What did he mean by this?

What did he mean by this?

stevejobsarchive

Attached: 1648645159295.png (997x1321, 113.9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

seer.cancer.gov/statfacts/html/pancreas.html
my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/21970-pancreatic-neuroendocrine-tumors
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Toward the end of his life and illness he went mad

>When I needed medical attention, I was helpless to help myself survive.
He wished he had not tried to cure his cancer with "natural remedies" but instead used real medicine.

I know what he meant but I'm not telling you.

I think if I get cancer I'll probably just go out gracefully. The survival rates aren't good with chemo & radiation anyway and you spend the rest of your life in a hospital surrounded by apathetic negro nurses

> insufferable twat, the post

Sometimes people beat it.

>"natural remedies"
Coffee enemas?

He would have died regardless.

He probably wrote that on an iPad prototype while sitting in his car with temporary plates that was parked on handicapped parking space

>survival rates aren't good
that's a load of shit, if they can cut it out of you it's between half and 3/4 chance you beat it, nearly 100% if you happen to find out about it freakishly early.

Cancer isn't one disease, it depends on which type, how advanced, and treatment options.
Jobs had pancreatic.

>cancer
didn't he die of aids?

I'd rather not know I have cancer until the final stages right before it kills me. Living with the dread that you're going to die soon is a lot worse than just dying to something obliviously. That's why I avoid going to doctors for things like checkups.

Knowing the time and manner of your death would be freeing

That's not how cancer works though. You get some percent change of survival and even if it goes into "remission" you live the rest of your life wondering when it's going to come back and kill you.

I'm pretty sure if you have stage 3 or 4 cancer you're fucked within a given timespan without treatment.

Not all cancers are equal. Depending on the type, and especially what stage it's caught at, your chance of survival can change dramatically. In Jobs' case, IIRC, it was a form of pancreatic cancer that had pretty good outcomes with proper medical treatment, but he instead decided to go with alternative meme herbal remedy bullshit and by the time he tried anything else, it was too late.

As for "going out peacefully", again depending on the cancer, it can be a gruesome experience. You don't just die peacefully in your sleep after being fully functional beforehand. Palliative chemo is a thing because certain kinds of cancer can be so painful and horrifying to experience. Of course, there's always sudoku instead.

he died of ligma

Depends on the cancer type. For instance, metastasized thyroid cancer is pretty easy to treat because thyroid cells effectively take in all the iodone in your body. So if you're treated with radioiodine, it's selectively taken up by all the thyroid cells and kills them all, no matter where they are. Of course your thyroid also gets obliterated, but you can just take synthroid to make up for that, no big deal.

>pancreatic cancer that had pretty good outcomes with proper medical treatment
Even of caught at stage 1 (12% of all new diagnoses) there's a less than 50% chance of being alive at 5 years.
Overall 5 year survival is 11.5%.
He would (88.5% chance) still be dead knowing what we know.
seer.cancer.gov/statfacts/html/pancreas.html

Who's Joe?

deez nuts lmao

I mean, sure, everyone dies eventually. Also keep in mind Jobs was
1) a billionaire with access to the absolute best care humanly possible
2) significantly younger than the average pancreatic cancer patient
So survival would in all likelihood have been significantly longer had he sought proper treatment early on instead of falling for memes. But yes, when it comes to cancer, it's all about extending life rather than necessarily "curing" it. You're probably going to die, but it's about how long you have. I don't think anyone is acting like he definitely would still be alive in 2022

He was basically a crippled at that time

Wikileaks proved he had AIDS

Attached: 1663011997818.gif (199x248, 29.41K)

Also I forgot to mention, the statistic you're looking at is for pancreatic cancer in general. Jobs had a form of pancreatic cancer that was less deadly

my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/21970-pancreatic-neuroendocrine-tumors
>Pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors (also called pNETs or islet cell tumors) are a set of tumors that start in your pancreas’ endocrine cells. pNETs are rare. Many times healthcare providers find pancreatic NETs during tests for other conditions. If diagnosed early on, more than 90% of people with pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors are alive five years after diagnosis.