What the fuck is wrong with me? I decided to try linux and install mint and I don’t even know how to enable Wi-Fi…

What the fuck is wrong with me? I decided to try linux and install mint and I don’t even know how to enable Wi-Fi…

Attached: 50276859-1A53-4442-9CEC-E285539E97FD.jpg (2089x1810, 1.55M)

Do freetards really?

If this board lately is any indication, Yeah, they do.

Attached: 1635639806161.jpg (1400x700, 89.52K)

Connect with a cable and download the drivers.
Why are people so tech illiterate these days?

ewww, a cable? Fucking dinosaurs on these boards, baka frfr no cap on allah

Your WiFi cable is unplugged. Glad to help!

Can’t… I still have the usb stick from the installation, should I use that?

gentoo doesn't have this problem

>Can’t…
If you have a router, you have a cable.

just buy another stick to insert the drivers :D

I don’t have a router, my WiFi is provided by my apartment complex

Then download the drivers on another device and put it on your pc or get a wi-fi dongle.

you probably don't have the firmware installed.

I have a Wi-Fi dongle, or usb wifi stick or whatever, I just want to connect to the wifi damnit

if you plug in the livedisk your package manager (apt i think) should source its repos, if not you need to add them to sources

then install the appropriate driver

Install linux-firmware-nonfree or something like that.

>Hey man, just install the driver cable livedisk cock and ball dongle poo fuck whatever, it’ll fix your problem

These words mean absolutely nothing to me, can I use my fucking usb stick that I used to install Mint to also add the drivers?

No, if wifi doesn't work, they don't exist.

arch linux doesn't have this problem

Mint should come out of the box with non free firmware necessary for wifi cards. I don't remember if you had to tick some checkbox during the installation, though.

Unironically install Windows 10 instead

1) This didn't happen.
2) If you can't handle this, find a new hobby.
3) ?????
4) PROFIT!!!

Yawn* it does. It even comes with Nvidia drivers. You just go to additional drivers and enable them. If they're not there they don't exist for Linux.

Plug your phone into your computer with it's USB charging cable and use the mobile hotspot function to share the internet over USB. Then find out what drivers you need and download them with the package manager.

>he doesn't have a bunch of wifi usb dongles laying around that are supported by linux for scenarios like this
ngmi, those things are only like $3 or something these days

Using Linux Mint lol lmao

You start out with some bullshit like this. I'd just pull it from my Raspberry Pi 2. Then you try to troubleshoot the driver issue once you have the internet to help you. Despite what some of the faggots here might try to tell you the same thing happens on Windows as well if you plug in a device that doesn't have a driver included in the OS. Sure it supports more devices out of the box but you're up shits creek without a paddle if you buy one that isn't supported and expect to try to use it without an internet connection. Optical drives? Lmao we killed that shit years ago without caring about scenarios like this.

Attached: file.png (1147x320, 136.29K)

I had this same problem last time I used Linux, couldn't get the internet working, spent like a full day installing shit. No wonder they give it away for free

Windows does not support more devices out of the box. It automatically downloads drivers when it needs to but they are not included in the base installation.

Maybe they meant it detects drivers out of the box