Why does Windows have to be such a turd?

Why does Windows have to be such a turd?

Attached: 4.png (555x148, 7.04K)

What does 7zip have to say?

>nooo, I must preserve my weebrune filenames, I will post a whiny thread rather than right click & rename

Idk, but Winrar is managing to deal with it.
Yeah, I'm deffo going to manually rename around 1300 songs. Fuck off.

Because the ZIP Folders code was licensed before you were born, is pretty limited (these were the days of ZOMG M$ ARE INCLUDING A WEB BROWSER ENTIRE WESTERN WORLD SHOULD SUE THEM INTO OBLIVION), and never updated - I don't think the ZIP format supported non-ASCII in the late 1990s. Dave's Garage has a video on it if you want the details instead of my 10,000 foot view.

The ZIP spec was only extended with provisions for UTF-8 filenames in 2006. Expecting Microsoft to support a large feature like this so quickly is unreasonable. Have some respect for the overworked and underpaid programmers in Redmond, who've done so much for you already.

you can auto rename in total commander you absolute retard.
you're wintoddler and not even using total commander? what the FUCK are you doing

works on my machine!

Attached: womm.png (565x364, 13.86K)

lamo cant even utf-8 what a shit toy

You should be grateful that it supports more than 8.3 filenames.

Try enabling UTF-8 beta support in the system locale settings

Unironically this, but its not because they can't do it, they just don't give a fuck. Its definitely an edge case to be using ZIP in the first place, and its probably important for backwards compatibility to restrict characters.

youtube cuts all audio above 15khz btw

thank god

>YouTube 64kbps mp3 rips

Attached: 1523433742918.png (817x443, 34.19K)

I just opened a sound frequency test video on YT and could hear up to 17khz.

>8.3
Soul.
Forced you to think about what you named your files and how you organized them.

Unicode paths always break something somewhere, they should only allow ASCII

utf-8 is unix retardation, do you really need more than ASCII? The American Standard.

windows is like
>go be a weeb somewhere else

It won't work. The underlying shell extension (that hasn't changed since Windows Me) doesn't support it.