Into telescopes and stargazing feel free to ask me sturff

Into telescopes and stargazing feel free to ask me sturff

Attached: file.png (768x905, 456.98K)

refractor or reflector

tabletop dob reflector is the best bang for buck.

I bought a used one but don't know how to use it.

Attached: 1652530495690.jpg (400x400, 32.73K)

All that glass, but can you see why kids like cinnamon toast crunch?

what scope did you buy?

what are your best neighbour creep wins?
Must be cool to have a good magnification available

I have that piece of shit. It’s surprisingly decent for a piece of shit though.

Good starter/budget telescope?

OH, TABLETOP
That's just what I need for here

Looking for a Schmidt-Cas, any reccomendations?

Also, what are some decent budget options for tracking mounts? Couple hundred bucks is fine, I just don;t want to get some shit i regret and can;t easily resell

Orion Funscope / Celestron cometron / sky-watcher heritage 76. Look for a 76/300mm tabletop dobsonian with kellner eyepieces. They go for around 80-100 bucks.

Favourite objects to observe?

Schmidts are expensive as fuck now. Nexstar 6se is best bang for buck but its 1000$

>Favourite objects to observe?
women

Pleiades in Taurus you can see it with naked eyes and will look great in any old binoculars.

Begone, coomer

Are you going to get an eyepiece that lets a camera be added? Somebody here, where I live, had a cool setup and it was really nice to see the rings of Saturn on a 55 inch TV.

You probably need to align your star finder. During daylight, find a tree about 1/2 mile away (800ish meters for the metric folks). Pan your scope until it's smack in the middle of the tree, then set your star finder to match.

It would be terrible for that. It would be tough to focus on a house with a telescope. May as well get binoculars for that instead.

How polluted with light are your whereabouts?
I need to go ~40km away from where I live to reach a spot where the milky way is visible :/

its Bortle 6. Lowest I have been to is 3.

I live in my pickup. So, lots of dark skies but almost no space. What do you suggest buying?

Bonus points if I can take some photos through it, but not a deal breaker.