Give students access to the linux server so that they can work on their projects

>give students access to the linux server so that they can work on their projects
>they install crypto miners

Are kids these days really this retarded? I'm going to destroy this boy.

Attached: 1662747705950242.gif (640x480, 2.61M)

did you even tell them not to?

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 31.27K)

You should have started by teaching them how to use a hypervisor so they can run their stuff themselves.

These ukrainians in Poland don't have laptops strong enough to run shit. I don't allow users to run containers on the server.

Based. He is going to make it.

>>they install crypto miners
Based sigma grind mindset.

based students desu

>sigma grind mindset
more like opened tiktok and five seconds later knew how to make money off op lacking

I would ban them for a month and tell their teacher to fail them for the project. Let's see if they want to pull that shit again after failing several assignments because they don't have access to the server.

>ukranians
giving them any sort of physical/wireless access is a mistake, assume your server are compromised

> give people free computing power
> they react by monetizing it
Nuke the box from orbit, it's compromised. Learn from your mistakes and have them run vms on their own boxen. If you have forensics, sue the crypto students for installing malware.

> tHeY haVe wEaK boXeN!
They have gaymen pcs. I have a literal potato with 2 gigs of ddr2 ram, an 1c2t atom cpu, and spinning rust run 12 containers and saturate a 100 MBit/s link.

This is the thing, the only reason why kiddies use crypto miners is because they think they can earn real money without doing anything.

Stallman meets reality

Destroy what?
Their life by reporting them or their miner?

Just let that shit mine but restrict access so they can't access it anymore more.
I'm guesscing there's a need for network connectivity to update or sync to their wallets? You can always block that shit on the firewall from connecting out. They try to make your shit useless without breaking it, return the favor.

You know what... that’s not a bad idea. Especially because they acted as a group, it’s hard to punish them. I have access to the compute cluster at my university, but they’d easily figure out who installed a crypto miner.

Attached: 65B705A2-1909-4B7A-AEFB-38531705BAC1.jpg (400x400, 21.73K)

who are you quoting
who said this
none of this is true
mald more
I did it now cry me a river

>they think they can earn real money without doing anything.
While ripping off others.

>be shit sysadmin
>be surprised when students exploit your lack of knowledge about preventing this from happening
you deserve it

Attached: dbc5i7n-5a4c642c-fffb-4ff6-b52b-5c380331bc27.png (385x350, 108.83K)

beat them until they bleed

>they install crypto miners
Dangerously based
If the server was this insecure it's (You) who failed not them.