Can I actually program in C? Or is it used to make compilers and OSes only? Python pretty much outnumbers C in tools eg...

Can I actually program in C? Or is it used to make compilers and OSes only? Python pretty much outnumbers C in tools eg. Variadic functions, and type checking.

Attached: images (10).jpg (482x636, 40.14K)

C is statically typed you fucking mongoloid

bump

Yes, you can do anything you want with C. Its treated as a first class citizen by the graphics API Vulkan, so you can use it to make vidya gaems and rendering engines. Blender is largely written in C.

yeah, it hacks

bump

No, this language is outdated. Nobody really programs in this anymore.

test

you can't program anything cuz you're a fag OP lmao

bump

bump

bump

>Can I actually program in C?
Yes. learn embedded systems, it makes you appreciate hardware resources more. if you like systems programming, you can surely find a project in C

bumpp

bump

bump

bump

Why don't you people stop making these stupid fucking threads and actually write some shit in C and Python? You morons make 1000 threads a days asking about whether or not they can program in obviously never having programmed jack shit, lacking the context to even know what it means to program something in ANY language. And no, your first year undergrad assignments are not actual programming, which you'll see if you ever advance to making cool or useful shit.

because work time is spent shitposting and theory crafting on how to spend your free time

CAN you program in C? I don't know because I don't know you. MAY you? Of course, people do it all the time. I'm a systems software engineer so naturally most of what I program in is C. Also a little bit of other things like Python, assembly, Java, Lua, Lisp, Perl and Verilog.
One thing I didn't realize would happen in my career is the sheer number of programming languages and environments I'd be exposed to. Experience in common programming languages is expected for any software engineer. But then, in my line of work, you have all sorts of supporting languages you have to at least understand: make, shell, m4, lex/yacc, MatLab, linker script/description for various toolchains, debugger scripts. All sorts. When I stop and think about it, it's madness.

You can also have variadic functions in C as well.