Have you ever stayed in a hospital overnight? Monday night was my first time, and it sucked. Try to avoid it if you can...

Have you ever stayed in a hospital overnight? Monday night was my first time, and it sucked. Try to avoid it if you can.

Hospital stories welcome.

Attached: 01E28A8D-B6BA-47A8-AD19-F573A8445B1D.jpg (595x447, 50K)

oh yeah i'm gonna kill myself or die trying

If you think the hospital is bad, wait until you end in the psychiatric ward

I was hospitalised and put on IV antibiotics in my late teens. I remained there for a week. Yeah it sucked & the hospital bed was extremely uncomfortable (6'3" can't stretch my legs out, have to hang my feet off the sides).

Had both legs amputated last year. Spent close to two weeks there after surgery. Gets kinda comfy after a few days tbh.

Damn. What happened?

did you receive implants or something? saying "comfy" really makes me think you got away from that trauma fine. Or you wanna tell us something

OP here… In my case, I collapsed (passed out) when I got up at 3am to go to the toilet. Wife & stepson heard the big “crash” and found me on the bathroom floor. Ambulance took me to emergency. Had to get tons of blood drawn, CT scan of my head, ultrasound of my heart, etc. Worst part was a man across the hall puking his brains out all night. Nobody even bothered to close the door.

I was hospitalized and in like a mini coma for like 2 days. If death means the non existence and the total unconsciousness I experienced then death itself doesn't seem too bad of an existence, it is the torture you would find in some rekt cartel video that is scary

>At hospital to have appendix removed.
>Goes well, I wake up high from anesthesia and ask for food and drink.
>Get moved to another room where one guy is loudly puking all night and get told to get some sleep.
>Finally fall asleep and suddenly gets woken up after what feels like 5 minutes of sleep.
>me: "Hey what gives?", nurse: "Oh don't worry about it, just go back to sleep".
>Sun is up now and the guy is still loudly vomiting, plus I am in pain since the pain meds wore off.
>Fanfuckingtastic

I got shaved one night, woke up covered in red spray paint. Never been to hospital tho.

I went to a local hospital in 2008 for psych reasons but the hospital didn't have a psych ward. I remember wandering around saying stupid shit and cutting words in a foam plate with a plastic knife. They claimed I was "violent" to send me to the psych hospital and apparently it took a while because my poor people's insurance didn't want to pay for an ambulette to take me to the other hospital. I didn't even touch anyone when I was there, maybe said wacky shit but I remember literally hiding under the covers and I think the only think they honestly gave me for the symptoms was like 1 mg of ativan which doesn't do shit if you're actively hallucinating. Also my family kept visiting and apparently by the time I got better in the psych ward, the people there were saying I should stop getting visitors because my family always made me worse after a visit. Was kind of a weird thing to say because I was going to eventually go back to them after being discharged and they were going to make me "worse" anyway

That’s a night in hell! They need to be better about putting pukers in their own space. I have emetophobia, so hearing, seeing, or smelling vomit triggers severe panic for me. My overnight was one night too long.

Man nurse worked in hospital for over 10 years. Can answer questions.

Huh, I was just annoyed, I can't imagine how being phobic in relation to vomit would've treated me.
That's like if they had stabled a cantankerous horse next to my bed, I'd have been scared shitless.

Did you enjoy seeing bare asses when gowns were open in the back?

Do you enjoy attending patients without empathy and lack of enthusiasm?

Nothing exciting, had pain thought to be oschlotters that turned to be growths.

No implants. Comfy in the sense you get used to being there after a few nights and staff is there to pick up any slack you can't. The real shock came when I was released and got home like "oh shit, I don't have fucking legs anymore".

Damn user

Attached: 1263885685131.jpg (350x349, 44.83K)

Not really, you become so accustom to it, you quit paying attention

Some people can handle other people retching. Some can even hold a girl’s hair back while she spews. I can’t handle it, and yes, emetophobia is a thing. 0g4y2

It's just a job. No one really gives a shit about you. Some are better actors than others though.

Well shit, that's a realistic reply

>and yes, emetophobia is a thing.
Oh I don't doubt you, it even sounds kinda reasonable.
When you know there is an actual phobia related to being spied on by ducks, believing that someone couldn't handle vomit isn't hard.

>both legs amputated

Was it hard to stop saying things like:

“I need to run to the store, or “Let me walk you through the process,” or “I’m just kicking back” ?

A couple of my nurses were caring. One blew me off when I asked for a cup of coffee. It is a tough job, and some medical professionals truly enjoy helping people, but there are a fair amount who give zero fucks about you.