Don't mind me...

Don't mind me, just a tech billionaire New York elite enjoying a neat glass of commodity bourbon whisky available at any hole in the wall liquor store in the country...

Attached: sony.webm (1334x720, 2.74M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w4RakOEZpMQ&t=705s
youtube.com/watch?v=U0IJRkfsDL0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

both Trump and Bezos eats at McDonalds

Old habits, they die hard

Attached: file.png (746x900, 1.12M)

I have a bottle of scotch and blended whisky behind me, in my closet.
Will probably enjoy a glass of it later.

Once got drunk and started crying and rambling incoherently about something about how I hate myself but the rest was not understandable during a small super bowl party and my few friends still shit talk me about it. I also apparently just started mixing straight whiskey and chugging bbq sauce out if the bottle. Never again. My most embarrassing moment.

>My most embarrassing moment
Meh, that's like, mid tier at most for me as far as embarrassing moments go.

How is it?

dont know that one, but many brand name alcohols have higher shelf versions, like red, blue, black label type of shit. some times they call them a reserve or give a special subtitle to them, but they cost 2 or 3 times as much at times. crown royal has limited, reserve, etc blends. like double cost in Canada from normal bottle. or this could just be a *gasp* product placement in a movie. unheard of, i know, but they pay for brand placement in some movies.

For me, it's George Dickel Barrel Select.

Attached: ht.jpg (500x500, 58.38K)

As I live and breathe

Attached: blantons-single-barrel-bourbon-japanese-edition-maroon-box-p10112-16415_image.jpg (1000x1000, 144.84K)

Why bust out the really good shit if it's not a special occasion? Even if you can afford as much of it as you want, if you drink it all the time it loses some of the appeal.

be happy you only embarrassed yourself. once when i was 20 i blacked out at a dorm party (usaf) and when my friends (also under 21) tried getting me to my room, security forces busted us. i got 3 of my friends in huge trouble, one of them got demoted. embarrassing doesn't cover that by half

Don't forget Warren Buffett.

Attached: How_the_stock_market_decides-e405ac56b0bc1ffd014bce0c748fe1c2.png (1200x900, 1.43M)

Zoomer moment

meme whiskey only popular because of muh heckin collectorino tops

it's called product placement dumbfuck

Makers Mark is pretty awful. It has no body at all.

If you're going to get something you can find anywhere for cheap at least get Woodfords Reserve. Makers is barely a step above Jack

whisky is confectionary trash unless its scotch

whiskey is trash unless it's bourbon

>has to age longer because weather in Scotland sucks and they use our sloppy seconds for barrels

Based

>scotchsnob faggery
>based chad that enjoys a taste other than muh peat

>tennessee whisky
literally corn syrup with everclear poured in

whiskey is trash no exceptions

Marker's Mark is great

no, at least scotch is fancy and unique. whisky and ESPECIALLY bourbon whisky is for numales that want the trappings of manliness with none of the actual character.

scotch just tastes like charcoal

Been drunk at work multiple times. I mean throwing things across the room drunk. Fortunately I'm good at what I do so they mostly pretend it's not happening and leave me alone about it.

i can smell the onions from this post

thatd be you, onions boy.

I cant stop after one drink. I piss myself a couple times per week

Jack is Tennessee sour mash you fool. Maker's Mark is overpriced bourbon.

>t.Kentucky user

it’s true

jack is watery and only really good for mixing

Maker's Mark 46 is even better.

there are very fancy bourbons that put scotch to shame. go try some pappy van winkle or some whistlepig.

Tennessee > Bourbon > Irish > Japanese > Scotch

Attached: groovepepe.jpg (200x207, 6.32K)

My wife and I have made 650k+ combined for the past five years. My house is now worth 2.4 million. She has a top 10 university MS, I have a top 15 MBA. She likes Miller Lite.

Only poor people and jealous mouth breathers think that your taste automatically gets better or changes when you become a millionaire a few times over, much less a billionaire.

most rich assholes are penny pinchers

I make over 200k a year and still prefer wild turkey over the expensive shit.

I ain't an expert, but I'm liking this one.
Would like to try the blue one but 200 eurobucks seem wasted considering I'm not an expert on liquors and would hardly be able yo enjoy it more.

Attached: Johnnie walker black.jpg (474x632, 24.89K)

This is the finest cheapest whiskey you can buy.

Attached: spirits-bushmills-black-bush-70cl-28138387603534_1024x1024.png (210x800, 64.8K)

Can confirm
>t. Dad was a millionaire miser

bushmills is like 50 bucks a handle dude. it costs the same as jameson.

i owned 80 tgi fridays, have a net worth of roughly 14 million dollars, and i still drink jack daniels, dont believe me if you want but people get stuck in their ways
>t. 52 year old tv professional tv watcher

Both of those are cheap in ireland. Like €30.

All alcohol is literally poison. You are drinking poison. Its normalized because people were too stupid way back when to see the terrible shit it does to ur body.

