Apple told the U.S. lawmakers just 3 days ago it's not using flash memory from YMTC...

Apple told the U.S. lawmakers just 3 days ago it's not using flash memory from YMTC, a Chinese state-owned enterprise based in Wuhan, China, and has only considered using YMTC memory for units to be shipped to China in future.

A Chinese tech reviewer sourced iPhone 14 units from Mainland China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, S. Korea, and Japan and found chips bearing YMTC part numbers on all of them.

Apple appears to have blatantly lied to U.S. Senators somehow believing they will be allowed to get away with it.

Attached: 1663293225900.jpg (404x670, 48.87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2022-09-15/patagonia-has-no-more-owners?srnd=premium
macrumors.com/2021/12/26/iphones-without-sim-card-slot-2022-rumor/
macrumors.com/2022/09/14/apple-promotes-esim-benefits-for-iphone/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I mean congress is full of dumb boomers that are paid off by apple. So it doesn’t really matter

how exactly did they lie? they have 2 skus, one for the USA and one for the rest of the world. If they use different chips here in the US, then they clearly told no lie technically.

>Mainland China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, S. Korea, and Japan
same country, next thread please

>Apple appears to have blatantly lied to U.S. Senators somehow believing they will be allowed to get away with it.
they will kek, boomers think smartphones arent computers

>and has only considered using YMTC memory for units to be shipped to China
>units to be shipped to China
>units from Mainland China
Gee, I wonder why he got the YTMND chips or whatever they're called.

Go ahead US gov tell apple they can't do something.
They are literally spying on the entire world for you.
The US gov will have a public tizzy and fine Apple but it'll be quickly reinvested as a grant and back to business as usual.

>Apple appears to have blatantly lied to U.S. Senators somehow believing they will be allowed to get away with it.
based apple

why is the picture in chinese? obviously iphones made with parts not allowed in the US are going to be sold in china, if it's cheaper.
don't chinese iphones have chinese spyware too?

Lol here comes flashgate. Rampant NAND failure inbound.

So the technical advisors to the US Senators and their relevant subcommittees think that NAND chips can hijack a smartphone and phone home without anyone catching on?

No, they just want the flash memory fab that China put tens of billions dollars building to go out of business. There is a lot of suspicion that YMTC used Micron's trade secrets relayed to them by former Micron employees based in Taiwan, but the U.S. authorities can't verify it without going into YMTC fabs to gather evidence, and they obviously don't have jurisdiction to investigate in China.

LETS GO SECURITIES FRAUD AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2022-09-15/patagonia-has-no-more-owners?srnd=premium

if you are in Europe should you try getting the US SKU on a vacation?

No because you won't have sim card slots

There are SIM card slots??

Outside of the US yes. A slot or slots, not sure because I'm not an iToddler. I use xiaomeme shit and probably already had these chips for years lmao.

I thought you were talking about MacBooks with SIM card slots. All iPhones have SIM card slots for now. The eSIM-only ones are a future rumor:
macrumors.com/2021/12/26/iphones-without-sim-card-slot-2022-rumor/

US SKU iPhone 14 literally don't have a physical SIM slot.

Attached: 1663303808976.jpg (1080x713, 44.65K)

oh, literally as of this week. macrumors.com/2022/09/14/apple-promotes-esim-benefits-for-iphone/
TIL. thanks user

are you saying the patagonia guy sold his company to dodge charges? what does that have to do with iphone memory?