Smart watches

can someone explain to me the purpose of smart watches? is there really some value it provides that a smartphone alone can't? I see normies wear these things all the time and I truly don't see the appeal

Attached: adult-businessman-conceptual-1327447.jpg (5760x3840, 2.93M)

It's a phone you put on your wrist
It sells itself really

More like it sells your personal data.

If you already have the phone the watch isn't gonna make a difference. Does it really matter if the NSA is tracking your every move from your wrist rather than your pocket?

No, it's just another one of the
>hip things to do in [current_year]
Combined with the normal iSheep behavior.

Its accelerometer detects when you're jacking off, they use it to build the world jack off database.

to shitpost of course

Attached: 1663136845447.jpg (1599x1982, 533.35K)

Never got it till I received one as a gift. I actually really enjoy it.
>second alarm for waking up if my phone is covered up or some shit
>easy to check small messages like mail, sms, dm, whatever without grabbing my phone
>nice to move music around without grabbing my phone, especially when walking/crowded area
>helpful to find my phone when it slips somewhere
>kinda helped me with my sleep schedule like when the fuck to go to sleep more importantly
>nice second watch/reminder of things without setting an alarm on my phone

Most importantly it's a GTFO of any situation kind of thing. Oh some boomer or retard talking to me, oh shit something on my watch! gotta run this is important.

Don't think I would spend more than 50 dollars on one, smartbands are good enough, but they have their use.

I am trying to think if I should buy one.I can see positives:
* can read messages quickly without pulling put phone
* can measure some training shit (but I am lazy and never exercise so…)
* uhhh can look at a map more quicker? but last time I looked Apple Maps were still awful, and Google Maps had really bad apps
* can listen to spotify without phone? I guess?

I don’t know. I still feel like it’s a solution looking for a problem. If I had a job with a lot of commute maybe it makes sense but I work at comfy home office so I don’t need this I guess

I actually use mine a bunch with my WFH more than I did when I was in the office with it. There have been more times where I might just walk away from my PC, dick around cleaning my place up, doing meal prep, showering, and so on where I don't have to pick up my phone or walk back over to my PC for "DAILY HAPPY THOUGHT FOR TODAY :)" or some other dumb email.

Extremely helpful with my home gym setup I made during covid.

>If I had a job with a lot of commute
you'd be better off buying a handheld gaming device, why would a smart watch ease your long commute?

>what is a cellphone
emulators work fine on any semi modern phone
>what is having to drive
Smartwatches are pretty nice to just glance without moving your head

no thanks, i have enough devices to fucking cgarge

Yeah, it's much more useful than I thought it would be

heart patients get them to check their EKG and send data to doc

>Outsource phone functionality to watch while still carrying the phone
>could leave phone at home at this point
>watch stops working because it needs to be in proximity to the phone
Truly the dumbest invention in human history, used by the dumbest humans in history.

Why not just ditch the phone? Sounds more like a solution searching for a problem.

It's surprisingly useful for quickly viewing messages and pulling up diary info, and of course for biometrics and fitness.

checked

what smart watches have good smart alarms for getting you up between sleep cycles?
that's the real killer app if you ask me
should also be able to play audio over bluetooth without using a phone, I'm never using both

You know most of them have an LTE option, right?

I had an apple watch for a while and got sick of it.
Its just annoying to me honestly and I just prefer a traditional watch