It's literally POISON

Johnny Walker blue label is completely different from red/black and 10x as expensive

I know user but it feels great.

water is poison

People have been using mind altering drugs for the entirety of their existence

>Im going to get drunk alone, better break out my best stuff
user, this is the equivalent of binging ice cream by yourself, there is no point in showing off

>you can't just choose to consume something you know is harmful to your body because... uh... YOU JUST CAN'T OKAY?!

its not a meme. its like liquid velvet. one of best you can buy.

Jack Daniels is the worst. Prove me wrong.

I've done blue label. It's completely different. Chances are you wouldn't necessarily like it, depending if you actually appreciate wooden, aged flavours etc

Jack Daniels is the one you mix with coca cola and don't feel bad about wasting a flavor of a good whisky. It has it's use

>giving your best and most expensive stuff to other people instead of enjoying it yourself
???

Where my turkey 101 chads at?

Well I wouldn't expect someone that owned tgi fridays franchises to know anything about taste.

If you're doing that then you might as well get the cheapest shit going.

101 tastes much better than its price that's for sure

right? he should have been drinking Wild Turkey 101

If you believe that, I invite you to try Glendronach 12, Arran 10, or Glenmorangie 10. You will be very pleasantly surprised

>all these people shitting on scotch
every day I think this board cant get any shitter and it always surprises me

Wild Turkey 101 is my go to bourbon. If I want something a bit nicer, I'll go with some Wild Turkey Rare Breed.

euro seething that America took whiskey and made it better

What did you do, add more corn syrup to it?

Whiskey is trash unless it’s rye

Attached: 736F1159-1E7D-471B-BC40-D708F38964C2.jpg (1284x1969, 1.46M)

Everything is poison at the proper dosage.
You would have a healthier life if you were a moderate drinker and gave up corn syrup and seed oils.

Glad to see the label facing the camera

but user Suntory is the best whiskey in the world so sorry.

Alcohol experts of all sorts cannot tell the difference between expensive and cheap versions while doing blind taste tests, and often rate the cheap shit as equal to or better than the expensive shit. It's all artificial scarcity designed to convince idiots with too much money to waste it. You aren't buying a better product, you're buying the illusion of superiority.

dilly, dilly!

youtube.com/watch?v=w4RakOEZpMQ&t=705s

Not damn thing wrong with Maker's Mark, faggot. But seriously, isn't Norman an up-by-the-bootstraps everyman who became rich thanks to his drive and genius? He didn't start out rich like Tony Stark, who should never have a drop of liquor in his house that costs less than 200 a bottle.

Attached: Old Fashioned.jpg (1920x1080, 954K)

Trump doesn't have class and Bezos isn't part of the new tech elite who don't really do the old school fancy stuff. Look at Munsk, the guy wants wants live on Mars more than anything.

Yamazaki is good shit fr fr

TRALLY VOLLY

I am going to go have some pumpkin flavored beers to celebrate nailing my job interview today, they hired me on the spot and the attractive interview girl was texting me the whole time she was doing the other interviews which gave me an oh so rare confidence boost.
I think I’ll get druk after I down four of those pumpkin brews and write a letter or resignation to my current job

Attached: 3288B5CF-6F02-4904-AC4E-F4748D09E54B.jpg (500x239, 8.9K)

I tried to flirt with a milf who was a client of my dad's company when I was drunk in a new years party, my mom pulled and aside and said "user you are behaving like a fucking clown, control yourself" Then she told my brother to not let me drink anymore, I remember my sister and dad laughing at me then I went to the bathroom to throw up. She was right I was making a fucking idiot of myself, but in my defense she was really hot.

My great uncle was one of those old money blue blood types, worth several hundred million. (Only related by marriage unfortunately, so no trust fund for me.) His drink of choice was E&J brandy and Diet Pepsi.

>he buys rebranded jd
Yikeseroni batmaneroni

Write the letter first. Don't get too drunk or you might text the interview girl and do something stupid.

How does in become druk?

Scientists have done numerous taste tests with all types of alcohol. The general consensus was that identifying a high end spirit from a mid-cost spirit, even some low, was failed by experts and non-alike. This is especially prevalent in wine enthusiasts wheren scientists literally dyed wines, misrepresented their origin and cost, etc.

Humanity assigns to spirits entirely by price point and notoriety and parrot popular - or expect - opinion.

This is uniquely compounded by the fact that "tasty" alcohol is a sum of its parts; of which are better represented as additives than included or aged with the alcohol hence why when we make mix drinks we add notes rather than buy liquors with the notes already included -- and those with included notes (think flavored vodka, the easiest liquor to flavor) inherently taste shit.

99.99% of alcohol enthusiasts are retarded.

The bottle he is pooring is entirely different and unlabeled. It's not a decanter for the Maker's as the Maker's is open and yet at full volume - thus not filling the decanter that is full.

Maker's Mark is good though, why would a genius billionaire waste money on products that aren't much better but sell based entirely on brand name? Those are marketed to genius billionaires' retarded children and urban cool types who are in mountains of debt despite living in the city.

Bet you were in Korea lmao, everyone loses stripes there.

What are your best druk tales anons? Let's hear them

ayo this mfer said "pooring" lol

I know its le poison, why do you think i drink it so much.

