Walk into shoe store

>walk into shoe store
>get your feet 3d scanned
>get a custom fit 3d printed shoe mailed to your house later that day
Why is this not a thing? All the tech is already here

Attached: future shoe.jpg (1500x852, 114.19K)

cement

Shoes are an anti pattern.
Humans did not evolve for hundreds of years just to wear shoes.

It would be a lot more expensive and too niche for any service like that to be as quick and convenient as you want.
You underestimate how much mass production lowers the price.

Based. Bare feet is god tier.

>be me
>be shoe store wagie
>Steal scans of women's feet with my usb
>Sell it online
>MFW I earn more than the manager of my store.

Attached: 1662353216033649.jpg (500x500, 40.36K)

yes but only for females, there should be a law that says that females can't wear shoes or socks

Shoes are a necessity in our modern world. I do share the sentiment that humans were made to walk around barefoot, but we were not made for walking on hard surfaces. If everything were dirt and grass, barefoot would be totally acceptable.

I've been jogging for almost 20 years now and I wear $40 "barefoot shoes" from Amazon. People like my brother have tried to warn me that I need $200 padded coffin running shoes or else I'm going to destroy knees and ankles, but I've been going this long just fine. Before I started using barefoot shoes, I was running in $5 strap sandals from walmart

>Shoes are a necessity in our modern world
plenty of examples that prove otherwise

>be me
>hacker
>hack database of scans of women's feet
>sell on darksneed
>make millions
>get jailed for stackoverfloe questions
>smuggle feet scans in jail
>build an empire
>I will be out in 10 years stronger than I came

>toe nail grows a bit
>can't wear shoe anymore

You do realize people will start using feet scans as collectibles just like weebs do with small shitty figures?

Shoes are mass produced, they arent made just for you.
But the idea is interesting. 3d print your feet so you can properly buy shoes online without fear of getting one that doesnt fit. The manufacturers would need to have a 3d model of the inside of their shoesas well, and the online stores would need some software where you upload your feet 3d model and it sees the adequate shoe size for you.

so what
it's just a feet scan.

>Why is this not a thing?

Attached: 1663077052573519.png (528x496, 285.22K)

Because 3d printed rubber is uncomfortable

It's not exactly the same but when x-rays were invented they made a scope you could put your foot in and have it measured to fit a shoe exactly, it's always mentioned as a classic example of how badly radiation safety was ignored in the early days of technology using it but as an aside it's mentioned it made no difference and you can tell if a shoe fits well just by walking around the store in it

I think that this still applies here, it just wouldn't make a big enough difference to be worth the trouble

This kinda exist for earphones, the final product will be $1000+ though. Expect shoes to cost the same if not more.

Do you really want to wear plastic shoes?

vs
>walk into a store
>try on two or three shoes
>walk out 5 minutes later wearing new shoes that fit just fine

Your idea is a novelty, a lame gimmick. I want nothing to do with it. Also
>3d printed
Not durable and poor surface finish.
And you can't print leather.

This exists for high quality skiing boots, but it's probably not worth it for regular shoes.

It does, it just costs a significant amount of time and money.

>shoes made out of plastic

Attached: 1605252371528.jpg (314x351, 15.65K)

>Why is this not a thing?
Because most people don't want new shoes every week.