/BSD/

>coherent base system
>closer to unix
>doesn't take corporate cock up its ass
>no gpltardism
>no drama
>everything just works

Attached: FreeBSD-NetBSD-OpenBSD.jpg (500x300, 99.08K)

no trim support and nvidia drivers on openbsd but freebsd is neat

you forgot
>no hardware support

>no drama

Attached: laughing pistachios.jpg (700x466, 52.15K)

I can't figure out how to install it. Wake me up when I can get kde plasma and a graphical installer.

>cuck license

trim doesn't make sense if you're not scattering a journal across the flash, it would essentially be a pseudo journal that cuts fsck time but not much else.

Attached: bsdbad.png (1444x678, 49.38K)

It's hilarious, isn't it?
I use Windows 11 + WSL2 btw.

>no trim support
No continuous trim support. It has discrete trim support, which is also all you get on linux unless you went out of your way to add discard to your fstab.
There's a DDR4 driver. There's an NVME driver. There's a CAT5E driver. There's a DisplayPort driver. I don't know what you're sperging about. Hardware uses pretty simple protocols, even for wifi and graphics basic functionality which is how microsoft basic display adapter and brcm80211 driver can exist. Hardware support is a total anachronism from when computers were actually different from each other 40 fucking years ago.

>DDR4 driver
this is bait

what's so coherent about freebsd? ( i dont care about other bsds they are not for desktop)
can i install gnome 3 or gnome 4 on it? emacs? systemd? i need these software. for me it's really hard to move from linux. i don't have the ability to use even windows for more than normie stuff anymore. i used to be a power user on windows too fucking around with registry and bat files. after 7 years on linux and several windows releases later it's hard to remember anything. i saw bsd has different /dev structure and shit. also the coreutils are different. i personally like gnu software and glibc. should i stick to linux or take the red devil out for a spin? the one no go for me is filesystem though. i don't care about zfs. i use ext4 on all my desktop machines. can i get ext4? or a non pozzed fs?

>everything just works
it literally doesn't, using bsd giving man a cancer

It is possible for an OS to not be able to handle certain memory timings. Windows, Linux, and NetBSD all change their behavior based on the contents of the memory controller registers. It's not a "driver" but I didn't want to explain it. The point was that under most circumstances you only need one driver for an entire class of standards-compliant hardware.

Anyone here used it for sysadmin? Desktop use doesn't appeal to me. I like the sound of Poudriere though for package build servers. If someone had hands on experience with that in production I'd be interested to know how you get on with it!

I've used OpenBSD for routers, IRC network nodes, webservers, shell account servers, and email. Everything just works but it feels like you're stuck in 1990 which is nice until it's not and you need to do something that just isn't possible.

Big/little architecture doesn't even work. Everything runs at one clock speed.

Is downloading the ports tree necessary if I just want to use pkg? Should I exlucisvely use one or the other, or is having a mash up of both OK?

I'm a bit confused with what takes priority because I tried xorg and kde with ports and it took forever.

yeah, but by moving from windows to linux you gain freedom, performance and configurability. BSD is identical to linux in every way that matters besides the cuck license and lack of hardware support.

>freedom
no
>performance
workload and scheduler-dependent
>configurability
skill issue

>no ur wrong

Attached: 1431360720924.png (422x405, 319.74K)

>doesn't take corporate cock up its ass
What is apple?