Any old genius billionaire might drink MM, but every other detail comprising that scene suggests that HO wouldn't.

Attached: 1662621571979270.jpg (1024x691, 114.33K)

WHO OLD GRAND DAD HERE?

>HO
Do... do you think his name is HERMAN Osborne? Because that's amazing if you do.

>defends his heckin special bevy
>"words words words WORDS words."
fucking faggot lol

I'm going to pretend I did because that's funnier than just mixing up their names.

Attached: 64316931614361.jpg (450x321, 19.81K)

Isn't Norman a self-made scientist who started his own company?

I’ve had bourbons that cost hundreds of dollars that were great but I still come back to Wild Turkey 101 as my go-to drink.

Attached: 65E9A5BF-1A9F-4A5C-86D0-76276E11F5D3.jpg (469x1197, 152.36K)

Like me granddad
Like me dewars white label
Simple as

It also sucks like all Jonny Walker, just buy a decent single malt

Maker's Mark is top of the mid shelf.

Fuck you brand hyping faggots who don't actually drink or are alcoholics who just drink to be drunk. Sipping Evan Williams as I type this.

This exactly. Even though the richfags can afford the $2k bottle much easier than the poorfag, the principle is still the same. It's a special bottle which only deserves to be drunk seldomly.

Green label is some good shit!

Scotch, Irish, and Jap whiskey for me only. Do not care for the rest. And I'm not even a big whiskey fan either. If I can help it it's brandy or rum for me.

Me and my work buddy chugged a whole bottle at the office (free expensive present) after work and İ just felt asleep in the office , woke up next day and continued. My buddy somehow managed to get home and called in sick lol.

Attached: 1662473521564214.jpg (243x219, 9.86K)

MAkers mark has at least one higher end version but I can't remember what it's called. 46 maybe? I don't think it's twice as much but Canadian liquor prices are fucking insane. I really feel bad for you guys.

I’m gonna do a trip to the Kentucky Bourbon Trail in November, which ones should I check out and schedule tours for?
Buffalo Trace, Four Roses and Woodford Reserve are on my list.

Attached: F3E7A631-B7DE-4BCF-B766-9380CE2EF4BE.jpg (300x450, 27.02K)

So are fruits and vegetables, but I don't see you complaining about those.

Jack is garbage.

I actually like Wild Turkey long branch, the one made by Matthew Mconaughey

If you like that get Double Black, Black is fine but Double Black has more personality.

double black is fuckin' nice

>oh no my career is over everything is fucked i need a drink, get me a super fancy bottle of burboun worth $20,000!!
You never drink slag shit like a proper lush innit?

Four Roses single barrel is great stuff.
Woodford Reserve is a bit overrated
Buffalo Trace is good and cheap

I used to get depressed when I drank but then I got a gf and when we drink become a jovial nuisance the broader public.

You are a child.

Elijah Craig and Larceny

Singing along to bar music with pterodactyl voices, criticizing peoples' parking jobs from balconies, going places we aren't supposed to be, like roofs etc. Everyone just laughs along with us because we're very smart and cool and funny and disarming

>I cant stop after one drink
Same

You can do so much better than Maker's though. Why not New Riff? What's wrong with New Riff, besides it not existing at the time? Surely Oscorp has time travel technology sufficient to make periodic whisky runs.

My friend got me a bottle of Blue Label for my birthday this year, I’m still in awe.

glad to see all the wild turkey fags who watched sopranos so they tried whiskey and want to be "cool"
whiskey is shit except peanut butter flavored and that's only $30, i don't even like peanut butter but i can do it straight

who the fuck spells sºy with an s at the end
get your life together

>Trump feeds college kids macca's instead of rich people food like foie gras and frog legs
>leftists absolutely seething
why was his presidency so kino

Attached: mcd.png (483x1075, 1010.98K)

>DUDE i just LOVE the hustle and bustle of the big city, it’s so DYNAMIC and makes me feel like i’m in one of my favourite TV SHOWS. you should totally come on down to my studio apartment, it’s got EXPOSED RED BRICK walls and 50 square feet! we can crack open a nice hoppy ipa or three and get crazy watching some cartoons on adult swim! and dude, dude, DUDE, we have GOTTA go down to the barcade- listen here, right, it’s a BAR where us ADULTS who do ADULTING can go DRINK. BUT!!!! it’s also an ARCADE like when we were kids, so we can play awesome VIDEO GAMES, without dumb kids bothering us. speaking of which megan and i have finally decided to tie the knot- literally -we’re both getting snipped tomorrow at the hospital, that way we can save money to spent more on ourselves and our FURBABIES. i’m fuckin JACKED man, i’m gonna SLAM this craft beer and pop open another one!!!

Attached: 1651977625077.png (798x1230, 185.47K)

I wish I could be an alcoholic, it seems like a fun vice to have, but I just don't like the taste of hard liquor. It just wouldn't be the same to become dependent on girly mixed drinks.

For me, it's Bulleit Bourbon. That's all I drink.
youtube.com/watch?v=U0IJRkfsDL0

Just keep drinking, eventually you'll get to the point of swigging from the bottle.

