What's the best way of securing my laptop to a surface temporarily? Apparently these are dogshit

What's the best way of securing my laptop to a surface temporarily? Apparently these are dogshit

Attached: file.png (1000x1000, 378K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bjonYz08KDY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Securing temporarily? If it's temporary the security will not be good.

>Apparently these are dogshit
They really aren't once you realize most people don't know how to even unlock them and think it bricks the laptop. It's the physical presence of them that deters most people.

Just bitlocker the laptop+preboot pin+bios password, even if someone yanks it they have a brick without the proper codes.

Lethal sexual force

Attached: 85E03B25-93D8-41C0-9870-E85FE98D0191.png (2022x857, 71.52K)

What if someone yanks it out of your hands while you're using it?

Americans have to do this? Is this yet another sacrifice you make to support diversity?

yes. yes.

OP has that shit attached to a cable dude, so unlikely.

Even then, lid closing = sleep = on wake it will require the boot pin. Good fucking luck, even if they close the lid and it locks chances of the person trying a reboot at some point is high. There isn't much you can do with a laptop with full drive encryption with TPMandPin enabled.

>Is this yet another sacrifice you make to support diversity?
Most governments do it not just USA, also kingston locks on laptops help lower insurance costs for the company.

Weld it and grind it off later

>kingston locks
Kensington locks. No one has yet managed to create a lock to stop Jamaicans plundering your laptop.

Beat the shit out of them.

Laptop thieves tend to be fast sprinters.
youtube.com/watch?v=bjonYz08KDY

This convinced me to buy a kensington. I live somewhere with a high crime rate so wouldn't be surprised if someone actually did this too

There's nothing a little bit of carpentry can't fix

Why are joggers like that? Also UC Berkeley got exactly what it preaches.

Buy a gun and shoot them in the back of the head.
They'll probably break your laptop but at least you got the satisfaction of killing a thief.

>bitlocker the laptop+preboot pin+bios password,
all of these can be bypassed with enough time.

It would take over a month to break my password. The whole reason people steal is because they don't have the time or patience for getting money from a job

By the time they get in all password changed for accounts and the data would be useless. The actual skill required for someone non fed to break in to a full drive encryption with modern tpm is so insanely long that they would give up.

what about an iphone xr. i had a 4pin numerical pass. havent been able to disable it through icloud. its been 2 months