How come nobody talks about them despite being Germany's Red Hat equivalent?

How come nobody talks about them despite being Germany's Red Hat equivalent?

Attached: 1663074194122067.png (1200x750, 60.97K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6sYHytyKN2-X93TurF3JptW8qSVm0DzA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because it just actually works

It uses Systemd. it's shit.

This
I'm sorry trips dubs beats just dubs

Question to pic rel user if hes still around. what exactly about suse do your partners see as promising, compared to redhat

Attached: 833.png (1060x92, 17.02K)

its not about power, its about technique.

Attached: 1449473506361.png (628x662, 568.12K)

I liked it but the bootloader asks me to type in the password twice and I wasn't bothered to fix it with their gay workaround

Is a dying distro, there is nothing to talk about

How is it dying? The company just went public

Should I get Leap or Tumbleweed?

I want to use KDE so the newer the packages the more polished. But this would be my work PC so I never ever want to deal with it not booting after an update. But I'm also afraid of what happens when Leap moves to ALP one day. Will there be a direct upgrade or do I need to reinstall? Will the opensuse version of ALP still offer KDE as a first choice desktop?

>But this would be my work PC so I never ever want to deal with it not booting after an update
won't be a problem with tumbleweed
if it ever goes tits up after an update you can just boot from earlier snapshot and continue on like nothing ever happened
or if you want to use leap know that they already have plans for leap 15.5 so its something like 2024-25 when the whole leap to alp realizes (guesstimate)

>How come nobody talks about them despite being Germany's Red Hat equivalent?
Because it is a part of the coalition of distros that are simply the best. It's not constantly shilled because it doesn't need to be. Debian, Ubuntu, CentOS, Arch, OSUSE/SUSE, RHEL, Fedora, etc. aren't fad downstream distros (Memejaro) or "anti-systemd" meme downstreams. Distros like OpenSuse have stature that speaks for itself.

What is such a meme about anti-systemd? it's bloated as fuck

I specified anti systemd *downstreams*. Really, any and all downstream shitstros should be rid of, but it gets worse when your downstream distro has something so fundamental as another init. Things like Artix also have lackluster repos (Artix OOTB doesn't have fucking Krita). You may as well use Gentoo or Void.
>muh bloat
On my life you cannot tell me a single example of "bloat" actually affecting your day to day usage.

>Germany red hat equivalent
Germany picked a fight with it's gas station, and now they don't have the power to heat their homes, let alone do CS.

Because it's shit, they constantly push shit that breaks something, and the worst part is that it takes a full week for fixes to land on a fucking iso.
And I'm not speaking of fucking leap which comes day one with fucking broken shit, for fucks sake, how can you advertise enterprise grade code and release an iso with fucking shit broken?

technically Ubuntu, RHEL/CentOS, and SLE are downstream distros (to Debian, Fedora, Opensuse Tumbleweed) but yes I get what you mean. All these new reddit distros like Manjaro, Endeavour, Garuda, Nobara, PopOS, Zorin, PureOS and so on are unnecessary

>Russia invades a European country (which they previously gave security guarantees to in exchange for Ukraine getting rid of their nuclear weapons)
>Germany: that's not nice, we're joining with the US/EU sanctions
>Russia: oops gas is stopped because of a "technical issue" which we won't fix
>user: why does Germany pick a fight with Russia wtf

openSUSSY

Attached: amongE.png (94x112, 16.07K)

They make based music
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6sYHytyKN2-X93TurF3JptW8qSVm0DzA

forsenE baj spotted