Mcdonalds makes my shit smell like a mcdonalds the next day

You're right, I'll work my way up to the hard stuff, I can do it!

Steel reserve, 40 ounce. Watchu know bout dat?

prolly nothin'

>alcoholic tier
Jack Daniels
Early Times
Benchmark
>cheap redneck tier
Jim Beam
Evan Williams
Maker's Mark
>tastefully midbrow tier
Buffalo Trace
Wild Turkey
Knob Creek (personal favorite)
>good for occasions
Larceny
Four Roses
Whistlepig
>the real shit
Jefferson Aged at Sea
Old Pogue
Huling Station

love this shit so much. tastes like leather. so good

why are TGI burgers like 1200 calories that seems excessive

>Its normalized because people were too stupid way back when to see the terrible shit it does to ur body.
Nah it was normalized in the past because it doesn't spoil when stagnant like water does and is better as a preservative. It's harder to get actually sick (as opposed to throwing-up-drunk sick) from drinking it because it kills germs.

McDonald’s is the shit.
Literally.

One time I got wasted and jumped out my girlfriends second story window in my underwear I was blackout so I didn’t remember I just woke up the next day feeling like I got hit by a dump truck

Was Terry Silver right that Japanese Suntory is the best whiskey in the world?

>absolutely mogs your top shelf whiskey for 1/10th the price

Attached: 5AD0529F-7EF7-46FD-99E5-04A7A5892F50.jpg (480x640, 18.09K)

It’s amazing how much better black label is than red. The first time I had black label I was a teen stealing liquor and I could tell the smoothness was something special even then

Also this nigga here

Attached: E7BC5EE4-3693-4939-8783-97ABA03416AB.jpg (452x678, 20.37K)

That's how I like it though. Give me some medicinal, salty smoke like a Talisker any day over a sugar sweet corn based bourbon. Also sherry bomb scotchfags need not apply.

I like Jamesons wayyyyyyyyyy better it’s smoother and cleaner.

makers isn't really sipping whiskey either way. a richfag would at least splurge for something nicer, not necessarily a rare bottle

Says the guy prolly scarfing KFC or Their honey liqueur is alright though

We might be polishing off two bottles of rye tonight Randy

take off your fedora

Miller Lite is the first thing I reach for in my bar that's stocked with everything from absinthes and amaros to single malts and mezcals. I love my cheap beer, specifically Miller Lite.

Not true at all

All boomers love Maker's Mark. It's basically the bourbon of choice for 9-5 boomers.

I'd out drink every single one of you

You need to understand that there's only a select few people you bring the good shit out for since it's special and you'd know they will appreciate it. Everybody else just gets regular stuff or make simple mixed drinks.

Drink Alberta premium then have a swig of crown royal limited reserve and tell
Me one doesn’t have the sensation of a chainsaw being dropped down your throat.

I’ve lived in nipland for a decade. Nip whiskey really is amazing (Yamazaki age statement, Hibiki age statement etc)
The issue is that sometime around 2017/2018 redditors caught on and meme’d it so hard that the prices (literally) went 10x up over night.
I wouldn’t pay the prices people are paying right now. Yamazaki 18 is sellinn for $1,200. Back in ‘14 you could get a bottle of it for like $100-$200.

The only good news is that nip producers should be releasing new batches soon so the prices will (hopefully) stabilize.

>tastefully midbrow tier
Literally me
What’s your favorite Knob Creek bottle? I’ve been tempted to shell out a little extra for a higher aged bottle.

Pic related
I was a student drinking Hibiki 12 for $65 and people are paying $1k plus for it now. It’s fucking retarded

Attached: 9E8E529F-B7CA-4B55-94D7-D7578B11EA77.jpg (768x1753, 225.68K)

>get robbed by basketball American
>next night went to dinner with parents
>they plastered me with booze
>said it makes me more talkative
>drink like a fish
>don't remember the dinner
>only a single 5 second memory stands out
>me on drive home ranting about FBI crime statistics
>They haven't served me booze since

Attached: 1588570726913.jpg (750x961, 118.67K)

The basic suntory (toki I think) has an okay taste but, I dunno, doesn't feel as powerful as an American whiskey? The coloration always seems more light and yellowy.

The Suntory Japanese gin is fucking great though.

Jefferson's Ocean is the most overrated, overhyped shit I have ever tried. Thank fucking God I had it at a bar so I now know to never buy a bottle. For that price, I could buy an Eagle Rare and a 12 pack of beer.

>doesn't feel as powerful as an American whiskey
I agree. I think that's why it's so popular. It's really light, but still has a solid ABV.

Miller Lite is genuinely good beer despite being the cheap stuff. It's won several gold medals for best American-style Light Beer at the World Beer Cup.

DON'T TALK SHIT ABOUT MAKERS MARK

>People have been using
>For the entirety of their existence
Yes, and this is a problem

>coastal liberals don't understand that a football team that's 70% poor black 20 year olds would fucking love to feast on every fast food item off the menu instead of a serving of pate, spoonful of caviar, and a small roasted squab in a cherry coulis

And yet here you are

I've actually never tried those black-label Knob Creek. When you ask for Knob Creek at a bar it's always the basic one, and I've never bought a bottle because for the extra money I'd just go for Huling Station.

