Webp hate

>be me
>search some pic to make thread
>found pic
>it is .webp
>fuck it, download anyways and convert to .jpg using GIMP
why Google making my life harder even tho I don't use their services? what went wrong?

Attached: WebP_Logo.jpg (2000x653, 74.97K)

Other urls found in this thread:

chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/save-image-as-png/nkokmeaibnajheohncaamjggkanfbphi
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>using gimp
isn't it better creating a imagemagick oneliner script where you drag and drop your webp file to ouput a jpg? i imagine it's super easy to do that than opening a whole gui app

there are browser extensions that will do this for you.

Stop coating your thread. Just say it as it is...

JPEG XL love thread.

Attached: JPEG_XL_logo.svg.png (1200x1514, 31.87K)

Hiromoot could add support for WebP at anytime.

oh come on
no need

about:config image.webp.enabled false

webp is great and I hope it replaces all other file formats.

>oh come on
>drag and drop is hard for zoomies
should have known
that's why you will remain an unemployed NEET

I don't actually know a single thing about .webp and any pros/cons of it. All I know is that half the time I find an image off jewgle it ends up being that format and then I can't upload it to my favorite mongolian throatsinging forum, therefore I hate it.

Attached: smug apu.jpg (657x527, 44.95K)

Love him so much bros

if you're using a Mac...right click picture---scroll to "quick actions"----convert image

Just use ImageMagick or FFMPEG. It's much more efficient to use a command line program for simple conversions than to load up a large image editor like GIMP just to do that

webp is good, but jxl is even better.

would you hate .webp if Any Forums supported it?

literally me

>small image sizes
>transparency
>animation
literally the perfect format

chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/save-image-as-png/nkokmeaibnajheohncaamjggkanfbphi

simple as

Qoi is better but that won't be implemented on this site. That would require moot coming back since Hiro sure as shit hasn't done anything in the 7 years he's owned this shithole.

>Download image off Google
>.jpg.webp.jpg.webp
Fuck every engineer who is responsible for this garbage format

Attached: really.jpg (306x306, 38.37K)

>ImageMagick
Ok thanks it seems better option.
Yes because it is being forced at this point I don't like it just because Any Forums would support wouldn't make my .webp hate less. .jpg .png just works no reason for .webp