PopOS vs Ubuntu for Machine Learning

Ubuntu has been well known for it's #1 spot in the most popular distro for Machine Learning. However, the newer distro, Pop! OS, has gained much popularity in the past year. It specializes in a productive interface that aims towards developers. In addition, I have seen that Pop OS to be quite similar, and at times, better than Ubuntu.

So I raise this question: What is Pop! OS in terms of Machine Learning compared to Ubuntu? Does it stand higher than Ubuntu - the distro we had all trusted for many years? Or is it not yet ready to become the most preferred distro for ML development?

I would love to hear your opinion!

Attached: pop_os_vs_ubuntu qual sistema usar.jpg (800x450, 68.68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.edfloreshz.dev/articles/linux/system76/rust-based-desktop-environment/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I think you're a faggot, that my opinion

What makes you think this, kind sir?

How could anyone use a distro called “Pop!_OS” :(

Not OP but what distro should I use if I want to get into very demanding STEM computations?

Why would the distro matter? Just install Anaconda and VS Code.

Why? Any heavy workloads are run on servers. Just use something with a DE you like.

System76 is planning to get rid of GNOME in Pop!_OS next year and replace it with their new DE written from scratch called COSMIC, so that's something interesting.

blog.edfloreshz.dev/articles/linux/system76/rust-based-desktop-environment/

Attached: system76-rust-based-distro-ft.png (1200x675, 209.96K)

Thanks user

Get neither of these and use an Arch-based distro instead.

Also lurk before posting, and especially before making threads.

You sound easily manipulated.
PopOS or Ubuntu. They're both built for scientists, though Ubuntu has more hardware compatibility whereas PopOS has more things set up for you out of the box.
Lambdastack.
Sounds based, how will it compare
Been lurking for years, fuck off Reddit spacing faggot.

Snaps are awful and working around them is more effort than you deserve. Use Mint or PopOS. Get Ubuntu you want without most of Canonical's BS.

Attached: Ospicker.png (1559x1107, 219.56K)

For machine learning you just pull an image from docker hub. Atm they use Ubuntu 18.

Wdym,

Attached: 261.png (836x246, 31.83K)

what a shitty flowchart. where do you even start reading

Pick any one of the nodes and scroll back to its parent node dimwit it's just a simple root node finding algorithm

What I mean is that your distro doesn't matter. The docker container is going to be using Ubuntu 18.

>No mention of PopOS
>Completely offtopic to OPs question
Fuck off retard.

Not going to happen anytime soon, it's 9 months in development and it's not even at alpha stage, there is no usable nothing, they haven't touch their proof of concept compositor in a while
I think they are repeating Ubuntu mistake, they thought developing DE is easy, but it turns outs it's massive effort they don't have resource to put into, and will be back to GNOME soon

popos is anagram for poops

>poops

It's okay, everybody does it multiple times every day.

Well, at least they're supposed to be.