I might go for higher-end Knob Creek cause the only place that sold Huling Station near me closed though and I'm not gonna buy alcohol online; that's just weird to me.

I am literally the queen of England and I drink exclusively white claw.

First time I was ever in a really rich persons house I checked out their cabinets when no one was looking
Couldn't help myself, I was born/raised poor, first time I had been around seriously rich people (9 figure net worth, one step down from billionaires)
I was shocked at all the generic labels I saw everywhere mixed in with basic mass market type brands for anything there wasn't a generic option
I told a couple of people who reflexively said "and that's why they are millionaires, user"
No, you do not save enough buying off brand shit to magically become rich
They just didn't give a fuck
As I got older and made my own money I spent more time around rich and their offspring, none of them really give a fuck about appearances at all, they have ascended far beyond needing that kind of validation

What do you guys think of Rye?
I’ve been enjoying it more lately, really enjoy Wild Turkey Rare Breed Rye.

Grapefruit white claw is legitimately tasty. Fuck everyone judging me for this statement and sounding like a basic bitch college chick. I also think Busch Light Apple is goddamn delicious and better than most actual ciders.

Angel's Envy Rye is fantastic. Also, Rye Manhattans > Bourbon Manhattans

Whiskey niggers are so annoying it makes me cringe to ever mention o drink it.
>go to a bar
>order a fireball shot because I want something cinnamon
>immediately get approached by a whiskey nigger
“YO BRO FIREBALL?? FIREBALL?? YOU KNOW THAT ISNT A REAL WHISKY RIGHT??? YOU SHOULDNGET A REAL WHISKY BRO. GET SOME JACK DANIELS OR JOHNNY WALKER. BRO HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF THIS ONE WHIKY CALLED BULLEIT? IM SOMEWHAT OF A WHISKY SNOB HEHEHEH SORRY BRO BUT FIREBALL IS GARBAGE YOU SHOULD TRY BULLEIT BRO IT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE
>mfw listening to this nigger prattle off his limited knowledge of normalfag midshelf shit while I have single bottles worth more than his entire collection back at home

Attached: C711D44E-AE06-47C6-9F98-BDB69830D49B.jpg (225x225, 7.24K)

I'll take things that never happened for $100

nouveau rich maybe?

liquorfags are insufferable lmao
just fucking drunk mid tier tequila straight up and stop being a pussy

But that's Protestant whiskey.

I have a cabinet full of $70-100 scotches and right now I'm drinking pic related. Cost me all of 25 dollars. Sometimes I want something simple and one note.

Attached: bernheim_original_kentucky_straight_wheat_whiskey__06192.jpg (960x1280, 302.99K)

Yes. It’s popular for a reason.
I also like seagrams.

Attached: 6426F80F-4E9B-425C-B99B-DF35B1B3AE70.jpg (4000x3000, 1.39M)

Because these megakikes own assets in Macdonalds so they purposely let themselves get seen eating there to line their greedy jew pockets
Every 20 years we should string up everyone worth more than 50 million dollars

>liquor
one you learn its a meme and find your substitute vice youll be much better off

Attached: trichromes.jpg (1200x800, 228.18K)

Alcohol can be important for food pairings though (liquor, not so much)

Beer and pizza/BBQ
Red wine and Steak/Roasts/Pasta
Sake and sashimi etc

I guess you need to lay off the sauce.

Attached: Naamloos-2.jpg (600x600, 34.54K)

Most whiskey snobs have a bottle of JW Black in their cabinet. It's a perfectly respectable entry scotch.

my dad makes a lot of money and buys expensive bottles for other people to drink and brag about, but still drinks Jim Beam more than anything because that's what he's liked for 40 years and drank when he had no money
people raised with the money have all expensive and refined tastes but the self many wealthy are surprisingly modest
same reason many millionaires still love big macs and snack cakes and drive their 2003 Honda civic
familiarity is comfortable, also many are really stingy as if they were still poor

Black and double black are perfectly fine. Blue is an absolute meme and not worth the price it commands at all. There's far better options easily available for half the price.

Patrician taste. I have Hibiki Harmony, Yellow Spot and Glenmorangie 18 in the cabinet, right now I'm drinking some $24 (CAD) 40 Creek and enjoying the shit out of it.

Attached: 1655774504682.jpg (1200x1197, 358.89K)

>I wish I could be an alcoholic, it seems like a fun vice to have
Believe me with every ounce of your being. It's not. It's fucking awful. I love booze, both for the taste (talking about good shit, not swill) and for the taste. But the feeling of being actually *drunk* vs just buzzed or even tipsy? It's horrible. You feel like you're on death's door every time and you the grim reaper is standing right there next to you the whole time.

Horrible experience. 0/10, do not recommend. Pic related. Thankfully I'm not a full blown alcoholic with a dependency, but it's not a good vice.

