Laptops that come without this antifeature?

Laptops that come without this antifeature?

Attached: laptop-webcam.jpg (496x330, 32.13K)

rog strix

Attached: tesa-53948-pvc-electrical-insulation-tape-black-539480000015-pr,2112716_canvas1x1_5.jpg (501x501, 16.83K)

None of them. Laptops are made for average groups of people, which are the types of people who'd want a camera on their laptop.
Just disconnect it internally. I have never came across a laptop that didn't have a connector between the MB and camera that couldn't be disconnected without invasive modifications (Cutting/desoldering).

This.

Laptops are expensive, tape is cheap.

pic related + unplugging the webcam and speaker cables like i do after getting a new laptop
or

Attached: 1654527230628.jpg (910x560, 209.82K)

Some MSI laptop use webcam kill switch

why is Any Forums so autistic and schizoid, yet retarded?

thats what i did, even after installing linux. i figured i never gonna use it the quality is so bad that its embarrassing, if i need cam i can use webcam

Attached: d8aeab36.jpg (1200x675, 53.99K)

All of them, if you can operate a screwdriver without getting the The Hague involved.

Framework allows you to remove it easily

Stop being poor

Rather use tape. The rare time I do need it, it takes just a couple seconds to pull the tape off. If I unplugged it internally I'd have to disassemble the machine to re-enable it.

>sudo echo 0 > /sys/class/video4linux/video0/shield/state

If you are a basement dwelling NEET, get If you are a normal surface dweller, get a normal laptop with a privacy cover, or just use tape.

You can disconnect it internally or remove it if you really want to, but most normal people have video calls since 2020 from time to time and disassembly of your laptop every time you want to use it, is a little excessive in my opinion, way worse for your privacy is the microphone on your laptop.

most lenovo laptops have a shutter on the webcam

Install gentoo , it will stop working on its own.

I have Teams meetings several times a week and I've never needed my camera for anything. If my job would require a camera pointing at my face I would get a separate webcam that can be placed anywhere. Laptops don't need to have an integrated cam pointing up people's nostrils. People who need them are definitely a minority so why do all laptops have them? It's just a security risk that you now need to deal with. Same as the integrated mic.

>open screen
>cut cable
>Profit

Attached: main-qimg-1f71d25146e384af0589494e36d58d28.webp.png (602x399, 403.38K)

Librem 14. Hardware kill switches for the camera and microphone.