He still has the "hide extension for know file types" checked

I'm a developer, and IMO it is unacceptable for someone to be a developer and use windows with the file extension hidden. Anyone who has this option checked should be fired immediately.

Attached: hide-file-extensions-windows-7-4.jpg (409x566, 64.5K)

>he uses winblows

i truly don't understand why this is the default option
who does this help? how would it help normies or literally anyone?

NO ONE should have this option.
it promotes tech illiteracy.

>it is unacceptable for someone to be a developer and use windows
true facts

LinkinParkDiscography.mp3.exe

It’s very helpful to malware authors. Thanks to the default, you can easily make a trojan by renaming trojan.exe to demilovato.jpg.exe

Exactly.
Helping malware spread is the only reason this feature exists.

This sounds ridiculous at first but PC manufacturers want an OS that's prone to malware because it justifies them pre-installing some 3rd party anti-virus which pays them for every install.
That in turn makes Windows devices cheaper, with helps Microsoft sell more copes.

>im a developer
>windows
lmao, keep at it crud monkey

Not him but
I use Winblows + MS Office and a dedicated ubuntu server like any working man should.

>>im a developer
>>windows
>lmao, keep at it crud monkey

If someone needs something on linux. Just install WSL2.

Also Visual Studio is the best IDE ever. Period.

Showing extensions is a must, I just wish renaming files wasn't such a hassle because of it.

Attached: 1635004221048.png (418x498, 189.87K)

>Just install WSL2.
Lol peasant take
Built your own remote linux PC/server is the developer choice

As usual, mac os handles this the correct way by letting you hide filenames on an individual file basis.

Attached: hide-extention.png (264x297, 15.57K)

hide file extensions I mean

WSL is one of the buggiest things I have ever used. It's a glorified Docker image testing tool.

>hide filenames
>takes 2x to do one thing
>mac user
yup this checks out

who cares
find a hobby

He still uses Microsoft's "Windows".

Attached: kubuntu.22.04.jpg (1361x767, 337.82K)

fpbp

It helps normies who would change the file extensions and wouldn't know how to make their computer recognize the file again and open the correct application for it. normies don't read anything, they are basically Linus from LTT. They'll just click accept "do as I say" without reading what is going to happen brick their computer and then blame it on tech because they don't have any reading comprehension. The fastest way to get people to stop asking you for trouble shooting advice is the bubble wrap everything they use so they can't break it.