China doesn't make these anymore. Zoomers don't care about old PS/2 keyboards...

China doesn't make these anymore. Zoomers don't care about old PS/2 keyboards. Stock up now because soon you won't be able to get any

Attached: p10134a.jpg (300x300, 7.08K)

since it's adapted to usb do you even get the latency improvements from ps2 being interrupt-based? might as well just use USB at that point

Spoken like a true Any Forums poster.

bought one of these and it broke for no reason within 2 months. pieces of shit

This. Good fucking Christ this board is retarded.

what about these PCIE expansion cards, do they have the capability to interrupt?

All the ones I've seen are a bona fide PCIe to USB card with a built in USB to PS/2. Same with the PCI ones.

The utility of these card is kinda dubious but I can almost see how they are useful compared to just a plain USB adapter.

Let me guess you just got a bunch you're trying to sell on eBay at a retardly high price, so you're trying to make fake scarcity, even though they still make modern motherboards with PS/2.

What if you have a PS/2 keyboard or mouse you like and want to keep using it?
I agree that trying to use this to cut down on gaemurr latency is a waste of time.

What are you talking about? There are tonnes of these on eBay. Some of the sellers claim to be entirely based in the states, but I doubt that.

No

I'm quite literally using an 11th gen intel motherboard with a native ps/2 port right this second, I really doubt they're going anywhere. anyways there isn't any reason to use ps/2, any keyboard you might want to use has a modern superior version

*tons
fuck off poo

I had a whole bunch of PS/2 adapters plus some old PS/2 keyboards and a mouse.
I threw them all away in the last spring cleaning, good riddance.

You can buy new motherboards with native PS/2

No.

Sounds like a market opportunity to make and sell one. This is the kind of thing an amateur engineer could easily design on their own. Of course the chinks will copy it and undercut you the moment they see something profitable.

Good. If I wanted to make money designing overpriced shit, I'd get into the audiophile racket.

It's one of those things where if it could be done, it would have been done already.
Native PS/2 is ran through the super IO which is attached through the ISA, SPC, or SPI bus depending on platform and you as a user are not really meant to access that bus to do whatever.

There are MILLIONS of PS2 adapters lying around. More than enough to last for DECADES.
If you're worried, go ahead and visit a used computer store/recycle place and buy a handful of them for $1.

Gamers might actually pay audiophile prices for audiophile-tier improvements to latency. Would it be possible to make it even faster than ps/2 using something proprietary?

Very underrated post.

Motherfucker

buy a mobo that has ps/2 port you dumbass

Attached: snapshot_20.54_[2016.07.28_03.56.29].png (1920x1080, 3.27M)