Why are alt-chans dying?

Why are alt-chans dying?
First it was thou who shalt not be named, then hispa and 420.
What is going on? Image not related.

Attached: 1661946295009034.jpg (474x697, 75.2K)

They're cliquish and don't want outsiders flooding in from Any Forums.
Alt-chans only exist because a group of users got bullied or overmoderated here on Any Forums and they don't want a repeat of that, so they stay quiet and never promote their tiny alt-chan, lest it get spammed with CP by glowies.

I'm on a few alt-chans, no, I won't tell you which ones.

>lest it get spammed with CP by glowies
This happened to the one altchan I liked. I hate the internet. But at the same time most of these people deserve to not be on Any Forums and kuz is a faggot

They were all shit anyway.

>fragmented userbase
>poor choices during site development
>"wild west" moderation mentality that is constantly overwhelmed by bots, CP spammers, legitmate glowniggers, DDoS, etc.
This is the inevitable fate of every alt-chan. And if anyone posts something big with a ring of truth to it, the site is CP bombed to hell and back until the owner gives up or the webhost dumps them.

Someone post the wall of text about why alt-chans can't survive because of NGOs and glowies posting cp and other horrid shit.

why bother?
The chinese slide-bots will spam it to you every time you mention alt-chans.

The webring is still up to my knowledge but its pretty dead. if this site ever takes a big hit, Mark better be ready for an influx of users at .moe

"frens" is alive

Test

Test2

Test3

Lambdaplusjs benefits a bit by not being on the clearnet. People think Tor boards would get more CP spam but it's by far the other way around.

Smug seems fine and that's the only site on the webring I really care about.

there's 0 gain from big user base
only big expenses

An alt-chan with only 100 regular users, an already unrealistic stretch, can run on a $5/year VPS with only a few gigabytes of storage.

kuz is based

> $5/year
no such thing

users are irrelevant , multiply them x10 for the real viewers , most ppl don't post but they pull MBs

What's stopping you from running it on your home internet connection then?

Exactly why I'd never run one there's nothing you can do. People will spam you with that shit. I don't want to get in trouble.

Any Forums is so "curated" these days with all those soft rangebans it might as well be Reddit with slur usage

lmfao the best thing this site can do is ban all phoneposters