology/uber-hacking-breach.html

Powershell is good

>person with enough access to lead to full breach is dumb enough to hand over password to random text
wew

oh my sweet, summer child. that is not how it works in corporations, thats tooo expensive
all devs have all access, and its all unlogged
the code is too bloated for anything else, obviously, money, time, national security, regulation motivations, profiteering securities fraud suits
youtube.com/watch?v=JY88Yx21D7U

good morning sirs

>a technique known as social engineering
It's called lying
I fucking hate journalists

what are you talking about dipshit, Kevin Mitnick popularised the term and literally wrote the book on it.

>In addition, a number of media outlets reported on the unavailability of kosher meals at the prison where he was incarcerated.
I said I fucking hate journalists.

>he had to google him
sad

I've encountered a similar situation.
The admin hardcoded his email's password in a cronjob so it can send the daily system report to himself. I don't why he doesn't just make a separated email account for that.

His email is tied to the cloud service's account, so all of their web servers got compromised.

It's not like it's a typical last name for them ya know

>t.powershelllet
literally the scripting language of the future

lmao the term 'social engineering' has been around longer than you've been alive

>microsoft engineered garbage

Sure powershell is great to know for shits and giggles, but actually working with the garbage bloat that is a windows environment will make you want to commit suicide. If you want to script something right and have some freedom with it, use python, golang, or any other language that makes it easy with the 6 gorrilion libraries that come with it. Hell even good old fashioned bash is better. I have a massive hate boner for powershell because it screams pajeet tier design and troubleshooting errors is actual cancer. Just look at how fucking verbose it is:

Invoke-Command -ComputerName OP-IS-A-FAG -ScriptBlock { Get-WmiObject etc etc etc…}

Like ain’t nobody got time to type all that shit out even in ISE (fix your shit there too microsoft half the time my scripts don’t work in ISE till I .\ it via command line) and sometimes your shit can get up to 400-600 lines of code.

Also -eq instead of == and all the other operators annoy the fuck out of me but that’s a me gripe

All I have to say is ever since I stopped using powershell my life has gotten way better as a network admin.

powershell is massive cope for not having shell and realizing that cmd is impossible to use
i feel like windows and linux are polar opposite
>linux gtk is shit you rather use terminal for everything
>windows cmd is shit you rather use gui for everything

don’t forget using `n as a newline operator, that one always makes me rage

>not using PowerShell Core on your free as in free gnu/linux operating system

Deprecating Perl was a mistake.

I use it in Azure with the Azure cmdlets. I like it there.