Attached: 1657750034919.jpg (512x512, 131.49K)

My dad is a pretty well off business owner that came from pretty modest means as a kid. He likes Miller High Life and Jack & gingers

Jim Beam's my favourite, had some old scotch but it didn't hit the same.
Actually there's a local "cognac" that I like even more.

>both for the taste (talking about good shit, not swill) and for the taste
*and for the FEELING

Jesus, I'm already at that point.

Check out Redbreast. Irish whiskey. Somebody rec'd me it a while ago, and I never regretted it. It is some good shit. I'd rank it on the upper level of "tastefully midbrow" and middle "good for occasions".

Liquor goes well with desserts.

Most other vices are shit compared to alcohol. Weed turns you into a retard and smoking doesn't even make you feel good. Hard drugs are fucking dumb and shorten your life.

If you like Redbreast, do yourself a favor and try the Lustau iteration of Redbreast. Stuff is liquid gold, especially for a NAS offering.

Everything has its purpose. You sip good spirits with good cigars. It's a match made in heaven.

I actually saw the Lustau pairing of brandy de jerez at my booze store, but not whiskey. It wasn't super great, compared to their normal offerings of sherry, which are pretty great themselves.

user are you familiar with product placement?

Extreme hot take incoming: whiskey & cigars is ok, brandy & cigars is good, tequila & cigars is great, but a good G&T with a cigar is god-tier.

it's amazing how much a good cab sauv or a douro or even a malbec elevates a ribeye

>but a good G&T with a cigar is god-tier.
Fuuuuuck no. I can ONLY handle gin WITH tonic. But gin by itself...holy fucking shit, how the HELL did Brits EVER think that shit tasted good? I feel fucking nauseous just thinking about it. Ugh.

Gin and tonics are probably my favorite mixed drinks. Negronis are ok but I really never order them and if I'm making a gin drink at home, 99.99% of the time it's going to be a g&t

To add to this, Plymouth gin is the only gin I ever found even remotely palatable. Everything else...eugh.

Stop drinking shitty gin user. A very dry Hendricks martini will reorient your perspective

Based. But Wiser's > Crown.

If I'm going to be drinking a G&T, it better be more T than G. Jesus, I still have an automatic averse reaction to the last one I had.

Last gin I had was Monkey 47. Supposedly touted as the best on the market as far as "modern gins" go, but I gagged through every sip.

Is this the alcoholic thread? What’s the best cheap whiskey
I’ve been enjoying making whiskey + lemonade recently

Evan Williams
Old Forester 86
Early Times BiB

>drinking fireball
What is it your period?

Attached: 7378537C-2A73-4F04-9A3F-26CE1C4F31B7.jpg (1080x1278, 246.93K)

Gin Mare was a revelation with the olive and rosemary. It is goooooooood

you scotch fags are the worst

>Monkey 47

That is literally the Rick & Morty of gin.

Also wait, you were drinking gin neat? I hope it was at least cold as fuck

You don't stay a millionaire buying overpriced whiskey.

Even if I was rich, I still wouldn't pay more than 50 bucks for a bottle.

This is why I drink alone

>Also wait, you were drinking gin neat?
I drink all my firsts neat, to establish a baseline of the actual taste, before moving on to modifying it.

>POISON
gadzooks

I will try this, thanks for the recommendation user

Not him, and not a scotch fan, but Glenmorangie is actually great. Most scotch fans like to drink shit that tastes like a salty forest fire but Glenmorangie is legit delicious

Do yourself a favor and just skip absinthe if that's how you try hard liquor.

$500 is like the absolute upper limit for me. And it usually does pay off. Some of those couple-hundred dollar bottles actually are absolutely worth the money, and are exclusively for drinking sparingly. Past that limit though, it's all placebo and diminishing returns.

I've said it a lot, but alcohol is one of the greatest examples of the law of diminishing returns. $20 bottle is worse than a $50 bottle is worse than a $100 bottle is worse than a $250/$500 bottle, but really, after that is just pure memes.

Never was particularly interested in absinthe except for this one specific bottle that I really want, but is no longer made for years now. It's called Blue's Cat and made supposedly by this one woman on the east coast. It's an extinct bottle, as far as I know.

>I drink all my firsts neat, to establish a baseline of the actual taste, before moving on to modifying it.

fair enough, but was it at least chilled? Vodka and gin neat should be very very cold.

Nouveau riche are all designer label all the time because they are terrified of being found out
Go to a private jet terminal in any big city and you can sort people real quick
people in uniforms work there, new money are dressed to the nines with all designer stuff, old money look like homeless people who snuck past security

>fair enough, but was it at least chilled? Vodka and gin neat should be very very cold.
Of course. Even chilled, I couldn't stomach that Monkey 47. I have fuckin PTSD over that shit. I'd sooner drink tequila over that, and I hate tequila too.

Never really tried a lot of whiskey, what's the verdict on WT101? Is it good straight?

It's good. Don't know if I'd take it straight unless you really love burn for some reason. Just add some water or ice and enjoy it.

I know exactly what you're talking about, kek. Delaware Phoenix Distillery. Some old hippy cat lady just decided she wanted to start making absinthe one day and it turned out that she was really good at it. I don't have Blues Cat, but I do have another bottle of hers in my bar right now

>Monkey 47.

