Why are smartphones so expensive?

why are smartphones so expensive?

the standard iphone 14 128 gb version is 1000 Euros here in germany

won't there be a point where people simply won't buy the phones because they're too expensive?

Attached: rope.png (645x1260, 440.33K)

just stop being poor lmao

Wieso zum Fick möchtest du dir ein iPhone kaufen? Besteht dein Beruf aus Schwänze lutschen?

because apple is a luxury brand
you pay apple tax

>phones
iphone
1000 Euro
google pixel
600 Euro
some China brand
400 Euro

>computer
similar specs
macbook pro
2400 Euro
thinkpad t ryzen
1400 Euro

i suchen dich

you don't need a new phone. nor do i.

i'm trying to resist ordering the new Mi Mix Fold 2

i don't
i never bought a new phone
my current phone is a iphone 11 256 gb whcih i paid 180 for used
had to get the front camera and screen placed :/
thought i made a good deal
guess i didnt

reached that point a while ago, my last 2 phones were honor lol
i recently got a pocophone delivered from slovakia for 330 EUR, so my phone bill is a laughably small because im not paying off a phone on top of my plan
its mostly fine, but you get shit like ads in system apps, which takes some doing to completely avoid

Literally just bought a chink phone for €60. Works just as good as a €600.

>won't there be a point where people simply won't buy the phones because they're too expensive?
Normies need a highly visible status symbol in a day and age where expensive watches and designer clothes don't just cut it.

i pay 7 dollars a month for my phone bill and use a shitty chink phone with lineage os installed, it just works

I went to buy a non-flagship phone to travel with (Galaxy A03). It was $180 CAD. It stuttered opening the settings menu and when I locked it claimed my pin (which I had entered twice on setup and written down) was incorrect. I tried to do a factory reset but it wouldn’t turn off. I returned it to the store after less than 3 hours. I’ve got an iPhone 6s that I hate. I didn’t think it was possible for phones to get bigger than this one, but even the budget phones like the A03 are huge now. I want to just get a dumbphone but I’ve grown attached to having a decent camera in my pocket.

That’s honestly still a good deal unless the screens cost more than I am thinking. Flagship iPhones hold their value better than any other phone.

>here in germany
Hab dein Problem gefunden

Because retards are buying this shitty phones at silly prices even when the price skyrockets. Phones will become cheaper, when people stop buying

Attached: 1653024819977.gif (155x200, 28.83K)

So in other words phones are never going to get cheaper.

I have no idea man. I think it's an in-built deterrent since they're shit. Apple dumps its profits into bermuda and they get expunged for global inflation....

does anything really go cheaper in longterm?

Attached: 1652999182885.jpg (561x546, 28.83K)

I'm not sure if I should laugh or cry at this question.

no. even with inflation taken out of the equation everything gets more expensive. i wonder why (((that))) could happen in (((so many sectors)))

this

fuck you! it's your own fault, if you always >NEED< to have the newest apple shitshow!

It's been proven that there exists a group of people who are willing to pay $1,000 for a new phone roughly every other year. So companies are selling those people what they want to buy. If you are a poor, you can buy a budget phone from China or some shit.

Why would you spend that much on white goods.
Just buy something for 150 like everyone else with a brain

Stop buying iToddler shit?
You're paying twice as much to signal that you're retarded.
Pixel6a is 400 on Amazon

Stop buying normie consumer products then you whiny niggerfucker. There are tons of better and cheaper alternatives out there

>buy iphone at release
>keep it for 5 years
>repeat
x1 carbon's price is comparable to a mbp14 but it has a dogshit screen and slower cpu