I know C

What should I do with my skills?

>inb4 rust
>inb4 lisp
>inb4 memelangs

Attached: I will never die.png (860x989, 42.34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OrzgxUhnYjY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Contriboot to the Linux kernel.

Learn C++.
Then learn Rust.

do projects
show projects to employers
support patreon artists specializing in your specific fetish
y'know, basic contributing to society shit

What kind of projects? Gimme an idea

>I know C
At what level of competency? What does your experience consist of?

write a compiler

The fundamentals, I am good with pointers, etc. Some keywords and code still confuse me, but I can just look it up. Never contributed to a project.

But I'm a MIT nigger

buy a copy of "the unix programming environment" by K&P. do all of the things it says. C isn't very useful if you just know what pointers do, you have to know it in some sort of context.

Will do

writing a toy compiler isn't very hard, yet its a non-trivial thing that you can extend pretty endlessly. it's a project with very clear goals that uses all of the features of the language.

Find a project you already use as a user. Fix bugs, or add features. OR fix documentation, which is a great way to get into a project. Every project I've ever coded in, I began with documentation fixes.
Perhaps add a missing feature required by POSIX into a BSD or GNU utility. The BSD projects are all very friendly.
I intend to begin contributing to Pidgin next, myself.

Okay. I'm just learning C myself and plan on doing:
Computer Systems: A Programmer's Perspective
OSTEP
Programming Massively Parallel Processors.

Any fa/g/s here care to chime in? I switched from software to CS and wondering if I shot myself in the foot because I won't have the cool portfolio I see a bunch of people have.

Take a look at Google Summer of Code projects. The projects will be too hard for you, but you can do easier stuff for the same foundations/softwares.

Found this not too long ago. You use C to make a pascal interpreter.

Attached: WritingCompilersAndInterpretersApplied_1e.jpg (394x499, 26.79K)

oh yeah? write the necessary pointer arithmetic to find the offset of where to place an arbitrary object(struct) in a buffer, with regard to alignment

pick up kernel programming and contribute to open source

Learn Nim and become productive.

literally ...
> whoah ....
> I knuuuh ... Kungfuuuuh

youtube.com/watch?v=OrzgxUhnYjY

Attached: whoooah.jpg (312x162, 4.07K)

but he doesn't want to cut his dick off