Yeah, absolutely the Rick & Morty of gin. It's fine I guess but people who like it are like a cult. It's weird for me to think of drinking gin neat because to me it's always an ingredient, even if in something like a martini where it's basically 4 ounces of gin and a splash of vermouth shaken

>I hate tequila too.

If you get a chance, try this stuff out. It's more like a brandy, almost buttery, than the usual super-citrusy-sour-bitter tequila taste

Attached: 1643787358327.jpg (474x474, 13.48K)

But I like salty forest fires ;_;

you fuckin scotch guys

tfw I bought a bottle of Lagavulin 16 and it took me months to get every vile ounce of it down

>but I do have another bottle of hers in my bar right now
Fuckin noice. Take a pic if you can. I think if anyone has a still existing unopened bottle of Blues, they could sell it for a fucking high premium. Shit would be an asset unto itself.

>If you get a chance, try this stuff out. It's more like a brandy, almost buttery, than the usual super-citrusy-sour-bitter tequila taste
I'll add it to my (potentially) to-get list. My most current one is a rum. Diplomatico Ambassador. About a $200+ bottle, but one I've been wanting for a couple years now.

Their normal Diplomatico is already some really good shit for a modest price (< $50), so I'm excited to get it here soon.

Attached: 62355-large-diplomatico-ambassador-selection.png (946x946, 1.16M)

Would you give George’s Dickel a tickle?

I'm more of an applejack guy.

Attached: applejack.jpg (659x1024, 81.73K)

I had that before. Was really underwhelming. Kinda rough going down, and more sour than sweet. A 5/10 bottle.

It came with this matching green drawstring bag

Attached: 20220915_225715.jpg (4032x2268, 2.25M)

>Diplomatico Ambassador. About a $200+ bottle, but one I've been wanting for a couple years now.

oh snap, I had some of that in Panama. It's a lot like Zacapa XO, lots of sugar, little bit of spice and warmth

Noice. A bit of showpiece bottle if I had one.

Have a bottle of the Zacapa XO I got my dad a few years back. He still hasn't opened it. He's 90% whiskey guy, it seems. Oh well.

But yeah, very excited to order that Diplomatico one. Gonna save that one for a special day, along with another bottle I have of Brandy. Cardenal Mendoza Carta Real (VERY difficult bottle to find).

Lagavulin is very very peaty. Not as much as say a Laphroig or Ardbeg (or a balls to the wall Octomore), so you started in the deep end. A Highland Park is a better place to start with incorporating a smoky taste to scotch if you're looking for something different than a Speyside sherry bomb

I used to do embarassing shit like this, even alone. I'd start singing along loudly to songs or text people I shouldn't be. Now, no matter how much I drink, there's like a giant wall that keeps me from cringe behavior. It's like I leveled up my alcoholism and turned the cringelord debuff into exhaustionx2.

Attached: 1446616278804.gif (250x251, 998.46K)

based turkeybros

Attached: wild-turkey-101-whiskey.jpg (425x1000, 23.62K)

>He's 90% whiskey guy, it seems. Oh well.

lol, I did exactly that with my brother. Picked him up a bottle of XO for his birthday because it'd pair well with the cigars he likes, turns out he prefers scotch

It was the brine, really, I had some Smokehead that was peaty as hell and I liked that, but that Lagavulin is just not for me

I'm surprised it took so long for you to show, Carlos. Have your (you)

he was right

Trump is surprisingly good with people. It makes sense to go with food that is less formal that requires table etiquette, etc.

t. american

1. Macallan
2. Maker's Mark
3. Famous Grouse
4. Chivas Regal
5. Jim Beam Honey Oak Cask

Those are the best I've drank, I actually give bourbon a slight edge while Scotch whisky seems superior to everything else.

it's fucking always those fatties that say this shit as well

yeah cold fast food is really a great choice for any engagement. Personally i keep a fridge dedicated to just preserves of particularly good years.

Attached: Left over cold Mcdonalds ages like fine wine.jpg (959x1280, 175.05K)

Japan makes shockingly good scotch whiskey that's still slept on for the price. It tends to be lighter and more structured than most scotches but Lord it's good. Nikka and Suntory Toki are great for the price, and the high-end Yamazaki is up there with the best bottles it's possible to buy

Would like to try it sometime, but I never have enough money for stuff like that. Doesn't help that I abhor sake and Japanese beer is also the worst piss I've drank.

Have you been living under a rock? Japanese whisky has pretty much tripled in price over the last 5-7 years across the board for the more well known bottles.

The beer is an acquired taste. It's never my first choice but i can dig it if I'm at a Ramen shop and it's that or American pisswasser.

>Doesn't help that I abhor sake and Japanese beer is also the worst piss I've drank.

lol I assure you their whiskeys are nothing like sake

>Japanese whisky has pretty much tripled in price over the last 5-7 years across the board for the more well known bottles.

