/dpt/ - Daily Programming Thread

What are you working on, Any Forums?
Previously

Attached: Screenshot from 2022-09-12 21-31-29.png (1644x1284, 37.76K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lapce.dev/
godbolt.org/z/3Kznj48h8
github.com/Shrigmer/Chanister
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's been like 4 threads without an anime op, I'm going to starve to death. Also I am working on a personal project and a feature I had planned is significantly larger than I thought so I'm considering pushing it off to a later version or just not doing it at all.

lapce.dev/
Seems interesting

Attached: screenshot.png (2652x2020, 858.03K)

Which language lets me bypass OS constraints and do shit like delete system files and completely take over the system?

anyone read stallman's c manual yet? how does it compare to other c manuals out there?

Of course it's written in Rust /dpt/

is this correct recursive scrapping function?
def recursive_scraping(urls: set[str]) -> None:
if len(urls) == 0:
return None
child_urls = set()
for url in urls:
child_urls.update(scrap_child_urls(url))
save_to_file(child_urls, f"{filenames[0]}", ext)
save_to_file(scrap_documents(url), f"{filenames[1]}", ext)
return recursive_scraping(child_urls)

now i will check it out

I used it before, seems like pre-alpha quality at this moment.
I hope one day it becomes a viable alternative to VS Code.

How do switch-case with default value implemented? Do it still use jump table?

what lang is this

>restrictions are build into the language, not the system
No one is going to teach you how to hack.

python with type hinting

The only real thing that's preventing me from switching from vscode are the custom tasks and LSP support for HLS. Both of those are probably possible to add to this and I bet the former would be trivial. Or I could just use bash scripts. Thanks for sharing this.

>use dynamic languages because they're easy
>completely useless in the real world
>add static type checking via annotations
WHY
Why don't people just skip the first step and use statically typed languages

Because it's so hard for them. They're usually the kind of people who were scared by the concept of pointers and thus opted out to languages where they thought to be certain they'd never have to be in contact with them.

sunk cost and "worse is better." stroke of luck and misfortunate that python is as big as it is because of numpy, scipy, and eventually meme learning

Okay nevermind, I messed with it some more and there is a lot of really buggy stuff. So I guess minimally working is also something keeping me with vscode.

Why don't you try it and see?
godbolt.org/z/3Kznj48h8
Looks like it does one cmp to see if it should take the default path, and otherwise does a jump table. I would assume whether it does a jump table or not depends on how easy it is to convert the case labels into a table, if they jump around a lot it will probably check those labels individually.

I would love to do all of that, but any help would be appreciated. I have made a repository now, will post a thread about it later too.
github.com/Shrigmer/Chanister

any good frameworks for serializing in rust?

any one with I/O, retard

try googling

This. Few people use Python because of the language itself, it's all about the libs.

yes. some high level languages don't let you have access to OS level stuff

I'm working on an application that displays flashing colors in such a way that it causes epileptic seizures in people that don't even have epilepsy. It's the most challenging program I've ever written because every time I try to debug its flashing colors I have a seizure. I've spent most of the last few months just seizureing and not making any progress.

You can do some neat shit in Python. It's degenerate shit sometimes but I like the facilities of the language in some aspects. I don't like the structure of the language though, some of it is inconsistent.
I wish Perl won the Perl vs Python war though. Perl allows you to pretty much write retarded shit and it will work, I loved that about Perl. Not my coworkers though.

Beginner at C++, would a music player be a feasible learning experience?

Why does this cause a ``does not name a type" compiler error in g++?

bed.cpp
#include "bed.h"

//bunch of stuff

void Bed::setVariables(/*bunch of stuff*/) {
//bunch of stuff
}
Bed bed;
bed.setVariables(/*buncha stuff*/);

On compiling:
error: ‘bed’ does not name a type

It fixes itself when I call setVariables in another cpp file but that makes the code look messy.

The issue is that Python is just doing it wrong. First, it wanted to be a dynamic language (not a very good one) and now it wants to pretend to be a static language.
Clojure stands for itself as being dynamic and gives you tools like Malli and spec.
>python is as big as it is because of numpy, scipy, and eventually meme learning
I work in meme learning and it's unfortunate that Python became as big as it did, but if you consider history a bit it makes sense. Matlab sucks ass and is closed source, Mathematica is good but closed source and expensive as shit. People needed an open source alternative and Python is familiar enough to be palatable for most people.

That is not the same as bypassing OS contraints through, and you niggerfaggot know that.

Why did you even waste your time and effort on this shitpost?

You can't run statements outside of a function in C++. Put it in a function.

Because fun

fuck off to >>/emg/ LISPtarded NEET shill

Thanks, now it seems obvious why it wasn't working.

>fuck off to >>/emg/
I'm already there