Yup, and it's still slept on. That Hibiki Harmony I've got would cost twice as much if it said Glenmorangie on the label

> I abhor sake
Not trying to come off like a smug cunt or anything but this is probably do more to ignorance more than anything. Nihonshu (sake) has such a wide variety of flavor profiles it’s impossible to paint it in such a blanket statement.
It’s like saying “I hate wine” what do you mean? Do you hate sweet white Zinfandels or do you hate deep tannin laden barolo?
It doesn’t help that you can usually only find dogshit in foreign countries though. As a very basic entry level sake I recommend you try Dassai(23/39/45)
It’s a very basic profile and very “clean” but will probably blow whatever you’ve had until now completely out of the water. You can usually get a bottle of 45 for $35-$50 in america.

If any of you were real men you’d be an alcoholic in your twenties and ruin the best thing that ever happened to you. Then keep drinking

Yeah yeah I know. Listen, I'm a poorfag but there's a lot of cheap whisky wine and beer varieties I like while that wasn't the case with their Japanese equivalents.

Just because you have money doesn't mean you buy overly expensive alcohol all the time. They probably have some for special occasions. Donald Draper drank Canadian fucking Club in Mad Men, the lowest of the low whisky in Canada. Sterling drank smirnoff.

Fair enough. There’s lots of good cheap sake here in nipland but you need to know what you’re looking for. I’m sure the only cheap shit that gets exported is probably a step above rice cooking wine, and the stuff that does get exported gets marked up like crazy so I can’t blame you.

>wtf why are you not spending hundreds of dollars constantly?
This is why you’re poor. Pretending to be rich. I work with dudes like you all time. You get your first big salary and buy a Lamborghini or some shit then sell it 6 months later because you drive it like a track toy and can’t afford repairs.
I’m not sayin don’t spend money but don’t spend every penny you get. And read the fucking contracts.

tbf vodka is the most retarded shit to buy expensive though

Bartender here. Makers mark is incredibly tasty and a solid bourbon.
Johnny walker is a master blender and they source their whiskies from distilleries around Scotland.
The ashtray charcoal flavour you are getting is peat, and you can get some good whiskies out there that don’t use peated malt.

For me? It’s gin

That's the joke. Norman clearly acquired a taste for it when he was a young man, and now that he could drink any whiskey in the world he still goes with the classics. Kino.

Expensive vodka is almost uniformly hilarious. Run a $10 vodka through a Brita filter and it is now a $40 vodka. Run it through the filter again and it's $80 vodka.

Very much true. Much as we try and deny and present otherwise, we are indeed creatures of habit. What we found comforted us in youth, we carry with us into our age.

yep, just buy the cheapest shit, freeze it and do shots with your bros or mix it

I think for Trump it's more so people can't spit in his food like would happen at a sit down restaurant. He can just send an assistant to go grab some burgers.

Been there mate. I downed just about a whole fifth of jack daniels when I was young and stupid. Ended up throwing up all over this whore who was trying to rub up against my dick and take advantage of me. Funny shit.

Or if you want to fancy it up, seriously run it through a (new) Brita filter a couple of times, that is literally the only difference between the cheapest vodka and the most expensive vodka. Rotgut gets filtered once, mid-range stuff a couple times, Grey Goose and the like 5 times

I make gin martinis that have a shot of ultra filtererd vodka, and it's just whatever's on sale run through a Brita. It works beautifully.

Thankfully I'm a sleepy drunk, however that doesn't make me immune to projectile vomiting due to the room spinning in my head at 100 mph. The one time I've gotten seriously drunk and couldn't sleep made the journey back home eternal, holding the puke in the taxi was self torture

>the Queen
user...I...

At that point just mix tequila with grapefruit soda

Yep - people like Norman would go for Makers Mark, fancy enough. But he is pouring 9ut of a diffe e net bottle. Probably decanted Costco blended whiskey.

Horseshit

Oh, well, if SCIENTISTS have done it must be true. Don’t even need you to cite sources, I kneel before ALMIGHTY SCIENCE and also watch a lot of Rick and Morty.

>has the highest percentage of malt whisky in a blend at 35%
Good choice user.

CARLOS!

How many folks you know roll like this
How many folks you know flow like this
Not many
If any
Not many
If any

Attached: BF4DA1C8-804E-47F7-A110-BEB3DF3C1CF2.jpg (633x1045, 275.84K)

man what a snobby bottle for whiskey
fuckin canada

send me 5k please and thanks. nothing too outrageous

It doesn’t break as easily fwiw

>be me
>24 y/o femanon, been fucking the same guy for 6 years
>never had much sexual experience outside my bf
>bf decides to join the military
>i can finally unleash my inner slut
>fast forward to now
>bf has been deployed for six months, told him when he gets back i will marry him
>i have already fucked at least 15 guys while he was gone
>while hes out there in the field suffering, probably gonna die, i’ve been out here living the dream
>life is good

He has no idea ive been cheating on him lmao
Hes a nerd

Attached: 50cc7467e97929658ac9d5ba733acacbbcc62f0eedf036cf2c0a60269360c097.jpg (540x960, 52.39K)

It’s just a reused maple syrup bottle full o moonshine

Makers Mark is pretty solid, not everyone has money to get Pappy Van Winkle.